Play.com - SteelBook Retailer Thread [Europe]

play.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Play.com.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to specific countrys in Europe. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Packaging exemple: (tx to Acid)
View attachment 14139

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lgans316
I wish I had the opportunity to purchase steelbooks from Play.com. sadly I didn't start collecting in time, although I do have a few exclusives originally from there :D

I wish I had the opportunity to purchase steelbooks from Play.com. sadly I didn't start collecting in time, although I do have a few exclusives originally from there :D

Same here. Have one or two of theirs but missed out on some of the rare titles and don't like paying over the odds for them.

A shame Play.com is closing, even if it is now just a marketplace, but I am sure everyone saw it coming once Rakuten bought it.
Yeah, got the email from Play/Rakuten about the closure, although as in its Current state, I won't miss it, the way the website is run is awful and no effort was put in to correct bugs in the Play system. Trying to sort out returns was awful (as a Marketplace site), at least when Play were actually trading, in it's last year they sorted out the returns process to be the same as Amazons, which improved things dramatically.

I've ordered from Rakuten (they keep offering quite good deals) and it's just the exact same sellers from play, just a better well managed website.

But yes, I saw this coming ages ago, I'm surprised it actually took so long.

Hi,
Can any owners of Avengers Assemble Play.com release confirm what the plastic wrapping was like when they received it, I bought my copy on release and have left it sealed however mine seems to be a looser plastic that has glued flaps top and bottom, not the normal shrink wrap that comes with steelbooks nowadays.
Thanks in advance.