Craft Beer - Post Your Pics!

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
I can't believe there isn't a thread in here strictly for Beer. Well now there is.

So I'm going to Phoenix and this store is about 3 miles from the house I am renting. I need some recommendations of beer they sell. I'm looking for Hoppy beers please. I've had a few of them they sell but not allot. HELP ME OUT!

Thanks

BoB

I think you got ripped off on the Blushing Monk. They were selling it here for $10 to $12.

Well I know for $20 I was getting ripped off but I wanted as much as I could find because I love that beer and Im glad they brought it back. 13-14 was about the cheapest in the Metro Detroit area.

Well I know for $20 I was getting ripped off but I wanted as much as I could find because I love that beer and Im glad they brought it back. 13-14 was about the cheapest in the Metro Detroit area.

ok. makes sense. I really like it too. I was really surprised how good the flavor was. The mouth feel was thicker than expected as well.

note to self...Splax likes Blushing Monk...buy extra next time it comes out and come up with a trade... :hilarious:

There is a craft brew fest here in milwuakee this saturday. im gonna try and get the wife to go. its a bit expensive --> $40, but theres tons of breweries that are featured, obviously most are from wisconsin, but there are several from other states as well. here is a list: http://milwaukeebrewfest.com/breweries.html

ill let you guys know if i end up going and how it was. :D

$40 to have unlimited sampling of all of those beers too expensive?

Maybe it's just because I could pack away quite a bit of all that delicious beer.

$40 sounds like you are getting a really good deal with that list. Bells, Lagunitas, Left Hand, SA, Abita, and all the German style breweries definitely caught my eye.

$40 sounds like you are getting a really good deal with that list. Bells, Lagunitas, Left Hand, SA, Abita, and all the German style breweries definitely caught my eye.

yah the selection is pretty good, but i was really hoping for some more specifically like founders, new belguim and new glarus would be there.

the other down side is you only get 4 hours of drinking time for the $40. you can buy VIP tix for $55 which gets you an extra hour and access to limited special beers, but i think they sold out of those.

for me an my wife it ended up being $90 with taxes and fees. guess im cheap :dunno:

then again, $45 for 4 hours at a bar wouldn't be much cheaper, and the beer would undoubtedly be not as good.

oh well, money well spent! im already making my ranking list of breweries to hit up first/most :scat:

EDIT:

heres my list, let me know if you guys think i should really move one of them up to higher on the list. don't know if ill get to all these in 4 hours, depends on how much time i spend doing some of the other things at the festival

1. Bells
2. Central Waters
3. Howe Sound
4. North Coast
5. New Holland
6. Left Hand
7. Ale Asylum
8. Lakefront
9. Capital
10. Kostriker/other german brews
11. Summit
12. Shiner
13. Sam Adams
14. Abita
15. Southern Tier
16. Buffalo Water
17. Laguintas

Off: i saw that you put laguintas on your list. i had some in san fran a month or so agao and didnt really like it that much. should i give it another go?

Last edited:
yah the selection is pretty good, but i was really hoping for some more specifically like founders, new belguim and new glarus would be there.

the other down side is you only get 4 hours of drinking time for the $40. you can buy VIP tix for $55 which gets you an extra hour and access to limited special beers, but i think they sold out of those.

for me an my wife it ended up being $90 with taxes and fees. guess im cheap :dunno:

then again, $45 for 4 hours at a bar wouldn't be much cheaper, and the beer would undoubtedly be not as good.

oh well, money well spent! im already making my ranking list of breweries to hit up first/most :scat:

EDIT:

heres my list, let me know if you guys think i should really move one of them up to higher on the list. don't know if ill get to all these in 4 hours, depends on how much time i spend doing some of the other things at the festival

1. Bells
2. Central Waters
3. Howe Sound
4. North Coast
5. New Holland
6. Left Hand
7. Ale Asylum
8. Lakefront
9. Capital
10. Kostriker/other german brews
11. Summit
12. Shiner
13. Sam Adams
14. Abita
15. Southern Tier
16. Buffalo Water
17. Laguintas

Off: i saw that you put laguintas on your list. i had some in san fran a month or so agao and didnt really like it that much. should i give it another go?

Thats a pretty nice list of breweries there. And $40 isnt a bad price. Thats about how much I paid for the festival I went too last weekend. I only got 15 samples before I had to purchase more tokens. But I was hammered after 5 hours. I had an extra hour due to me being an MBG Enthusiast Member, or I would of had 4hrs. Its hard to say what breweries I would go to though until I see a list. Bells is a good brewery but unless they are bringing some big guns (Black Note, The Wild One, Oracle, etc) I wouldnt go visit for beers I can get in the store. The list of breweries that I would visit would be.

Bells
Grand Teton
Rock Bottom
Upland (only for their Lambics)
Left Hand
North Coast
Southern Tier
New Holland
Lagunitas
Central Waters
Tyranena

That would be the list until I could see what each brewery is bringing.

Last edited:
Reactions: mobius387

I would. I've had a few from breweries that I didn't like at all, like New Belgium's Fat Tire, but tried a different one and loved it, NB's Ranger IPA. Laguintas could be like that for you.

I wouldnt go visit for beers I can get in the store.

+1

Today is our monthly local Beeradvocate beer tasting. There is a group of about 10+ people (myself included) that met on BA and started having monthly tastings. Each month a new person hosts. Luckily a majority are a cab ride a way from me if I get too hammered haha. We usually get about 10 to 20 people and once hit over 30. Each person brings at least 3 bombers or equivalent, which in the end adds up to a lot of beer. They also turn into food tastings. Three of us have smokers so there is always some smoked meat of some sorts. Today I am making some pulled pork. Its been smoking since 7:00am and still has a few hours to go. Should be a good time tonight! :cheers:

The Bruery is awesome. They make a lot of highly sought after beers. A lot of Bruery release only. When the Black Tuesday release happens Ill have to try to reserve some and you can pick it up. :scat::scat:

I'll be moving close by in about two months. When that happens you can order stuff and I can definitely pick it up for you.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

I'll be moving close by in about two months. When that happens you can order stuff and I can definitely pick it up for you.

Ill see what I can do. Its one of the most highly sought after beers

Ill see what I can do. Its one of the most highly sought after beers

I'm in as well. I've heard nothing but good things about Black Tuesday.

I went to a Boulevard beer tasting last night. I was going to pick up a bottle of Charleville's new IPA, Ale Mucho Grande, and something from the tasting, but I ended up coming home with a bottle of Boulevard Two Jokers (Double Wit) and a bottle of Boulevard's 2011 Saison-Brett. :scat: Both very good. I also got to try an extremely small batch beer that they were playing around with. St. Louis got two 1/6bbl casks of their Double Dry-Hopped Double Wide IPA. Also very good. One cask went to this tasting, and the other went to a local bar that was hosting a Missouri Tap Take Over.

Diva and I will be going to a Schlafly Beer Dinner tonight. Gotta love St. Louis Craft Beer Week. :scat:

Does anyone have access to Surly beers (Splax, Mobius, someone up north)? I would really like to get some Furious, Darkness, Surlyfest, Smoke, Bender, and/or Coffee Bender.

is it only up north? i got a place I can check next time im in town if not.

I had a Roswell NM Alien Amber Beer last week. Not bad. :) really cool bottle.

alien_amber.jpg