Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 562
Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I got this, but will they wait and try again later (daily as Amazon for example do),
and if they do try for how long (days, minutes?), or they will cancel the order,
and if they do cancel when (after how long or tries)?

OH, I saw that while I was writing, you've edited your post and added the last line
"If you ignore email they will cancel order 24-48 hours after sending email"

Thanks!

OK, I got this, but will they wait and try again later (daily as Amazon for example do),
and if they do try for how long (days, minutes?), or they will cancel the order,
and if they do cancel when (after how long or tries)?
Zavvi will send email only once
If you don't update payment method 24-48 hours after getting email your order will be cancelled

Reactions: Felix_ro
Zavvi's utterly abysmal customer service strikes again! I ordered their exclusive Warriors print by Sam Gilbey last Thursday with next day delivery, so it was dispatched the same day with delivery obviously planned for Friday (the following day). But it never turned up, and the DHL tracking number wasn't updated either, so I contacted them about it and was told they'd look into it -- this was after they eventually managed to figure out what order I was actually querying by the way... they originally responded by yapping on about an item I'd never even heard of, let alone ordered!? As is often the case with them, I reckon I must've been passed around every incompetent in their office, getting a different response each time... one even told me that items can take between 3-5 days to arrive, completely ignoring the fact that it had already been 5 days (now a full week) AND I'd ordered with next day delivery. They're sending me around in circles anyway, and it's p*****g me off, so I felt like venting my frustration here. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Felix_ro
@Noodles, I have to admit, you were very constrained expressing your frustration, to the point of admiration!
I think I would had been used stronger words to describe their so called “customers support” that only know to copy paste some default/already-written text to anything you’ll say, ignoring almost entirely the fact that we just said EXACTLY THE SAME THING and furthermore the reason that made us write to them IS EXACTLY what they say is “helpful”.

For example, my above “issue with payment” they didn’t had the decency to wait not even 24 hours for me to reach the bank and put some more money (which I did next morning), and never updated the status leaving it as “will be delivered on xx/yy” and when I’ve contacted them after about 3-4 days, they replied with the “standard text” that will be shortly dispatched and with me, and after two more days and several other go-forth messaging, they finally canceled the order; well, then I’ve told them

========================================================
... this “ugly-low-level” of a “work” was not done by your supplier, it was ALL JUST YOU ZAVVI, with all your “super nice” kind of caring for customers that place an order, and not even have the FAIRNESS and DECENCY to wait for FEW HOURS to fix a small “payment issue”.

Your MONEY FIRST centric behavior/culture I could see it first hand enough times and is shown in EVERYTHING YOU DO, including in hopelessly responses here on so called “customers support”,

"Marvelous" purchasing experience! Never happened on ANY other online-store!

Keep it up the "good work"!

And then, today I’ve asked them why my preorder was not shipped as I’ve asked and paid for, with tracking, and they again responded with the “standard text” that “the item will be with me shortly“, and just after insisting with

Actually all you said here is not just not helpful,
but is also EXACTLY what I could see myself
on the Dispatch Confirmation e-mail and on
the web-account, and then told you
in the initial request here!

If you would want to be helpful,
you would find the reason for which
this was shipped out without tracking,
and ENSURE that the next ones
(I have SEVERAL preorders)
will go as requested, WITH tracking!

Please Zavvi Team at least TRY to be helpful
and TRY to find a solution BEFORE you reply
with pre-made response phrases;
doing so show you consider us as fools
and maybe stupids even (and that's
coming from a Romanian guy!!!!)!

In short, please ENSURE the remainder
of my preorders come WITH tracking
as I was asked on order and paying for!

they said will refund the shipping cost...
Like THAT would make it OK, when I prefer to pay more to ensure that I got the items that become so fast “sold out” that they never make any replacement!!!

And yes, surely, happened several times to not get some SteelBooks from them, because their shipping label printed on the Steelbook was not containing an important part, the destination town, although was for sure entered by me at the address, and a T-shirt for example had the full address printed, correctly.

Therefore I would say that calling them “monkeys” and other names, is a direct and bad insult to the monkeys and to those names!

What I don’t really understand is WHY (oh, why) there’s nobody (or a group of several people) in the “more advanced and civilized world” (yes, I’m talking about all of you there in UK, Germany, France, etc.) that actually star doing something about this crappy “service” because I’m pretty sure there are several rules, regulations and laws that could help all of us!
Or are you afraid this will made some wrong/bad repercussions?
A common lawsuit could also prevent anything like this, including Zavvi to not sell SteelBooks anymore!

Or this thread is just for us complaining and venting frustration in vain?!?!

@Noodles, I have to admit, you were very constrained expressing your frustration, to the point of admiration!
I think I would had been used stronger words to describe their so called “customers support” that only know to copy paste some default/already-written text to anything you’ll say, ignoring almost entirely the fact that we just said EXACTLY THE SAME THING and furthermore the reason that made us write to them IS EXACTLY what they say is “helpful”.

