The Disney Collection (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusives) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
This thread is for the titles that have been released to date.

For a poll to share your thoughts on future releases (2015 and on) , please click here

Limited edition are limited to 4K-5K (except for The Jungle Book/Little Mermaid).

The Disney Collection link

Listing:
#35: Treasure Planet (February 8, 2016) - Buy
#??: The Princess and the Frog (October 12, 2015) - Buy
#34: Brother Bear (June 22nd, 2015) - Buy
#33: The Sword in the Stone (June 15th, 2015) - Buy
#32: The Emperor's New Groove (June 15th, 2015) - Buy
#31: Big Hero 6 (May 25th, 2015) - Buy
#30: Beauty and the Beast 3D+2D (December 15th, 2014) - Buy
#29: Tarzan (December 20th, 2014) - Buy
#28: Tangled 3D+2D (November 10th, 2014) - Buy
#27: Sleeping Beauty (December 8th, 2014) - Buy
#26: The Lion King (December 8th, 2014) - Buy
#25: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (December 15th, 2014) - Buy
#24: The Fox and The Hound (October 06th, 2014) - Buy
#23: Pocahontas (September 15th, 2014) - Buy
#22: The Rescuers (September 15th, 2014) - Buy
#21: The Aristocats (August 11th, 2014) - Buy
#20: The Hunchback of Notre Dame (August 11th, 2014) - Buy
#19: Mulan (July 21st, 2014) - Buy
#18: Hercules (July 7th, 2014) - Buy
#17: Pinocchio (July 7th, 2014) - Buy
#16: Robin Hood (June 4th, 2014) - Buy
#15: Mary Poppins (March 3rd, 2014) - Buy
#14: Cinderella (April 7th, 2014) - Buy
#13: Bambi (April 7th, 2014) - Buy
#12: Frozen (March 31st, 2014) - Buy
#11: Alice in Wonderland (May 30, 2014) - Buy
#10: 101 Dalmatians (March 10, 2014) - Buy
#09: Dumbo (February 17, 2014) - Buy
#08: Lady & the Tramp (February 17, 2014) - Buy
#07: Peter Pan (February 10, 2014) - Buy
#06: Fantasia (January 20, 2014) - Buy
#05: Planes (December 2, 2013) - Buy
#04: Wreck it Ralph (January 19th, 2014) - Buy
#03: The Little Mermaid (September 23rd, 2013) - Buy
#02: The Jungle Book (August 12, 2013) - Buy
#01: Aladdin (July 8th, 2013) - Buy

Not part of the official Zavvi's Disney Collection:

- Alice in Wonderland 3D+2D (February 22nd, 2016) - Buy
- Oz the Great and Poweful 3D+2D (May 4th, 2015) - Buy
- Frankenweenie 3D+2D (April 05th, 2015) - Buy
- Zootropolis 3D+2D (July 25th, 2016) - Buy
- Moana 3D+2D (April 3rd, 2017) - Buy

Disney Lenticular Steelbooks:

- The Rocketeer 3D+2D Lenticular (November 28th, 2016) - Buy
- Snow White Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Brave 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Toy Story 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Frozen 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Monsters, Inc 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- The Lion King 3D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Finding Nemo 3D+2D Lenticular (February 27th 2017) - Buy
- Wreck It Ralph 3D+2D Lenticular (March 6th, 2017) - Buy
- Tangled 3D+2D Lenticular (March 6th, 2017) - Buy
- Beauty and The Beast 3D+2D Lenticular (March 13th, 2017) - Buy
- Tron Legacy 2D Lenticular (March 20th, 2017) - Buy
- The Lone Ranger 2D Lenticular (March 27th, 2017) - Buy
- Fantasia Lenticular (April 10th, 2017) - Buy
- Big Hero 6 3D+2D Lenticular (April 17th, 2017) - Buy
- Lilo & Stitch Lenticular (April 17th, 2017) - Buy

