United Kingdom
Release date:11th November 2013
Price: £165
Purchase link:
Amazon
Zavvi

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Without a doubt. And you are getting them in a handsome set. Besides these are Alfred Hitchcock's films worth triple the amount each. :)

The thing is most of us here already bought the earlier set which is in the book form. So it's hard to come out with another £80 for basically the same thing. ;)

I'm incredibly tempted but what's the likelihood of another set in the future including more films? Especially as they've just done this. What a dilemma...

It is always possible. Lol

If another set is coming out, which is unlikely yet, they will drop the current one's price to £60. That may be better to wait for.

thanks! But is it Amazon UK doesn't carry it anymore? I would rather buy from Amazon when they have marked down prices.

thanks! But is it Amazon UK doesn't carry it anymore? I would rather buy from Amazon when they have marked down prices.

Its not Sold out at Amazon.uk
Its
Item Under Review

This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page

Note

As soon as that complaint is sorted it will be back available direct from Amazon.UK

Reactions: Real Steel
me too,as missed out on this when i was in the uk,i ordered it to be sent to australia hope they pack these things up well and seemed very cheap for shipping for this item £1.99??
Anyone had these sort of things shipped this far and how was there packing i am a little worried it not arrive in great shape or go missing etc i think there was an option to get tracking i think but was much more so never bothered

Ordered yesterday and arrived today. Very very nice set
It was also packaged well in a box with 2 pieces of square foam, one at each end holding it in place so that it couldn't move about
Really nice edition, which I would definitely recommend :scat:

Reactions: Noodles
Ordered yesterday and arrived today. Very very nice set
It was also packaged well in a box with 2 pieces of square foam, one at each end holding it in place so that it couldn't move about
Really nice edition, which I would definitely recommend :scat:

Glad to hear they've packed it well... then was my main concern when ordering. Did you pay for next day delivery by the way? I went for the free/cheapskate option. :p

Reactions: Scott
Yeah mate I picked the next day delivery. Really good service from dpd, emailed me to say it would arrive between 11.40-12.40 plus the name of the driver

I thought I would go for next day, just incase the packaging wasn't to good, there would be less chance of damage

Nice sturdy set to :)

i also ordered this yesterday really early and to australia not even payment taken yet or on its way whats going on seems a few are getting there orders asap within the uk,times like these when i wish i was still there,grrr

Yeah mate I picked the next day delivery. Really good service from dpd, emailed me to say it would arrive between 11.40-12.40 plus the name of the driver

I thought I would go for next day, just incase the packaging wasn't to good, there would be less chance of damage

Nice sturdy set to :)

DPD are excellent... love their tracking system. I've literally just had a despatch email for mine... it's being delivered by Yodel. :ohno:

Hopefully they packed all of these the same as yours. Can't wait to receive it!

Thanks for the info. :thumbs:

Reactions: Scott
Its not Sold out at Amazon.uk
Its
Item Under Review

This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page

Note

As soon as that complaint is sorted it will be back available direct from Amazon.UK

Quite tempted to go in for this one at that price, but does anyone have any more info on the above and what the issue has been with the set?

Quite tempted to go in for this one at that price, but does anyone have any more info on the above and what the issue has been with the set?

I received mines from zavvi today mate, everything is fine from what I can tell. In the picture in the OP, everything is included with mine so can't see what the problem could be
The edition is also numbered, which I didn't know previously

It could be this, according to 1 review (out of 9) on Amazon.co.uk one of the discs doesn't work correctly though it's hard to tell exactly what the poster means as the English used isn't great

I sent a message telling you that one of the discs did not work quite some time agon it looks as though the disc wasn't sealed properly or the disc has some sort of default it isn't a scratch or anything like that and considering I spent £90 on this to not have the decency to reply is very disappointing especially with the amount of money that I spend with your company so not happy at all

Whether this is correct I can't really say but I've not heard anything elsewhere about any problems except (and this is from info elsewhere) 2 films may have the wrong date apparently, To Catch A Thief has 1954 and should be 1955 and Shadow of a Doubt has 1942, and should be 1943.

I can't see Amazon pulling it for that though.