For example, my above “issue with payment” they didn’t had the decency to wait not even 24 hours for me to reach the bank and put some more money (which I did next morning), and never updated the status leaving it as “will be delivered on xx/yy” and when I’ve contacted them after about 3-4 days, they replied with the “standard text” that will be shortly dispatched and with me, and after two more days and several other go-forth messaging, they finally canceled the order; well, then I’ve told them

... this “ugly-low-level” of a “work” was not done by your supplier, it was ALL JUST YOU ZAVVI, with all your “super nice” kind of caring for customers that place an order, and not even have the FAIRNESS and DECENCY to wait for FEW HOURS to fix a small “payment issue”.

Your MONEY FIRST centric behavior/culture I could see it first hand enough times and is shown in EVERYTHING YOU DO, including in hopelessly responses here on so called “customers support”,

"Marvelous" purchasing experience! Never happened on ANY other online-store!
Keep it up the "good work"!

And then, today I’ve asked them why my preorder was not shipped as I’ve asked and paid for, with tracking, and they again responded with the “standard text” that “the item will be with me shortly“, and just after insisting with

Actually all you said here is not just not helpful,
but is also EXACTLY what I could see myself
on the Dispatch Confirmation e-mail and on
the web-account, and then told you
in the initial request here!

If you would want to be helpful,
you would find the reason for which
this was shipped out without tracking,
and ENSURE that the next ones
(I have SEVERAL preorders)
will go as requested, WITH tracking!

Please Zavvi Team at least TRY to be helpful
and TRY to find a solution BEFORE you reply
with pre-made response phrases;
doing so show you consider us as fools
and maybe stupids even (and that's
coming from a Romanian guy!!!!)!

In short, please ENSURE the remainder
of my preorders come WITH tracking
as I was asked on order and paying for!

they said will refund the shipping cost...
Like THAT would make it OK, when I prefer to pay more to ensure that I got the items that become so fast “sold out” that they never make any replacement!!!

And yes, surely, happened several times to not get some SteelBooks from them, because their shipping label printed on the Steelbook was not containing an important part, the destination town, although was for sure entered by me at the address, and a T-shirt for example had the full address printed, correctly.

Therefore I would say that calling them “monkeys” and other names, is a direct and bad insult to the monkeys and to those names!

What I don’t really understand is WHY (oh, why) there’s nobody (or a group of several people) in the “more advanced and civilized world” (yes, I’m talking about all of you there in UK, Germany, France, etc.) that actually star doing something about this crappy “service” because I’m pretty sure there are several rules, regulations and laws that could help all of us!
Or are you afraid this will made some wrong/bad repercussions?
A common lawsuit could also prevent anything like this, including Zavvi to not sell SteelBooks anymore!

Or this thread is just for us complaining and venting frustration in vain?!?!
I'm pretty much used to them treating their customers like this now to be honest dude, so it comes as no surprise to me any more... plus my lifetime expectancy would no doubt be dramatically shortened if I got angry every time they screwed me over, which has been a lot of the years!

I try to be polite and keep my cool with them for as long as possible, which seems to help sometimes and gets things moving quicker. But in most cases there's just no getting through to them... they constantly brush customers off with their copy & paste responses (like you mentioned), which I'm sure they only do to stall the situation and further frustrate us. It also doesn't help that they pass you from one monkey to the next, rather than allowing you to do deal with the same person until the matter has been dealt with, so you're forever having to re-explain everything.

As for any "laws" they may be breaking... it's been discussed a few times on here with people arguing both sides (for or against). Technically I don't think they're actually doing anything legally wrong, but they just clearly have no respect for their customers and treat them like s***, no matter how loyal they've been to them over the years. Most companies are like that though... all they care about is your money. Although, that being said... I've never come across anyone with customer service nearly as bad as Zavvi's!

Hi
Can anyone confirm if zavvi are still only charging for preorder items when they are are despatched or have they gone like amazon and charging for preorders 5 days after ordering

Hi
Can anyone confirm if zavvi are still only charging for preorder items when they are are despatched or have they gone like amazon and charging for preorders 5 days after ordering
Zavvi only take payment for pre orders when dispatching

Amazon also only take payment when dispatching
Previous instances of amazon taking payment 5 days after ordering with a small number of affected customers that was was a error that affected those customers accounts
Amazon fixed this error last month

• Helpful Post
Reactions: snow flake

That is correct, I have never had any money taken out of my account until dispatch. If I did I would soon flag it up to zavvi and the reason I don't like anyone taking money out of my account before the item is dispatched is simple. In the unlikely event the company should go bust I'm out of pocket.

Amazon also only take payment when dispatching
Previous instances of amazon taking payment 5 days after ordering with a small number of affected customers that was was a error that affected those customers accounts
Amazon fixed this error last month

Thanks for response much appreciated and for the heads up regarding amazon. I’ll now still some preorders in
Thanks

Maybe they'll improve packaging too

Their packaging is far from ideal but better than Amazon's. The only decent packaging I get from Amazon is when shipping within the US from amazon.com , but when it's international, it's very poor and insufficient.

Their packaging is far from ideal but better than Amazon's. The only decent packaging I get from Amazon is when shipping within the US from amazon.com , but when it's international, it's very poor and insufficient.

I will agree on that! Just returned my Shazam steelbook yesterday due to it coming in a banana shape, shocking.