General Blu-ray Digibook, Media Book Discussion

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
ir

Last edited by a moderator:
has there been a release for both batman begins and dark knight digi's in english ? I know france and germany both had those white ones but non english text. Thanks !

The only Batman movie digibook in English that I am aware of is the Warner "Batman" release from 2009 here.
and of course the recent Batman TDKR Target excl. here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there are Dutrch releases of both BB and TDK in the Premium Collection that are identical to the German ones BUT with English text in the book!

has there been a release for both batman begins and dark knight digi's in english ? I know france and germany both had those white ones but non english text. Thanks !

YES !!! took a very long time, i actually did find both batman begins and dark knight digibooks in the white covers. As of this moment i can't confirm if they are in english(potentially they are since it has been confirmed by a few websites) but once they arrive, ill post pictures !

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

and lutzo you are correct, these are the dutch edition, same covers as both france and germany but these should be in english and they both have a hint of color that the german edition does not have

YES !!! took a very long time, i actually did find both batman begins and dark knight digibooks in the white covers. As of this moment i can't confirm if they are in english(potentially they are since it has been confirmed by a few websites) but once they arrive, ill post pictures !

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

and lutzo you are correct, these are the dutch edition, same covers as both france and germany but these should be in english and they both have a hint of color that the german edition does not have

Yes, I completely forgot about the Dutch releases - Pieter has confirmed in the past that they are indeed English - Batman Begins & TDK. :emb:

and still available here.

Reactions: alvinhwang21
i ordered it through a different site for a higher price, hopefully i can cancel and order from the link you provided

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 AM ----------

nevermind, my original order is still cheaper...bol.com has ridiculous shipping prices to the states that kills the deal

Check out the postage costs though Alvin, I seem to remember that Bol´s rates seemed rather expensive, and for that reason, I haven´t ordered from them myself. ;)

Do you guys have an idea of the current value of Predator 2, Phantom Kommando and Braveheart, all three unsealed german Cineditions ?

With thanks !

Do you guys have an idea of the current value of Predator 2, Phantom Kommando and Braveheart, all three unsealed german Cineditions ?

With thanks !

I would say that each of those would be worth about 60 euros each, with maybe the first 2 worth a little more.

Last edited:
Reactions: bidou
just curious of what you people think, do you consider these digibooks? i've got somebody repetitively telling me they're not and should not be considered digibooks, but i think they're wrong.

Alien Anthology US
Die Hard 25th Anniversary Collection US
Indiana Jones Complete Adventures US
Spartacus All Seasons US
Star Wars Complete Saga US

Is there a list of blu-ray digibooks and media books that have english text on the booklet?

just curious of what you people think, do you consider these digibooks? i've got somebody repetitively telling me they're not and should not be considered digibooks, but i think they're wrong.

Alien Anthology US
Die Hard 25th Anniversary Collection US
Indiana Jones Complete Adventures US
Spartacus All Seasons US
Star Wars Complete Saga US

I think they should be classed as digibooks. Although they are not like a normal digibook they still have pages so are a type of digibook IMO.

I think they should be classed as digibooks. Although they are not like a normal digibook they still have pages so are a type of digibook IMO.

right, they're not your typical digibook in that the pages are mostly pictures and very little if any text and the pages actually hold the discs. this person keeps saying they're not pages but decorated sleeves and that since they don't have a lot of writing and none of them have the discs stored in trays like normal digibooks, that they're not digibooks at all. this same person also says the the ones like The Hustler & The Usual Suspects from the US aren't true digibooks either because they don't have the plastic tray in the back holding the discs. i think this is crazy talk.

my definition of a digibook is any bound book packaging that has pages of text and or photos and that digital media discs are stored inside the book, no matter what type of holder they are.

Last edited:
No we don't have a list like that yet. It would take a fair bit of work to compile it.

I tried to look it up on blu-ray.com, all the digibooks and media books on their list and it didn't say on the description what language the booklet is in. That would be a huge help for customers in general if they do that.

right, they're not your typical digibook in that the pages are mostly pictures and very little if any text and the pages actually hold the discs. this person keeps saying they're not pages but decorated sleeves and that since they don't have a lot of writing and none of them have the discs stored in trays like normal digibooks, that they're not digibooks at all. this same person also says the the ones like The Hustler & The Usual Suspects from the US aren't true digibooks either because they don't have the plastic tray in the back holding the discs. i think this is crazy talk.

my definition of a digibook is any bound book packaging that has pages of text and or photos and that digital media discs are stored inside the book, no matter what type of holder they are.

I would agree with your definition!:thumbs:

I tried to look it up on blu-ray.com, all the digibooks and media books on their list and it didn't say on the description what language the booklet is in. That would be a huge help for customers in general if they do that.

Yes it would be useful, as a general rule though the majority of digibooks that aren't from The US or Canada will have foreign text. I know there are a few exceptions from the Netherlands, Sweden and other places but these are few and far between.

Reactions: PunkNinja

Since there is no "authority" to decide what actually constitutes a digibook, it really is up to the individual to make their mind up for themselves. Some sites choose to regard releases such as the Spartacus series as books, some do not. We here at HDN have over time come to regard the cardboard sleeve releases as having "pages" and therefore as digibooks, whereas the the Studio Canal titles which include a booklet tucked inside the cover (ie not bound to the spine) we regard as digipacks. In the end it's just one persons view against anothers - there is no "right" answer to the question really.

Since there is no "authority" to decide what actually constitutes a digibook, it really is up to the individual to make their mind up for themselves. Some sites choose to regard releases such as the Spartacus series as books, some do not. We here at HDN have over time come to regard the cardboard sleeve releases as having "pages" and therefore as digibooks, whereas the the Studio Canal titles which include a booklet tucked inside the cover (ie not bound to the spine) we regard as digipacks. In the end it's just one persons view against anothers - there is no "right" answer to the question really.

i can see this, but the way they're talking over there is that one of the studios actually owns the term/design digibook like Scanavo owns Steelbook Designs. i'm not sure if that's correct, but i've never heard such before.