- Avengers Assemble 3D+2D Lenticular (April 23rd, 2015) - Buy
- Captain America: The First Avenger 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Guardians of the Galaxy 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 2 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 3 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Thor 3D+2D Lenticular (December 14th, 2015) - Buy
- Thor: The Dark World 3D+2D Lenticular (December 14th, 2015) - Buy
- Hulk 2D Lenticular (October 10th, 2016) - Buy
- The Incredible Hulk 2D Lenticular (October 10th, 2016) - Buy
- Ant-Man 3D+2D Lenticular (October 24th, 2016) - Buy
- Avengers: Age of Ultron 3D+2D Lenticular (October 31st, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 2D Lenticular (November 7th, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 2 2D Lenticular (November 14th, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 3 2D Lenticular (November 21st, 2016) - Buy
- Captain America: Civil War 3D+2D Lenticular (October 16th, 2017) - Buy
- Doctor Stranger 3D+2D Lenticular (October 16th, 2017) - Buy

thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Disney are anti physical media and have been for a long time. They mainly only do DVD now unless they know the title can bring in serious money like say Star Wars but they are not even going to waste any time on a rare old title or even allowing it to be done by a vanity label. Name me one vanity label that has been licensed any Disney titles?. Criterion, Arrow, MOC, you name them?. No. Disney release the same titles over and over again. Any time a vanity label wants to do a Disney title they are refused and we either don't get the title or it limited to the Disney Club from an old transfer. Hands up here who would love to see a new deluxe master of say The Black Hole from Criterion or arrow?. Not going to happen..... I suspect the steelbooks we got from Zavvi were a specific deal which may or may not have run out. Any old classics we have been getting lately especially 4k are tied in with the Action versions being made. There are plenty of Disney films (classics) I would love to see get new treatments. I love my deluxe box sets of 20 Thousand Leagues under the Sea, Snow White, Mary poppins and a few others but they are all laserdiscs and they have never got that sort of deluxe treatment since. Look at the Toy Story laserdisc box set or even Beauty and the Beast laserdisc box set. The nearest I can think of today is the recent Wizard of Oz 4k box set or some of the recent Special vanity editions like Arrow's The Apartment or Indicators John Ford Collection. Disney have decided the streaming route is the way to go.......
Disney letting another label release their titles would be like someone selling one of their kids, it's nothing to do with them hating physical media. You obviously don't have a clue about the Disney brand for even thinking a vanity label could release a Disney title.

[QUOTEDisney letting another label release their titles would be like someone selling one of their kids, it's nothing to do with them hating physical media. You obviously don't have a clue about the Disney brand for even thinking a vanity label could release a Disney title.[/QUOTE]

I know a lot about the company. Other studios let vanity labels do special editions no problems. Disney aren't anything special. They are just a company like any other.

[QUOTESurprised A Christmas Carol directed by Robert Zemeckis never got a steelbook release. Loved that movie.][/QUOTE]

One I never saw. Heard of it but never saw it.

It's been four years since the last title in this series was announced... I accept defeat. I think it's even less likely we'll get those last few missing titles now that Disney+ is on the scene.

Reactions: dfoles
Ah, Disney steelbooks, those were the good old days when I wasn't anywhere near jaded about collecting steelbooks as I am now. The fire in the belly is gone. The tingle running down my leg is gone. All things must pass. All we are is dust in the wind.

There has been more Disney steelbooks this list just has not been updated

Zavvi just stopped listing the steelbook releases as a collection# that's all that changed and those collection numbers never matched the disney classic numbering
The Jcard had the classic number instead anyway
The collection# was never used with the steelbooks itself on the packaging so was really no need to continue list a collection# on zavvi website listings with the later steelbook releases

Other Disney animated classic films steelbooks since Moana
Ralph Breaks the Internet
Frozen II
Raya and the Last Dragon
Encanto

The next disney animated classic film is Strange World been released in cinemas in November 2022

Ah, Disney steelbooks, those were the good old days when I wasn't anywhere near jaded about collecting steelbooks as I am now. The fire in the belly is gone. The tingle running down my leg is gone. All things must pass. All we are is dust in the wind.
The adult diapers your gf is making you wear must be working! :D
the last man on earth diaper GIF by Fox TV

• Haha
Reactions: nafosb
It's been four years since the last title in this series was announced... I accept defeat. I think it's even less likely we'll get those last few missing titles now that Disney+ is on the scene.
I still wish we could have gotten The Black Cauldron and Oliver & Company before they put the axe to the line of releases. We were so close when they decided to release The Great Mouse Detective (another from Disney's dark days in the 80's)

• Friendly
Reactions: Stuc
Agree with Oliver & Company it deserves steelbook release, but i'm glad at least Basil and Robin Hood got it. These two cartoons are definitely one of my best and steelbook artworks are just top notch.

