Play.com - SteelBook Retailer Thread [Europe]

play.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Play.com.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to specific countrys in Europe. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Packaging exemple: (tx to Acid)
View attachment 14139

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lgans316
Hi guys,
I have the g.I. Joes ES exclusive steelbook preordered but I have lost and cancelled the card that I used to preorder it. I have added a new card to my play account but when I try to change the payment method on the preorder it just takes me to a page with the usual "sorry we can not find the page you are looking for". Does anybody know why this is happening? I'm worried ES try to take payment which won't go through and I'll loose my copy of G.I. Joe.

Hi guys,
"sorry we can not find the page you are looking for". Does anybody know why this is happening? I'm worried ES try to take payment which won't go through and I'll loose my copy of G.I. Joe.

Happened to me with changing the delivery address...Check back later to see whether the details were updated.

Hi guys,
I have the g.I. Joes ES exclusive steelbook preordered but I have lost and cancelled the card that I used to preorder it. I have added a new card to my play account but when I try to change the payment method on the preorder it just takes me to a page with the usual "sorry we can not find the page you are looking for". Does anybody know why this is happening? I'm worried ES try to take payment which won't go through and I'll loose my copy of G.I. Joe.

The exact same thing happened to me. I called them and they were next to useless. So in the end and cancelled my order and waited a couple of minutes and the pre order was back up and I ordered with the new card. Risky but they said I had no other option.

Well after spending the afternoon yesterday emailing Play they still couldn't get it sorted. I was told that they would get it sorted for me tomorrow, however when checking my emails this morning I've received one from Entertainment Store saying my order has been cancelled because they did not receive payment :angry:

The whole thing was a crappy experience, Play will have to work hard before I ever use them or any of their traders again.

Ordered 3 steelbooks recently and only 1 arrived without any dents. :(

Really disappointing. Packaging was awful. I wrote them an email and send them a couple of pictures. The seller was from US so I'm afraid of delivering costs.

Does anyone know how this will probably work out? :wtf:

Packaging

i have to say that i think people who ship the steelbook's out have to take better care of them, how many times do we get steel's that have paint chips and have scratches down the spine and so on, I think in most cases the steel's are damaged before they even leave the warehouse and not so much when in the post, this goes to all retailers not just play.com

Paint chips are usually manufacture defects not poor shipping..however if it is dented that is due to poor shipping. They use flimsy box but somehow all my steelbooks get to me ok..so far

Looking to buy an item from Play.com that's available for pretty much the same price from TWO market traders.

Does anyone have any advice on which trader would would be best:

Speedyhen or Zoverstocks?

It's not a steelbook but I would still like decent packaging and a swift despatch!

Cheers guys.

Looking to buy an item from Play.com that's available for pretty much the same price from TWO market traders.

Does anyone have any advice on which trader would would be best:

Speedyhen or Zoverstocks?

It's not a steelbook but I would still like decent packaging and a swift despatch!

Cheers guys.

For non-steelbooks you are pretty safe with both those traders. They ship new stock and I've had no problems with DVD or Blu-rays from either.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
My question was answered by play customer services.

Last edited:
Care to share?
Have the same problem.

Dear Seller,

Thanks for your email.

Due to a recent review of our business operations we have made the decision to remove our standard seller accounts.

Of course, we would love to welcome you as a Merchant, where you will have the opportunity to take advantage of the following:
• Access to over 15 million customers
• Being part of a well established, trusted and fair Marketplace
• Access to our marketing tools which put you in control of promoting your products and your store
• Unlimited listings with no listing fees
• Ability to create your own private catalogue of products
• Competitive monthly fees
• Support from our e-Commerce Consultants to help you grow your business

More information on how to become a Merchant can be found at http://www.play.com/information/marketplace-sign-up.html. Alternatively, you can get in touch with our team by calling 0800 313 44 33 or by emailing [email protected].

Kind regards,

Kim
Customer Support Team
Rakuten's Play.com

:angry:

Reactions: surfury
LET THE BILE BE SPILT !!

Dear Seller,

Thanks for your email.

Due to a recent review of our business operations we have made the decision to remove our standard seller accounts.

