Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 557
Last edited by a moderator:
Just tested by adding to basket not that I was planning on subscribing :LOL:
Confirmed Red Carpet is UK only
Sorry, we are unable to send these items to your chosen delivery address. Please remove the items from your basket.

You can only subscribe to Red Carpet if you are based in UK

Reactions: Felix_ro
According to the email zavvi sent everyone for this Red Carpet treatment, free delivery on steelbooks would no longer apply after 6pm tonight, well, that's rubbish as whilst logged out, steelbooks still have the same Free UK Delivery - Steelbooks apply to orders. Well done zavvi.

According to the email zavvi sent everyone for this Red Carpet treatment, free delivery on steelbooks would no longer apply after 6pm tonight, well, that's rubbish as whilst logged out, steelbooks still have the same Free UK Delivery - Steelbooks apply to orders. Well done zavvi.

Shhhh!

Just share the link here, then we can all use the code!!!!!

Just like usual! :LOL::rofl::rofl:

It says 10% off in stock steelbooks. I don't think it's going to work for pre-orders but who knows yet.
I wonder if the welcome code will still work for those outside the UK.
But if free shipping to Canada has now ended then it might not matter anymore. Without free shipping, the shipping cost to Canada was $7.00 for a steelbook according to the discount line. I've never had to pay for shipping.

All this just before they advertised that nice looking Infinity War lenti steelbook too. That's the best looking of their lentis yet.

Red Carpet subscribers are getting early access to pre orders

Maleficent 4K steelbook is live to order already if you have a red carpet subscription

This early access to pre orders will be a issue when it comes to high demand Marvel and other very limited steelbook releases where print run is less than usual amount
Some of these could very easily end up sold out before goes live for non red carpet subscribers especially if scalpers have signed up for red carpet subscription

Example look how quickly Iron Man/Thor 4K steelbooks sold out
Similar releases like these likely would be sold out before going officially live for non red carpet subscribers

Red Carpet subscribers are getting early access to pre orders

Maleficent 4K steelbook is live to order already if you have a red carpet subscription

This early access to pre orders will be a issue when it comes to high demand Marvel and other very limited steelbook releases where print run is less than usual amount
Some of these could very easily end up sold out before goes live for non red carpet subscribers especially if scalpers have signed up for red carpet subscription

Example look how quickly Iron Man/Thor 4K steelbooks sold out
Similar releases like these likely would be sold out before going officially live for non red carpet subscribers
I'm interested to see if Disney actually allow this. Maleficent is a catalogue title, is it likely they'll let new releases go live before the cinema release date?

I'm interested to see if Disney actually allow this. Maleficent is a catalogue title, is it likely they'll let new releases go live before the cinema release date?
I think I just figured out what the Global Release Date exclusion clause means on the Red Carpet T&C's. It is very likely to mean that NEW release steelbooks, ie the ones zavvi put up on the same date as cinema releases are not included with the early access, so upcoming releases say Star Wars Rise of Skywalker will go live for everybody at the same time, but your bog standard catalogue or re-release titles may go live early for Red Carpet members.....

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
Always forget about this retailer thread

I was wondering about new releases too and I think you might be right @Mr Y Fronts
Sounds about right anyway.

So does this 20% code for collectibles work on vinyl? The buy now listings?

I’m really not feeling this discrimination against steelbook collectors. I’ve had some Shiity customer service emails from them today regarding this and it seems like they have just targeted steelbook collectors. Most of these scams I mean perks are around steel collectors. Get early access etc and now since maleficent has gone live twice for RC and general public it looks that you will no longer be able to use this WELCOME346 code when it goes live to the general public

I suppose time will tell when they put up a release the night it hits the cinema in the U.K. and like @Mr Y Fronts has said will it go up for everyone on releases like that Or will they allow only RC members to order at midnight and the 12pm or 6pm the next day for general public

It’s does make me laugh that free shipping is still activated though, at least it is when I just checked

So for those that haven’t been in the current infinity war re release thread, here’s a clip of what was said to me this morning by what I consider one of the worst customer service emails I’ve revceived from them and from anyone

If you are concerned about missing out on items you would like to order and the delivery costs that have now been added to exclusive Steelbooks, then we would strongly recommend that you review the decision you have made about the service.

The Red Carpet is here to stay.

If you are ever unsure about this service and have any further questions about the features, please get in touch and we will be more than happy to assist.

But yeah if anyone could let me know if the 20% RC code works on buy now vinyl records I’d be greatly appreciative (as they are considered collectibles on the site)

But yeah if anyone could let me know if the 20% RC code works on buy now vinyl records I’d be greatly appreciative (as they are considered collectibles on the site)
Code is restricted to certain items, I'll try posting the link but I'm not sure if you'll be able to access it without RC membership. There are some vinyl in there but it looks like most are already in a 20% off vinyl sale with a different code (n) .

Tried code for you just in case and couldn't get it to work on in stock items.

Reactions: Flloydo
Code is restricted to certain items, I'll try posting the link but I'm not sure if you'll be able to access it without RC membership. There are some vinyl in there but it looks like most are already in a 20% off vinyl sale with a different code (n) .

Tried code for you just in case and couldn't get it to work on in stock items.

Ah I didn’t realise they had 20% off some vinyl. Trust it to not be on the one I want lol. Looks like the one I want is the only one not in the 20% off section except pre orders

Was that the link you posted? It just goes to the RC page so yeah inaccessible if your not a member

Cheers for trying though

Reactions: hoppusdelonge
Ah I didn’t realise they had 20% off some vinyl. Trust it to not be on the one I want lol. Looks like the one I want is the only one not in the 20% off section except pre orders

Was that the link you posted? It just goes to the RC page so yeah inaccessible if your not a member

Cheers for trying though

Yeah it is, thought I'd try to see if people could access the page but not use code.

Reactions: Flloydo
Not sure if been posted or not but red carpet members on zavvi can now have early access to this mystery box including new art for this steelbook whatever it turns out to be