Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 1, 2016
Purchase link: HMV - Xtra-Vision
Price: £22.99
HDN Group Buy: Hosted by Naughtius Maximus

Ireland
HMV Ireland - Xtra-Vision
Price: €27.99

01-288667.jpg 02-288667.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not confirmed yet what cut of the film will be on the Blu-ray release
It's expected to be the r rated longer cut as it was announced will be released on Blu-ray and DVD
It's possible they could have 2 separate Blu-ray versions

I'm sure in the next few months it will be known for sure when they announce all the details and what extras will be on the Blu-ray

Reactions: Flloydo
Place holder? For the £1? That's odd
So they do take the £1 and refund it back?
No - it's known as a 'pre-auth' just to check that the card is valid. It reduces the amount of credit available on your card by that amount for a few days.

A similar thing happens when they scan your card when checking in at a hotel (although they will usually take a pre-auth for the full amount plus a bit to cover any extras, to make sure you have the credit available to pay on check-out).

Reactions: Flloydo
No - it's known as a 'pre-auth' just to check that the card is valid. It reduces the amount of credit available on your card by that amount for a few days.

A similar thing happens when they scan your card when checking in at a hotel (although they will usually take a pre-auth for the full amount plus a bit to cover any extras, to make sure you have the credit available to pay on check-out).

Yeah it's cool, was having a blonde moment and understand it all now

I've put a pre order in for now

As far as I can tell there are something like 6 BD releases pending for this film here in the U.K.:-

1) Steelbook - HMV Exclusive 3D/2D + UV - 1 (?) BD
2) Amaray - 3D + 2D + UV - 2 (?) BDs
3) Amaray - 4K ULTRA HD + BD + UV - 2 BDs
4) Amaray - BD + UV - 1 (?) BD
5) Amaray - Amazon Exclusive Limited Edition SUPERMAN STATUE "Collector's Edition" 3D/2D + UV - 2 (?) BDs
6) Amaray - Amazon Exclusive Limited Edition BATMAN STATUE "Collector's Edition" 3D/2D + UV - 2 (?) BDs

Confusing, as often is, with 2 BDs listed in one place and 1 BD in another for the same item - not sure if the 3D/2D is on the same disc - as listed at HMV and BR.com for the steelbook - or two discs as listed at Amazon for other 3D/2D editions . . .

Without the certifications it's not possible to confirm the items above contain anything other than the 12A Theatrical Release Cut or even confirm it's a case of "1 movie, 2 cuts" (whether there's a "15" Certificate Extended Cut included here or not).
HOWEVER, with 151 mins. listed here in the U.K. as the runtime and the same in The States - for all BD listings for this film at BR.com - the only difference between the two countries appears to be that the U.S. editions include "1 movie, 2 cuts" in the listings.

According to the BBFC "All known versions of this work passed uncut . . . Some versions of this film are displayed in the 3D or IMAX format and some younger children may find them a more intense experience"

Regarding the TBC artwork: This image is from a poster designed by WORKS ADV of Los Angeles and is one of thirteen they designed for this film and the only one of two with both characters together . . . looking at both posters I know which one I'd prefer on the front and it's not this one.

Last edited:
Just back from seeing this, & I actually really enjoyed it. Sure, its got pacing issues & is probably 10 or 15 minutes too long, but I still enjoyed it for what it was.

Still waiting for HMV to list any of these new releases, on their Irish HMV.ie website
They won't, there's been several releases now from HMV UK that never showed up on HMV Ireland. And the Irish branch are horribly untrustworthy. I order the UK steels through Parcel Motel.

Reactions: harry
So saw this today. It's a lot to digest. I wanted so much from this movie that I feel a little disappointed. It's a good movie but not the great one we all hoped for. The trailers gave away too much. Hopefully the uncut version will have more batman and superman fighting. It also felt more of a batman movie with superman being a supporting character. 7/10 for now..

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Basil