Damaged SteelBook™ (From Retailers/Accidents) Sympathy & Venting!

Do you own a dented or damaged steelbook

• Yes

Votes: 324 91.0%
  • No

Votes: 32 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi All,

It looks like our former thread has become unavailable, so I am posting a new one. Feel free to post pics and share your worst experiences with damaged Steelbooks as received from retailers. I've stickied this one for now.

Thanks,
DB

Last edited by a moderator:
what did you use jimmy,a can opener:hilarious:

lmao omg the "Jimmy Situation" had me cracking up for a good minute or so! So freaken halarious!!! XD :hilarious:

Anyway, back on topic... The only damaged Steelbook I have ever gotten was for Cast Away a while ago. Bought it off of eBay and the morron that sold it to me thought it would be a good idea to ship it to me on a plain envelope with no bubble wrap or padding what so ever. The envelope was dented so I already knew what to expect before I opened the package. The case was dented on the lower back section and the bottom portion was sticking out. The seller gave me a full refund after I claimed and also let me keep the case so at least that worked out. i managed to fix it to the best of my ability and now it doesnt look too bad... The End lol

oooh yes big time. 3 times the Polar Express came damaged from amazon.ca, nothing to do but get a refund and go elsewhere. If only they packed them better, very different from both amazon.de and amazon.co.uk ............ rubbish service!!!

Anyone else have a problem with amazon.ca? I've gotten a couple smashed copies.

problem with amazon.ca? oh yeah !!!

with my:

V for Vendetta, 3 orders on separate ocassions, all dented. i'm starting to think their stock is no good at all for this title. they sent one replacement in a buble envelope. it arrived in a poorer shape than the previous items.

polar express, no dents but the steelbook edges have bare metal showing.
:dunno:

batman, kill bill 1 & 2, dents galore plus one has a scratch across like someone ran a blade on it, authentic eh? :naughty:

i've gotten some good ones from them as well but for some titles, i feel like it could have been a lot better had i paid a little bit more from other sellers in exchange for mint copies the first time around.

Anyone else have a problem with amazon.ca? I've gotten a couple smashed copies.

Those dented/scratched steelbooks I mentioned up above? They mostly came from Amazon.ca.

Let me see: Kill Bill 1, Kill Bill 2, Superman Returns, Batman Begins, Gone with the Wind, and the Exorcist. :(

We really need to show them how Amazon.de package steelbooks these days.

batman, kill bill 1 & 2, dents galore plus one has a scratch across like someone ran a blade on it, authentic eh? :naughty:

LOLOLOL. Mine too. Maybe it's the supplier? Either way, this is not on. :angry:

Last edited:
Amazon.ca used to package everything in hard cardboard, and you'd rarely see dents. But since they switched to those over-sized bubble envelopes, it's been dent city. I got a copy of Full Metal Jacket that looked like it'd blocked a cannon shot. I only use them occasionally these days. They're great for sorting out replacements, but it gets annoying.

when i got the exorcist and V for Vendetta from them in October they were packaged in cardboard, and no dents. So it may be a thing of where they are sending it so the packaging differs.

I recently got Steels from Amazon in cardboard sleeves, and still one was dented. They sent a replacement.

OMG jimmy crazy!!!:hilarious:
Guess i got lucky with amazon.ca, recently bought the canada wave from them got here perfect, but the delivery was courier, more expensive...i had bad luck with amazon.fr my priest got here all smashed...:(

I recently got Steels from Amazon in cardboard sleeves, and still one was dented. They sent a replacement.

I received 2 copies of the Alliance Hot Fuzz from an eBay seller today... one with a crushed cover on the left side, probably the worst dented Steelbook I have ever received.
The disc is loose inside too, contacted the seller and hoping for a return, argh. :(

My Cloverfield showed up damaged. But Amazon is sending out a replacement so Im happy! I got a used copy of Wanted UK steel book listed in the "Good" condition only for it to show up all scratched up. I swear it looks like a dog chewed on it, lol.

My sister got a dinged up Thor and Adjustment Bureau. Thor she sent back on her own dime to HMV UK only to get another one that was still damaged (less). So she gave up. Adjustment Bureau I took apart for her and restored it to 80% better condition on the ding spot but its still there. But she got it for like $15 shipped so wasn't complaining, lol.

The worst is the dings or dents on the corners of the steel book or the spine. Not much you can do to fix em.

I went to best buy to buy Jurassic Park. It was on sale for 59.99. When the cashier rung it up it was 69.99 so i told her the sign said 59.99. She asked this guy to go verify. He grabbed the bluray case and walked over to the sign. He verify it was 59.99. then ht started to throw it up and spin it in the air. Well he didnt catch it and it slid across the floor. I examined and didnt notice any dents or damages. When i got home and took of the shrink wrap there is two small places where the paint on the steelbook came off. its small but it bothers the hell out of me. especially when the whole case is black.

Surfury just received this banana'd Equilibrium from Amz.ca
He said if i can fix it, i can have it...Challenge accepted...

IMG_4127.jpg

IMG_4126.jpg

After a bit of rubbing and bending...and it looks alot better, but not great though...

IMG_4137.jpg

I wish Amazon.ca would follow in de and fr footsteps and have them boxed and wrapped befor they are picked for delivery.

Last edited:
Surfury just recived this banna'd Equilibrium from Amz.ca
He said if i can fix it, i can have it...Chanllenge acpeted...

IMG_4127.jpg

IMG_4126.jpg

After a bit of rubbing and bending...and it looks alot better, but not great though...

IMG_4137.jpg

I wish Amazon.ca would follow in de and fr footsteps and have them boxed and wrapped befor they are picked for delivery.

Hey Deadalus, i think you did a pretty good job there. I would have thought that Steelbook was beyond saving but you have made it look barely noticeable!

Reactions: Deadalus3000
Hey Deadalus, i think you did a pretty good job there. I would have thought that Steelbook was beyond saving but you have made it look barely noticeable!

Thanks mate, Looks better in person as the flash highlights the dents and ripples in the metal in the after photo...

Indeed, well done Deadalus!! A possible new career in the making - steelbook restorer??? ;)

Hey guys - got a steelbook in hand (bought from a member here), that unfortunately has some play in the covers.

What I mean by that - and this is the best way I can think to describe it - if you carefully place both hands flat against the covers and push slowly up/down they are very loose and move about alot (vertically).

Anyone know how this might be fixed?

Not having much joy with a return/refund with the member concerned (but that's another matter) so wanted to have a look at seeing if I could fix the issue.

Thanks in advance :)

Cars 2 received from HMV today. Having extolled how good their boxes are one of the Steels not only had a dented front left corner but a near 2 inch gouge top right running down the Steel. This is going back to HMV for replacement, glad I ordered Korean to look at.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.