Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D - In theaters April 04, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and teams up with Natasha Romanoff, aka Black Widow, to battle a powerful yet shadowy enemy in present-day Washington, D.C.
Stars: Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Robert Redford

Trailer:
[media=youtube]NLWsK1ZFunA[/media]

Old infos:
From IMDB and source

cap.jpg
After saving the world twice in two years in Captain America: The First Avenger and this summer's The Avengers, it looks like Captain America is going to get to take a year off. Disney has just announced the release date of Captain America 2, the third outing for Chris Evans as the star-spangled super soldier, but fans of the hero are going to have to wait until 2014 to watch as he "continues his affiliation with Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D and struggles to embrace his role in the modern world," according to a Disney press release.

After this summer's Marvel's The Avengers, Cap will have until April 4, 2014 to rest up, clean his indestructible shield and get used to this modern world before getting into action again, confirming rumors that the movie could be in production as early as the end of this year (Neal McDonough, who played Dum Dum Dugan in the first installment, had leaked that information to reporters earlier this year). That leaves Marvel little time to find a director to replace Joe Johnson, who headed up the first in the series; rumored to be in the running are The Adjustment Bureau's George Nolfi and the Community producer-director team of Anthony and Joe Russo. Maybe there's hope for some kind of superhero role for Donald Glover after all...

Marvel's The Avengers is released May 4, with the Marvel movie universe continuing with Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 both set for release in 2013.

Attachments

• iyrhuj.jpg
    iyrhuj.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 367
  • 76368.jpg
    76368.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 482
Last edited by a moderator:
Just came back from this.

EEK! The action is WOW!!! EEK!
Scarlett is hot... as always!
Stan is spot-on! A true great adversary to Cap.
Nice to see more and more about Fury, Hill & Falcon ("I do what he does - just slower." :p).
The main story (espionnage and all) fits so well over the SHIELD/***** story we've been introduced...

Anyone noticed the name of Tony Stark in the target list?
Or heard the name of Stephen Strange during the interrogation? :naughty:
and the Pulp Fiction wink? :hilarious:

Oh and my ever growing glass collection welcomes its new member:
photo 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

Can't wait for #3 (with more of Agent 13 PLEASE!!!). and Avengers 2... with the Twins :naughty:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the same cup, Marc... except I went with the shield topper. :D

So, Cap 2 was a perfect superhero flick. The pacing was spot-on and the story was great, too. I've got to say, out of all the Marvel Studios flicks, this will probably be my second favourite now after The Avengers. Wow... just perfect.

Reactions: Drum18
I just got back from the Cap double feature, and I have to echo all the glowing praise in this thread. This movie is the real deal. Great action, really well-thought-out plot, and I just loved the interconnectedness of the first and second CA movies. Humorous at points, just as in the other Avengers films, and I was glad to see they weren't afraid to shake things up a bit. Just a superb effort and I think it will have excellent re-watchability, too. I am already planning to go back again.

Highly recommended, especially if you are a big fan of the Avengers films.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Watched this with the missus yesterday in IMAX 3D. Absolutely incredible movie! I've rated it 10/10 over at IMDB.com . Best Marvel movie (yes, even better than the Avengers, IMHO!) so far.

The cast were incredible, especially Robert Redford and Samuel L. Jackson. The studio / Russo brothers made the right choice in getting Anthony Mackie to play the Falcon.

And Sebastian Stan; WOW! What else can I say that hasn't been echoed by the fans? He reminded me of the Terminator in some scenes, so focussed was he on pursuing his prey, it positively gave me chills. His portrayal of the tortured character that is the Winter Soldier is true to Ed Brubaker's vision of the character.

Most people are calling this an action movie, and to some extent they'd be right. However, to me, this is an action thriller, with more emphasis on the thriller aspect.

This being a Marvel movie, one has to stick around for the post-credits scenes, and we weren't disappointed. One of those scenes is definitely a build-up to the 2nd Avengers movie.

Yep - I agree with everything in this post. The casting was outstanding.

I agree with just about everyone. This is a 10/10. I have loved all of the films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe up to this point, some more than others. But this one truly knocks it out of the park. I cannot think of one single thing that I did not like about it. The cast has such great chemistry. The action is more unique than any of the other Avengers films. The humor comes in at just the right moments. The story is so well thought-out. It's very clever. Definitely the smartest movie Marvel has made. I will definitely be a repeat customer for this one.

I totally did not see the Jasper Sitwell situation coming. He has appeared in Thor, The Consultant, The Avengers, Item 47, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Reactions: tridon and Scott7
Spoiler Alert: Everyone dies at the end :p

Haha just kidding. Gotta agree w/ what everyone is saying. Definitely the smartest Marvel movie yet. Best part is that it's not too CGI heavy and it's not a comedy movie like most of the Marvel Universe movies seem to be going for now, IMO. And the last two credit scenes..... it was ... you just gotta watch it if you haven't already

Just came back from seeing this. Excellent film. :thumbs:

Didn't feel bored at any moment, loved the action scenes, loved the history tie-in from first film and everything connected so well.

Reactions: ocielz
Just finished watching this!!! EPIC Movie!!! Great Use of the shield thru out the film and Intense Action Scenes!!!

Only Gripe......
Where the hell was Hawkeye!?!?!?

Saw this today and I was very impressed. I felt that it had the best storyline/plot of any Marvel movie and I would give it a solid 8/10. The Avengers is still my favorite overall movie because I enjoyed the different characters and the various fight scenes more than Winter Soldier. Winter Soldier is a definite upgrade over the original as I've always felt it was the weakest of the Marvel releases. Must watch!!

Reactions: harry
Interesting. I thought The original Captain America was the best of phase one. It ties all the other movies together and I suspect this one has as well.

Reactions: jong1
Came back from watching this earlier, hands down Marvel's best to date. :scat:

For those who didn't see it yet, make sure you stay for TWO post-credits easter eggs :naughty:

Reactions: ocielz
It was A Thriller with some Heroes thrown in the Mix:scat: loved the way it tied back into the characters from the first film. Good to see the Howling Commandos and others. Great Movie, Now bring on the Steelbooks!!

Ties in nicely from the first Cpt. America. The only problem I have is that I hope they don't just start churning these Marvel movies out just to make money. The quality and awesomeness of this movie was excellent, and I'm worried that the quality might go down just to make a few more bucks.

Ties in nicely from the first Cpt. America. The only problem I have is that I hope they don't just start churning these Marvel movies out just to make money. The quality and awesomeness of this movie was excellent, and I'm worried that the quality might go down just to make a few more bucks.

Phase one releases were either 1 - 2 years apart. They have a timeline of up to 2028 already, means that we'll see something every year or every other year. They have been in development for quite some time too so I don't really feel they are rushing with them. If anything, they are lining up quite nice.

As far as the movie goes, wow! Best Marvel movie to date, very good script, the action was great, story was excellent, and the characters were fleshed out. Now I can't wait to see Guardians of the Galaxy! :scat:

Just to add to Horhay's points on the well thought timeline of these movies, Sebastian Stan who originally auditioned for the Cap's role but given the role of Bucky was signed to a 7-movie deal just like Chris Evans. Now if WB and DC comics executives could plan and develop like Disney and Marvel are doing, we would see the JL movies by now.