Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As others have reported Zavvi CS say they are aware of the problem and looking into it.... as mine is also dented I won’t be accepting a 15% refund.
B6076510-4F34-47EF-809F-86677333E510.png

Reactions: MrSquifler
"The situation with THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK steelbook has been resolved with the manufacturer and replacements have been ordered to replace all damaged copies. As a longtime valued customer we are sending you an advance copy of the new steelbook. Please find attached to this email the new steelbook image which we hope you will be happy with and as a gesture of goodwill I would ask you to please keep the damaged copy to dispose of as you see fit" ...

View attachment 480549

... is not the message I expect to be reading next week
But the message we all need and want :shipped:

Reactions: virkia
I see these are still be sold on eBay without any mention of damage or scratches.
Anyway would be a good idea to take the Jedi advice of patience, I wouldn't rush into accepting the 15% or the return, relax and give Zavvi a little time to see if they come up with a better solution over the next week to put this right, you have to remember Zavvi don't make these and will be waiting for others to get back to them about what can be done before they can officially do anything else.

Looks like somebody copied and pasted from 2 separate standard replies because they are definitely not in contact with their courier provider about this. Oops.
Yea, I haven't even received a response to my message after showing them pictures of my damaged steel and now I'm getting a separate email saying something has been dispatched. Seems like ti was probably an accidental email or something.

Reactions: Stygian
I see these are still be sold on eBay without any mention of damage or scratches.
Anyway would be a good idea to take the Jedi advice of patience, I wouldn't rush into accepting the 15% or the return, relax and give Zavvi a little time to see if they come up with a better solution over the next week to put this right, you have to remember Zavvi don't make these and will be waiting for others to get back to them about what can be done before they can officially do anything else.
Agreed.

My advice is to get in contact via Twitter, as they ask you to DM with your order details and the tenure of their response is that they will be providing EVERYONE with an update later this week or early next week.

If I were a betting man, I would say that they are raising this with the supplier and might well be arranging a free replacement programme (which I would guess the manufacturer would have to foot the bill for).

To those who buy a magnet, I advise you not to expose the steelbook because inkjet inks are sensitive to light and wash out very quickly.
Expose the magnet cover to direct sunlight when it's attached to the steelbook?

someone wanna save me some time and tag me with pics with the shrink wrap off.... (damage, surface scratches)

It's definite a manfacturing error as the scratch marks are under the gloss finish

Some might not even be aware of the damage as it's not as noticable until the shrink wrapping has been removed and steelbook tilted at an angle

I got delivery this morning
View attachment 480524View attachment 480525View attachment 480526

No point in asking for a replacement from existing stock as that very likely will have same issue
A replacement be only worth getting if disney get scanavo to manfacture a new batch of steelbooks

I have sent a message to Zavvi and await their reply
I expect at first their usual offer of a partial refund I will keep at zavvi until I get I get what I consider will be acceptable partial refund

I have on order 2 different empire strikes back magnets using Roger Kastel Concept poster artwork design
I will use these to cover the steelbook and use Zavvi parital refund to go towards the cost of the magnets
@Wreck

@Wreck

Images below all are from the same steelbook

The first photo at first glance it looks as all OK
FB_IMG_1596570398770.jpg

The scratch marks show up more obvious when Steelbook is tilted and will look even worse depending on light conditions.

The scratch marks cover from left to right its not as noticeable in the middle but is there

FB_IMG_1596570809361.jpg

FB_IMG_1596570821832.jpg

FB_IMG_1596570816324.jpg

FB_IMG_1596570801926.jpg

The scratch marks are beneath the gloss finish

The marks are relatively consistent, I'm convinced it's some worn feed mechanism that is used in production given they are horizontal across the front. How far in advance do they do these print runs, since I had these marks on Ep IV, it's not promising is it...