Iron Man 3 (3D) - In theaters May 3, 2013

How do you rate Iron Man 3 (5 is best, 1 worst)?

• 1-Horrible

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • 2-Bad but not worst I've seen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-Bearable, eh

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • 4-Pretty good!

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • 5-I loved it!

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Didn't see it yet

• Not interested in seeing it

• 1-Horrible

• 3-Bearable, eh

• 4-Pretty good!

• 5-I loved it!

• Didn't see it yet

• 1-Horrible

• 3-Bearable, eh

• 4-Pretty good!

• 5-I loved it!

• Didn't see it yet

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
From IMDB:
The plot is unknown at this time. Rumor has it Tony Stark/Iron Man will head to China to face his toughest opponent, Mandarin.
With: Robert Downey Jr., Guy Pearce, Cobie Smulders, Gwyneth Paltrow, Paul Bettany, Rebecca Hall, Ben Kingsley, Jon Favreau, Don Cheadle and more....

Trailer:
[media=youtube]5EjG-1U3wqA[/media]

Old infos:
im3q.png

Per Firstshowing:
Earlier this month we heard Lethal Weapon writer and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang director Shane Black was in contention to helm Iron Man 3, the next installment in the lucrative comic book sequel. While his directing the project was far from a sure thing at the time, apparently Marvel likes what Black is bringing to the table and Deadline reports the filmmaker is currently in final negotiations to direct the blockbuster sequel. Though initially it was said that Black would also write the script, apparently the details remains to be confirmed. But considering how well Black worked with Robert Downey Jr. in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, I have high hopes.

Of course, there's a bit of a concern since the only film in Black's filmography is the aforementioned dark noir comedy, but Jon Favreau hadn't directed any action tentpoles either before taking on Iron Man. There's still no news on when Iron Man 3 may start production, and a release date isn't being set prematurely either, so it's unclear how soon Black will begin working for Marvel. Right now he's working on Doc Savage for Sony and he was recently linked to an American adaptation of the Japanese manga series Death Note. Even with those projects in line, this will undoubtedly be Black's biggest project to date.
Older discussions:
- Favreau not directing Iron Man 3
- Jon Favreau Wants the Mandarin For Iron Man 3 Villain; Will the Film Be 3D?

Attachments

• robert-downey-jr-iron-man-3-teaser-trailer-poster.jpg
    robert-downey-jr-iron-man-3-teaser-trailer-poster.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 300
  • im3poster.jpg
    im3poster.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 1,089
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hussun
I saw it tonight. I was a bit disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high. :dunno: I think this is the weakest of the 3 films. Where were all the scenes from the trailer? :angry:

I'm glad everyone else is enjoying it though. I'll have to give it a second chance I suppose.

I agree likely the weakest

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

See iron man 1 twice and iron man 2 once

I saw it tonight. I was a bit disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high. :dunno: I think this is the weakest of the 3 films. Where were all the scenes from the trailer? :angry:

I'm glad everyone else is enjoying it though. I'll have to give it a second chance I suppose.

You though IM 2 was better than this?! EEK!

Iron Man 3 fell short of my expectations but then again expectations for this film were sky high after the Avengers. It was definitely better than the second film but not as good as the first one. I don't even see the point of 3D in this film :/.

LOL Ben Kingsley was the biggest joke ever! Didn't see that one coming. They made him seem like a bad ass in the trailers and in the beginning of the film... and then ... LOL.

Just worried about the path the Iron Man franchise is headed in. They kind of wrapped everything up in this film and made it seem like a conclusion to the trilogy :-(. I hope this isn't the last IM film with Robert Downy Jr.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drum18
You though IM 2 was better than this?! EEK!

Yeah I did not think this was anything special, certainly not better than IM1 about same level as IM2. I was not blown away by it

The thing I found most refreshing also annoyed me. While the enemy in this movie did not resort to a suit of Iron Manesque armor and rather used this extremis (which if I read about the comics correctly is really the basis for a nanite core suit for Tony that seeps from his body) experiment, I found it odd that every subject (who all appeared to be, because there was no real backstory on them, wounded army vets) all turned evil to promote the objectives of Alberdeen (Guy Pearce) who's goal was what other than he was scorned by Tony?

