Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D - In theaters April 04, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and teams up with Natasha Romanoff, aka Black Widow, to battle a powerful yet shadowy enemy in present-day Washington, D.C.
Stars: Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Robert Redford

Trailer:
[media=youtube]NLWsK1ZFunA[/media]

Old infos:
From IMDB and source

cap.jpg
After saving the world twice in two years in Captain America: The First Avenger and this summer's The Avengers, it looks like Captain America is going to get to take a year off. Disney has just announced the release date of Captain America 2, the third outing for Chris Evans as the star-spangled super soldier, but fans of the hero are going to have to wait until 2014 to watch as he "continues his affiliation with Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D and struggles to embrace his role in the modern world," according to a Disney press release.

After this summer's Marvel's The Avengers, Cap will have until April 4, 2014 to rest up, clean his indestructible shield and get used to this modern world before getting into action again, confirming rumors that the movie could be in production as early as the end of this year (Neal McDonough, who played Dum Dum Dugan in the first installment, had leaked that information to reporters earlier this year). That leaves Marvel little time to find a director to replace Joe Johnson, who headed up the first in the series; rumored to be in the running are The Adjustment Bureau's George Nolfi and the Community producer-director team of Anthony and Joe Russo. Maybe there's hope for some kind of superhero role for Donald Glover after all...

Marvel's The Avengers is released May 4, with the Marvel movie universe continuing with Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 both set for release in 2013.

Attachments

• iyrhuj.jpg
    iyrhuj.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 365
  • 76368.jpg
    76368.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 480
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pumped to see this and it looks like it will be 100 times better than the first one. Don't get me wrong, I liked the first, but I found it to be a tad boring and it left me wanting more in so many scenes. It was my least favorite out of Thor and IM.

Loved it too. In my top 3 marvel films.
Great action and editing. Certainly shaken things up!

Can I ask a favour for our non UK friends.
There is a scene where the Falcon tells Cap to listen to some Marvin Gaye and Cap writes it down in a notebook. In the notebook is a list of things he wants to look at. On the list is the 1966 World Cup and Sean Connery. These things make me think they put different things on the list depending on the country.
Why would Cap want to see the 1966 World Cup over a major baseball game!

Just wondering if it's changed in other countries?

Last edited:
Watched this with the missus yesterday in IMAX 3D. Absolutely incredible movie! I've rated it 10/10 over at IMDB.com . Best Marvel movie (yes, even better than the Avengers, IMHO!) so far.

The cast were incredible, especially Robert Redford and Samuel L. Jackson. The studio / Russo brothers made the right choice in getting Anthony Mackie to play the Falcon.

And Sebastian Stan; WOW! What else can I say that hasn't been echoed by the fans? He reminded me of the Terminator in some scenes, so focussed was he on pursuing his prey, it positively gave me chills. His portrayal of the tortured character that is the Winter Soldier is true to Ed Brubaker's vision of the character.

Most people are calling this an action movie, and to some extent they'd be right. However, to me, this is an action thriller, with more emphasis on the thriller aspect.

This being a Marvel movie, one has to stick around for the post-credits scenes, and we weren't disappointed. One of those scenes is definitely a build-up to the 2nd Avengers movie.

Reactions: Scott7
Reading on the internet that Chris Evans says he's done with acting once he's done with Marvel (so once Cap 3 and Avengers 3 are done), and if the comics are anything to go by is that Bucky takes over as Captain America, while Rogers takes a break from it. Whilst I like Bucky as the Winter Soldier, I don't know how I'd feel about him taking over as Cap Am, I think I'd rather see Cap be killed off and have Bucky join the Avengers as the Winter Soldier.

But it will be interesting to see what way they go, especially seeing as Stan has signed on for a 9 movie contract with Marvel

Reading on the internet that Chris Evans says he's done with acting once he's done with Marvel (so once Cap 3 and Avengers 3 are done), and if the comics are anything to go by is that Bucky takes over as Captain America, while Rogers takes a break from it. Whilst I like Bucky as the Winter Soldier, I don't know how I'd feel about him taking over as Cap Am, I think I'd rather see Cap be killed off and have Bucky join the Avengers as the Winter Soldier.

But it will be interesting to see what way they go, especially seeing as Stan has signed on for a 9 movie contract with Marvel

EEK!

This certainly seems to be the case, judging from his profile of upcoming movies on IMDB.com. Captain America 3 might very well be his last movie. If true, this is bloody sad news as I thought that he did an ace job as Cap.

I'd be a little cautious on Sebastian Stan taking over as Cap, but I'm also a little optimistic. Let's wait and see.

For those of you in parts of the world where this is opening on Friday, 04/04, trust me, you're in for a helluva treat!

Just back from seeing this and I was mightily impressed with how the Russo brothers handled so many plot references to the other marvel films and possible future ones.
I also have to agree with jdslater, that its definitely in the top 3 of this marvel franchise. Its alot bwtter than the previous one and the thor films.

I loved the
pulp fiction
reference at the end too. :D