Of course, we would love to welcome you as a Merchant, where you will have the opportunity to take advantage of the following:
• Access to over 15 million customers
• Being part of a well established, trusted and fair Marketplace
• Access to our marketing tools which put you in control of promoting your products and your store
• Unlimited listings with no listing fees
• Ability to create your own private catalogue of products
• Competitive monthly fees
• Support from our e-Commerce Consultants to help you grow your business

More information on how to become a Merchant can be found at http://www.play.com/information/marketplace-sign-up.html. Alternatively, you can get in touch with our team by calling 0800 313 44 33 or by emailing [email protected].

Kind regards,

Kim
Customer Support Team
Rakuten's Play.com

:angry:

I'm F****ng furious. I have just fired off an email to playtrade as to why my standard merchant account has still got the listings but they are not listed. I am NOT going to pay them extra (£20 a month) for the privilege of them still taking the same cut each time, and they further take p1$$ by not even having the courtesy of writing to me, and I presume others like me, to tell me what's going on.
I WILL BE SELLING ALL MY PLAY STEELBOOKS IN PROTEST I might even sell ALL my Steelbooks and get out of this if this is how "retailers" are going to treat ordinary folks. Watch the prices rocket now as they are held back.

Personally I don't see why Rakuten don't just shut up shop.

Please note I spent in excess of £35,000 with them buying the GB's when they did Steels and this is the thanks you get for it. I don't want to grow my business, I'm an ordinary bloke who just wants to sell a few Steels that's all.

RANT OVER !!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316
To be honest seeing the lack of response to my posting here on this I thought it was just me that missed the memo, but it looks like they didn't bother to inform people about this first then. Pretty shocking. They'll go under. Just looking in the steelbook section a lot of the prices have increased and buying choice options have taken a turn for the worst due to less competition. Serves them right.

To be honest seeing the lack of response to my posting here on this I thought it was just me that missed the memo, but it looks like they didn't bother to inform people about this first then. Pretty shocking. They'll go under. Just looking in the steelbook section a lot of the prices have increased and buying choice options have taken a turn for the worst due to less competition. Serves them right.

Just spoken to customer services, who couldn't help, will be escalated to playtrade on Monday. I have never had an email, so who else here never received an email ?? Please post or PM.

This is going higher and I will be copying into other forums, facebooks and twitter.

I'm sure I didn't, just the usual dotd emails. Anything with Playtrade in the title I don't overlook. I missed a weeks worth of potential sales before noticing my listing weren't advertised on the site. I bet loads of people don't realise their stuff's not up for sale because when you check your account everything looks normal.

IT GOES FROM BAD TO WORSE

Been speaking to a couple of folks from playtrade this morning very interesting it was. They apologised for not sending the email and naturally asked if I wanted to become a merchant. :hilarious: :hilarious: I was then told it would not be GBP19.99 per month as I thought but GBP43.50 per month (incl VAT) and they wanted 6 months in advance (GBP261.00) for merchants. Both agreed with me but obviously they are being taped so couldn't say anything but neither seemed to like the idea. This has come from their masters in Japan. If you are a Pro Trader btw you will be asked to come onboard as well so the your monthly rate will increase.

Personally I don't think a lot of Pro Traders will stay going to Amazon or back to eBay or Gumtree, and then it's just the corporates left who might as well sell through their own site. imo and I know they do far more than Steels etc, Play/Rakuten will be gone by Easter and both of the guys I spoke to had similar fears albeit that they couldn't voice it; I, for one, won't cry if they do. Oh and having sent my remaining funds they closed my account, nice or what.

This needs to go viral on Twitter, Facebook if you've got the connections I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: kron
£43.50 a month EEK! that's mental. I couldn't make £20 a month work, I would have to sell more than 40 items a month and I do no where near that, besides it was just a place for me to off load a few used blu-ray and the odd steelbook.
I used the funds to purchase stuff from Play as well, but no more. Not looking like a particularly good buisness plan at all is it.
I fired off an email to them asking why I was not informed. Waiting on the reply.

Omg I am livid! I only stumbled on here and noticed this update on us traders! It's no wonder I haven't sold anything recently! I have 65 items up there and it states they are listed and active but they aren't. I am so upset about this. What a waste of time and effort. I don't know why they have done this as they won't get as much commission through the fees anymore. :(

I never received notification either btw.