Things I also did not like:
Pepper Potts - Lets put her in a suit or run an experiment on her
The Boy - New Sidekick
Predictability that Rebecca Hall was not good
How much actual time does Tony spend in his Iron Man suit and never mind the fact that he has a building in NY that I assume would have an extra suit or two, instead he drives from Ten. to Fla. with a makeshift suit
Not one other Avenger came to help out, once, even for a cameo

Things I like:
RDJ continued to be his normal quick witted self
The fact that the main enemy was not in a suit of armor, very refreshing
Whe the guy puts down the gun and says "these people are kinda wierd for me"
Hulkbuster and Deepspace Suits :scat:
The end scene with all the suits of armor

Maybe it just did not live up to expectations after the Avengers, I dunno :dunno:

Iron Man 3 fell short of my expectations but then again expectations for this film were sky high after the Avengers. It was definitely better than the second film but not as good as the first one. I don't even see the point of 3D in this film :/.

LOL Ben Kingsley was the biggest joke ever! Didn't see that one coming. They made him seem like a bad ass in the trailers and in the beginning of the film... and then ... LOL.

Just worried about the path the Iron Man franchise is headed in. They kind of wrapped everything up in this film and made it seem like a conclusion to the trilogy :-(. I hope this isn't the last IM film with Robert Downy Jr.

I doubt it will be the last as there is avengers two. Also if you stayed to the very very end there was a spoiler that wraps the whole movie up. Basically he was telling the entire story to a sleeping Bruce Banner, presumably in NY, as a therapy session. And right after it says Tony Stark will return.

Though it does say Tony Stark and not Iron Man :ohno:

Though I don't see Tony being in a movie without a suit, or at least without him having Jarvis create one which then gets used. :thumbs:

Reactions: Ush
Getting dressed to see it now.Can't beleive so many people here don't really like it.Maybe because we are now comparing all movies to Avengers everything seems underwhelming.

I don't see what all the complaints were about this movie was great!I don't know what it was but something was different about this film from the other two(Besides the director). This movie,out of the other two, felt more alive but with less action.The action was more quality action than this is a superhero movie explosions deal with it.This movie replaces a whole lot of Action with emotion and that may be what's turning lots of fan away.Tony is no longer a playboy who does whole calenders of women.

The comedy was great in this movie.I disagree with some that said it has to much humor.This is RDJ, he is gonna be funny no matter what he says.Not much else can really be said until the rest of the Ninjas have seen the movie, but overall it was a 8/10 movie for me and a great way to start off phase two.

Also, how can they say Gwyneth Paltro is the most beautiful woman alive when she looks worse then 90 percent of the cast in the movie?I seen extra's that were hotter then her in this movie.IJS.

entertaining but the movie messed up Mandarin. Almost as bad as what Wolverine Origins did with Deadpool. If this movie was going to mish mosh characters I was at least hoping that a certain villain would transform into Fin Fang Foom due to the dragon tattoos and fire breathing.

There wasnt any really stand out scenes either - at least Iron Man 2 has some cool scenes with Whiplash and Black Widow fight scene. My favorite scene was when his house gets destroyed - more intense than the too-much-going-on-the-screen climax.

Basically this film is as good or as forgettable as the second one. First one was still the best.

Last edited:
I liked it ... still love 1 the best .... cant figure out if I place this one above or 2 or below yet. I'm not much a fan of 2 ... and I like all the suits so it might be for that alone I place this one higher.

I liked it but not worth seeing it a second time. I thought IM2 was better than this film with IM being best of all 3, imo. There was just something missing from this film to make me love it.

I felt there was too much lame humor thrown into the film and not enough of IM in suit kicking ass. I did like the last part of Pepper kicking some butt.

