Spider-Man: Homecoming - In theaters July 7, 2017

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Spider-Man: Homecoming

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Jon Watts[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: Tom Holland, Robert Downey Jr. Marisa Tomei, Michael Keaton, Zendaya, Donald Glover and more...

Plot: Following the events of Capitain America: Civil War, Peter Parker attempts to balance his life in high school with his career as the web-slinging superhero Spider-Man. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
kY2c7wKgOfQjvbqe7yVzLTYkxJO.jpg
[/spoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from watching this.....Loved it. Nothing like the last 2 that were darker, this is way more fun and the very last line in the movie is epic!!!

Good to hear

Might pop round to my local tomorrow and watch it, not sure how long I can last and he's my favourite superhero up there with wolverine

I do like that we have had different styles though, as much as I love spidey 2 (Raimi) I do really love the 2 Garfield films and one of the selling points for me is the tone BUT this looks like how the original 3 should of been in terms of actor chosen, tone, comedy etc etc etc the comic book look. Whereas garfields were like a darker graphic novel look

Good to hear

Might pop round to my local tomorrow and watch it, not sure how long I can last and he's my favourite superhero up there with wolverine

I do like that we have had different styles though, as much as I love spidey 2 (Raimi) I do really love the 2 Garfield films and one of the selling points for me is the tone BUT this looks like how the original 3 should of been in terms of actor chosen, tone, comedy etc etc etc the comic book look. Whereas garfields were like a darker graphic novel look

I personally love the The Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2, Would've liked a 3rd.

Well @Flloydo and I have discussed this film before as both being Spidey fans. I wasn't sold on Holland at all in Civil War and honestly wasn't looking forward to this film, but I must admit it is ACE! Very well made, and with a nice story arc that brings it into the MCU that feels fresh. It reminded me of Nolans idea for Man of Steel "what if he came to a real world and how would we treat him" Spider-Man uses "what if a kid grows up in an Avengers New York" No need for spoiler brackets as its fairly obvious thats the way Marvel would go, and it really works well. Rest I won't spoil, I'm still not hugely sold on Holland, but hes MILES better than Mr Can't act and ruined the films Tobey" but definitely NOT as good as Garfield.

Here's what I posted in the "Rate the Movie You Recently Watched" thread:

So I watched Spider-Man: Homecoming last night and I thought that it was good. Michael Keaton was phenomenal in it and Tom Holland played a perfect Spider-Man AND Peter Parker (whereas Tobey was a better Peter than Spidey and Andrew was a better Spidey than Peter). The flaws come from the screenplay. Without giving away too many details, the story depended too much on the Iron Man and Avengers movies/characters, and that made it lose all the important aspects that make for a great Spider-Man film. The twist/reveal at the end made for quite the :facepalm: moment, too. That said, Homecoming easily had the BEST Marvel Studios opening logo.

I personally love the The Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2, Would've liked a 3rd.

I'll admit, I didn't care much for the ASM movies, but I did want an end to the story. It suffered the same fate as Raimi's films -- canned before given a proper ending. (n)