What was your last streamed or downloaded title?

JP-this is getting VERY SCARY-too many coincidences with our postings, LOL-I tried to stream the Resident the other night, at two different times, and on two different systems (Roku and PS3). And I couldn't get it to go. I confess, I am a HUGE Hillary Swank fan-just love her work-which is why I wanted to see it. I am going to try again, as she Exec produced that, and it's an immense departure for her (another reason I was excited!).

Hahaha --- Stop following me!!! :)

Since you're a Hilary Swank fan, and in case you didn't notice... "Insomnia" is on NF Instant too. I watched 90% of it with my wife yesterday, but our daughter woke up from her nap just as the ending was starting. Damn punk. ;)

Insomnia is really good, much better then I remember it being (saw it on DVD way back when it first came out). Hopefully the ending is solid.

ADDED:

FYI -- The Resident is definitely worth trying to get to work. Very solidly done... especially for a movie I've never heard of.

Last edited:
Hey JP-LOL:)

Yes, I think I saw Insomnia at the theater eons ago. Interesting flick, especially with the aspects of sleep deprivation, etc etc (and I can't wait to visit Alaska for wildlife). Robin Williams also had an interesting twist in regards to his usual roles...

Two cool movies I just watched on NF Instant:

* Dial M For Murder -- Hitchcock movie... very fun movie about a husband who blackmails someone to kill his wife. It's in 4x3, but it's supposed to be.

* 13 Assassins -- A remake of a 1960's movie of the same name, I think. But really, think of it as a remake of 7 Samurai and you'd be right on the money. Definitely worth a watch.

Continuing my journey in Battlestar Galactica...

This is getting ridiculous... just started watching Battlestar Galactica myself, as a way to fill-in for when my wife falls asleep after one episode of Mad Men. I kept going on to watch 2 or 3 more and she was getting mad at me. ;)

I tried to get into BG thru NF disc rentals back when HD-DVD was still around. But it never really pulled me in. Hopefully I like it better this time around. It'll be a lot more convenient to stream it, that's for sure.

LOL-me, too JP-I have Season 1 on HD DVD. I couldn't get into it, but then I really started liking it mid Season 2. It's not the "typical" 'space' or 'sci-fi' show and overall, the pace is slower. Looking forward to checking out Season 3:scat:

'Deadly Women' Investigative series about female killers. Looking forward to streaming 'Supernatural' when it's available in '12!

Last edited: