Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D - In theaters April 04, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and teams up with Natasha Romanoff, aka Black Widow, to battle a powerful yet shadowy enemy in present-day Washington, D.C.
Stars: Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Robert Redford

Trailer:
[media=youtube]NLWsK1ZFunA[/media]

Old infos:
From IMDB and source

cap.jpg
After saving the world twice in two years in Captain America: The First Avenger and this summer's The Avengers, it looks like Captain America is going to get to take a year off. Disney has just announced the release date of Captain America 2, the third outing for Chris Evans as the star-spangled super soldier, but fans of the hero are going to have to wait until 2014 to watch as he "continues his affiliation with Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D and struggles to embrace his role in the modern world," according to a Disney press release.

After this summer's Marvel's The Avengers, Cap will have until April 4, 2014 to rest up, clean his indestructible shield and get used to this modern world before getting into action again, confirming rumors that the movie could be in production as early as the end of this year (Neal McDonough, who played Dum Dum Dugan in the first installment, had leaked that information to reporters earlier this year). That leaves Marvel little time to find a director to replace Joe Johnson, who headed up the first in the series; rumored to be in the running are The Adjustment Bureau's George Nolfi and the Community producer-director team of Anthony and Joe Russo. Maybe there's hope for some kind of superhero role for Donald Glover after all...

Marvel's The Avengers is released May 4, with the Marvel movie universe continuing with Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 both set for release in 2013.

Attachments

• iyrhuj.jpg
    iyrhuj.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 372
  • 76368.jpg
    76368.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 488
Last edited by a moderator:
Where are you watching it?

I go to Cineworld in Huntingdon, £15 for their unlimited card is bloody awesome!

The Showcase is a shower of shite (had a second job there a few years ago, which is how I met my fiancé) so used to go all of the time because I would get 4 free tickets a week but once I left we started to go to Cineworld as it's a much nicer cinema, cheaper for both tickets and food and drink but the main reason being the Cineworld Unlimited card.

Yea the Showcase is shite, I'm going to the BFI Imax to watch it, Gonna have to try to Cineworld, just not too eager to bump shoulders with some of the savoury characters in Huntingdon!

They're a bit better than the Peterborough folk trust me :D

AMC theaters in the US hosting a double feature showing CA:TWS at 8PM on Thursday April 3rd with these free gifts:

CALanyard_dark.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So saw this last night as a double bill with Captain America

I'll start by saying, I LOVED IT!!! IMO aside from 'The Avengers', 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' is now my favourite 'Avengers' movie and IMO the best one so far.

WARNING - There are SPOILERS in this post which I have spoilered out

I would highly recommend re-watching the first film before seeing this as it references this a lot, rather than carrying on from 'The Avengers', and in fact it distances itself nicely from it.

I'm glad I didn't read too much into the movie before watching it and was surprised to see that it was 'Bucky' as 'The Winter Solider', that for me made a nice little twist. Cap Am 2 certainly takes a more darker tone and IMO turns to be more a thriller/espionage movie that really worked for me.

Cast were great and like RDJ playing 'Iron Man', Chris Evans as 'Cap' is perfect! It was nice to have 'Black Widow' as a more co-star rather than the background character also. The addition of 'Falcon' also worked, and Jackson as 'Nick Fury' is as good as always.

The 3D wasn't all that, as most of the 'Avengers' movies are. It looked great and sounded fantastic however. I will be going to watch this again!

Whole heartedly recommend this, and will give this a very easy 9/10 possibly 10/10!!

Last edited:
On the way to London to watch this . Decided not to drive & go by train. Motherf*****ing train has been delayed. Stuck in the middle of nowhere & not gonna make it to the showing. So pissed off right now it's beyond words. Never take the train but thought I'd give it a try. NEVER AGAIN :angry::angry::angry:

I've seen the film this morning and it is awesome. :drool:

I'll even say that it is THE BEST Marvel film ever made (yes, better than Iron Man & Avengers — I seem to be a fan of the Captain, as I rank the excellent Captain America - The First Avenger ahead of The Avengers).

No spoilers here : The Winter Soldier is awesome because in terms of ambition, they actually have something interesting to say (looking at you, Thor 2), the film has some depth, a lot of style (most of the film plays out more like a conspiracy thriller), a true identity (modern day Washington DC is as original a setting for a superhero movie as the World War II setting of the first one), good bad guys, great use of existing characters, a story that actually goes somewhere (and doesn't forget the previous Cap movie) and makes the mythology of Marvel Cinematic Universe leap forward in an exciting direction. Captain America - The Winter Soldier is closer to The Dark Knight than to its Marvel predecessors, that's a good thing in my book.

Needless to say, I will own a steelbook of this. If France doesn't release one (there was no steelbook of Thor 2 in France, unlike most Marvel films up until that one), I'll keep the Zavvi pre-order I have, my bank account can't afford more than that, I'm hoping Disney will learn from their mistakes :) (but it's Disney so they won't, they don't care about us suckers).

Last edited:
Reactions: cooey and Troll2Fan