Yeah, for sure those ones. I'll throw Emperor's New Groove and Fox and the Hound in there too. I have a feeling those will be the only SB releases of those films (and a few other Disney Classics), unless Manta Lab with their new agreement decides to release some of the classics in a premium format.

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
I still wish we could have gotten The Black Cauldron and Oliver & Company before they put the axe to the line of releases. We were so close when they decided to release The Great Mouse Detective (another from Disney's dark days in the 80's)
Yeah such a shame

Zavvi had no plan with this, I know people are going to say "bu bu but it's not Zavvi's fault they don't make the rules" okay sure but why make a big thing over a "collection" and not have a consistent plan in place.

The slip cards, some had them a couple didn't

The spine numbers on the slip cards went through a few changes, some had them, a few didn't and during the collection they then changed the logo/font.

You had the Frozen release, an obvious world wide release steelbook they threw into the collection where it's so out of place because there's no title / spine title

The order of the films releases were all over the place, not the end of the world I know but it always left you guessing and at least if the collection cut off you'd know you at last have Film number 1 to 18 or something.

Some artwork had borders, some didn't

Like I said, it was all over the place and it's a shame because with a powerful line up which Disney have for these animated films, even the older forgotten about titles, they could have made a fantastic collection if everything was consistent and featured the same kind of layout/design.

Oh well.

Reactions: Stuc
Mate, zavvi literally have no control over this stuff, it's all disney. Scanavo make the steels (at Disney's request), ship to disney, disney pop the disc in and the jcard on, sealed them and ship them to zavvi to sell. That's it. Nothing else to it.

Mate, zavvi literally have no control over this stuff, it's all disney. Scanavo make the steels (at Disney's request), ship to disney, disney pop the disc in and the jcard on, sealed them and ship them to zavvi to sell. That's it. Nothing else to it.
Then don’t announce a “Collection” make a big deal over it, then have no idea what’s going on and suffer from poor planning

They had plenty control over how to market this and this stuff doesn’t just appear on the fly, there would have been a bit of back and forth before things were announced.

They don’t make the steels but they did market it poorly

Zavvi aren’t 100% innocent

Then don’t announce a “Collection” make a big deal over it, then have no idea what’s going on and suffer from poor planning

They had plenty control over how to market this and this stuff doesn’t just appear on the fly, there would have been a bit of back and forth before things were announced.

There's no innocent or guilty... lol it's just a bunch of steelbooks. Disney chose to stop making them, and that's that. Zavvi had no control over that. Just like Disney chose what to print on the jcards, i.e the "collection" numbers. Zavvi market what they are given, they don't call the shots.

There's no guarantee any collection of anything will ever be completed, or even match. Especially steelbooks.

Fast and Furious (UK) - 1-6 with numbers on the spine the rest without.
Jurassic Park/World (UK) - some with background art, some all black, Dominion totally different (unless you buy the box set).
The Matrix - 1-3 black/blue, 4 white (unless you buy the box set).

Many steelbook releases for part 1 (or more), with no (or not enough) sequel steelbooks...

Psycho
Agents of SHIELD
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Hellraiser
Robocop
Star Wars: Rebels
Star Trek: Lower Decks

So on and so forth.

Reactions: RyanD
There's no innocent or guilty... lol it's just a bunch of steelbooks. Disney chose to stop making them, and that's that. Zavvi had no control over that. Just like Disney chose what to print on the jcards, i.e the "collection" numbers. Zavvi market what they are given, they don't call the shots.
Exactly and as for the numbers on the spine. Around 2014/15 Dinsey rebranded their classics line logo hence the change on the steelbook j-cards. Completely out of Zavvi's hands. Is it annoying? Yes! But that's all part of the collection process I guess.

Reactions: RyanD