[Winner Chosen] Lily Munster statue -HDN Halloween Fest 2-Oct 2016-Horror villains and remakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
COLOR.png

retro.jpg

Hello Ninjas!

We are excited to team up once more with the awesome folks at Retro Collectibles in the UK!

They are sponsoring a giveaway for this awesome Lily Munster figure, just in time for our upcoming Halloween Fest 2. Halloween Fest 2 will be held throughout October with some cool giveaways like signed Blu-rays and more. Please keep an eye out on the front news page at hidefninja.com for more info on goodies you can win.

Until October 31 you will have the chance to win this cool prize from

https://www.retroandcollectables.co.uk/ Please visit them to check out their full selection of collectibles. You can also follow them at @geekandretro on Twitter to support their shop.​

Prize Info:

11.5 inches tall, valued at £219​

https://www.retroandcollectables.co.uk/lily-munster-statue

munsters.jpeg

To enter:

Share your favorite 3 horror villains (pics and comments are cool), or what horror remakes were horrible and which were enjoyable for you!

Lily Munster Statue

"Herman, I'm so sorry. I never should have blamed you for doing anything wrong, pussycat. I'll never mistrust you again, in all my lives.

Sensational maquette of the lovely matriarch from The Munsters.

1:6 scale limited edition statue measures 11 1/2-inches tall.

Bearing a flame for her odd but loveable family, Lily Munster keeps everyday life in order at 1313 Mockingbird Lane in the 1960s TV series The Munsters.

She can do the same for you in your humble abode should you acquire this extraordinary cold-cast porcelain The Munsters Lily Munster Maquette Statue.

The second release in a series of deluxe limited edition maquettes, Lily stands 11 1/2-inches tall in 1:6 scale.

halloweenfest-socialmedia.png

247-horror-728banner.png

@bigrob @tridon @cooey @Sigill @Noodles @apsmith21 @Wreck

Villain 1: Michael Myers from Halloween.
halloween_1978_still.jpg

Villain 2: Ghostface from Scream.
latest

Villain 3: Sam from Trick R'Treat.
trick-r-treat-sam.jpg

As for the remake, the first one that comes to mind is Evil Dead (2013), which was a fantastic remake in my mind. Might even go so far as to say I enjoyed it more than the original. Those last 10 minutes or so are intense!

Reactions: digitalbabe
Very cool giveaway! Thanks for making it possible R&C and HDN. :)

Good luck to all who enter! :thumbs:

Awesome giveaway! Thank you HDN and especially Retro Collectibles for sponsoring this beautiful price :drool:

Top 3 Horror villains:

1. Mike | 2. Freddy | 3. Leatherface
903119_1282846911775.61res_304_213.jpg
-freddy-krueger-32784006-260-194.jpg
LeatherFace.jpg

To make it difficult I should try to name 4.-6. since these three guys are unbeatable in classic, culture and style.

Top 3 Monster Horror villains:

1. Dracula/Vampires | 2. Wolfman/Werewolf | 3. Frankenstein
swf-Dracula-Bela-Lugosi-300x200.jpg
wolflondon4.jpg
BRIDE-OF-FRANKENSTEIN.jpg

My heart is with the monsters. I love everything monsters. Especially everything Dracula & Vampire. So they earned a extra top 3 :D

For the remakes I would say the best remakes to me are:
"The Hills Have Eyes" 2006
"Evil Dead" 2013
"Dawn of the Dead" 2004
"Let me in" 2008

And theres plenty of horrible remakes, the most recent one is
"Poltergeist" 2015 :facepalm:

Characters:
latest
v1.aDsxOTYyO2o7MTcxMDA7MTIwMDs0NjM7NzAw
Freddy_Krueger.JPG

Freddy and Jason i have loved sense i was a kid. Capt. Spaulding is new to the list :) I just looove Rob Zombie´s movies :thumbs::cool::thumbs:

Movies remakes:

Good: Evil Dead, I spit on your grave, Hills have eyes, Halloween, Dawn of the dead.............

Bad: The Thing, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on elm street, Psycho.............

Thanks for this awesome giveaway :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::cool:

What a wondeful give away. Superb!

My favorites are:

1. Pinhead

latest

2. Cronenberg's The Fly (not really a villain but the design it too good for not mentioning)
The-Fly.jpg

3. Freddy Krüger
1768.jpg

Best Remakes? Not a lot to speak about when counting the newer ones. Maybe Evil Dead. But a lot of them when looking into the remakes from movies from the 50s. The Blob, The Fly, The Thing.
Worst Remakes. The most of newer ones. Psycho, Poltergeist, Haunting, A nightmare on Elm Street...

Last edited:
This is awesome, thanks for the giveaway, and oh how I used to have the biggest crush on Lily Munster.

Anyway, I'm going a little different with my first choice of favourite villain as it is not a breathing villain so to speak.

Number 1: Christine (I'm sorry, I love this film, its music, the car, the story. It is the perfect film for me)
christine34.png

Number 2: Freddy
Freddy.jpg

Number 3: Micheal Myers
MichaelMyers.jpg

Awesome giveaway!
Top 3 horror villains:
1) "It" from It Follows
2) Freddy Krueger
3) The villain from The Ring!

Awesome Giveaway

Top 3 Horror villains:

1. Michael Myers | 2. Leatherface | 3. Captain Spaulding
latest
20-horror-villains-leatherface-texas-chainsaw-massacre.w529.h529.jpg
img-thing

Best Remeakes:
I spit on your Grave
Evil Dead
Halloween 1 (Rob Zombie)

Villains, let's keep it simple!
View media item 22818
Best remakes:
1. John Carpenter's - The Thing
2. David Cronengerg's - The Fly
3. I Spit on Your Grave (2010)

Worst remakes: (let's face it, vast majority of them are horrible!)
1. Dawn of the Dead (2004) - "Slow Zombies Rule, Fast Zombies Suck"
2. The Thing (2011)
3. The Fog (2005)

Just asking...as this isn't a steelbook, what's it doing in the steelbook section?
Sure, we often post sponsored giveaways in high visibility forums to give max opportunity to members, to enter giveaways. Thanks!

Bump for new ninjas!

Last edited:
Wow, I love The Munsters. I regularly dress up as Lily Munster when I go to Comic Cons!

It's really hard to choose just three, but I think my favourite horror villains have to be;
1) Dracula
2) Freddie Krueger
3) Norman Bates

There are so many others, I'll probably change my mind soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.