Last edited:
Well thats the point of IM3 was Tonys redemption as Tony Stark and how he needs to rely on himself and not on the suit for everything.

I was disappointed by this last film. I didn't completely dislike it, but it just didn't do justice to the villains.

I really disliked the way the handled the Mandarin. Towards the latter part of Iron Man comics he is just the guy funding terrorism, IM 3 basically said nope you are just a old bum. It's like Shane Black ripped a page out of Shyamalan "Ooh let's do a twist on the story".

Pepper in a suit? Completely diminishes the impact she has when and if they decide to give her RESCUE.

The movie lagged in many scenes and it just didn't do it for me.

I may watch it again just to give it a second chance, but Todd really summarized my feelings towards IM3. I don't think I've seen so many people walk out of the theater at an Iron Man movie before.

Last edited:
I was disappointed by this last film. I didn't completely dislike it, but it just didn't do justice to the villains.

I really disliked the way the handled the Mandarin. Towards the latter part of Iron Man comics he is just the guy funding terrorism, IM 3 basically said nope you are just a old bum. It's like Shane Black ripped a page out of Shyamalan "Ooh let's do a twist on the story".

Pepper in a suit? Completely diminishes the impact she has when and if they decide to give her RESCUE.

The movie lagged in many scenes and it just didn't do it for me.

I may watch it again just to give it a second chance, but Todd really summarized my feelings towards IM3. I don't think I've seen so many people walk out of the theater at an Iron Man movie before.

I know that Potts becomes a superhero too in the comics but her action stuff just seems awkward and weird in this movie. It's like Mary Jane Watson all of a sudden being some bad-ass. It would be one thing if she was sort of trained by Stark, but in the movie, any sort of reference to his suits and his superhero life turns her off.

Also sort of stupid of Stark to hand out his address when he's so concerned with Pepper's safety. His revenge thing would have been better had it been Pepper that got sent to the hospital earlier rather than be upset over the bodyguard in the hospital.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the film but not as much as the first. The villains were cool as they were harder to fight. The film was darker then the other two but still had that comedic factor and Iron man gets beat a lot more in this.

But it runs a little long and not much Iron Man as the new Iron Man suit was buggy through out the film so less flying.

This is the last Iron Man by the way but Iron man might be in avengers 2 and 3 as a deal is in the works to bring Robert Downey Jr back. But RDJ is about done playing Iron Man as he said. But Im sure if the Money is right he will be back for the 2 avengers films.

50 mill went into his pocket for Iron Man 3

I liked the film but not as much as the first. The villains were cool as they were harder to fight. The film was darker then the other two but still had that comedic factor and Iron man gets beat a lot more in this.

But it runs a little long and not much Iron Man as the new Iron Man suit was buggy through out the film so less flying.

This is the last Iron Man by the way but Iron man might be in avengers 2 and 3 as a deal is in the works to bring Robert Downey Jr back. But RDJ is about done playing Iron Man as he said. But Im sure if the Money is right he will be back for the 2 avengers films.

50 mill went into his pocket for Iron Man 3

We'll see.He says he plans to go until he is fifty and he will be over fifty by the time the Avengers two and three are released.I think he is just saying he won't be back as Ironman to troll us.With all the Money he is going to have thrown at him it would be almost as much as that rumor that Johnny Depp was going to get a 100 million dollars to do just one movie. Rdj will make out like crazy.

He will get paid and be in the Avengers and another ironman movie.If it ends the way that this movie ended then it would be very disappointing.

We'll see.He says he plans to go until he is fifty and he will be over fifty by the time the Avengers two and three are released.I think he is just saying he won't be back as Ironman to troll us.With all the Money he is going to have thrown at him it would be almost as much as that rumor that Johnny Depp was going to get a 100 million dollars to do just one movie. Rdj will make out like crazy.

He will get paid and be in the Avengers and another ironman movie.If it ends the way that this movie ended then it would be very disappointing.

Well. He is 48. The avengers 2 doesn't come out until may 1 2015. He will be 50 a month before the release