Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 556
Last edited by a moderator:
So, after 01 January 2021, if someone residing in Europe will purchase from Zavvi's websites from countries in Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands and Spain), will going to pay more too, or only when purchasing from Zavvi's UK/US/AU stores?
All retailers based outside EU shipping goods to a address based in EU
Will have to apply vat at checkout

Zavvi is a UK retailer based in Guernsey
You are ordering from Zavvi UK no matter which zavvi website you use

UK has left EU and from January 1st 2021 EU rules no longer apply to UK retailers
As in they will be retailers based outside EU

All retailers based outside EU shipping goods to a address based in EU
Will have to apply vat at checkout

Zavvi is a UK retailer based in Guernsey
You are ordering from Zavvi UK no matter which zavvi website you use

UK has left EU and from January 1st 2021 EU rules no longer apply to UK retailers
As in they will be retailers based outside EU
So this "translates" to MORE EXPENSIVE SteelBooks for us EU citizens, when purchased from Zavvi!
That's friggin' great! :angry: :grumpy::censored:
Like it was not already more expensive than for the UK citizens, which gets: free shipping, Red Carpet, etc. :banghead: (n)

I confirm that issue with log in is fixed ... I can now see all my orders on Zavvi UK and also French orders on Zavvi UK.

I thought many orders had disappeared but it's still here.

Now, I don't know if we can cancel some orders .... will it works fine or not ???!!!

I confirm that issue with log in is fixed ... I can now see all my orders on Zavvi UK and also French orders on Zavvi UK.

I thought many orders had disappeared but it's still here.

Now, I don't know if we can cancel some orders .... will it works fine or not ???!!!
I for one, had 2 orders that I wanted canceled, and I can see them both canceled on Zavvi's website, but received confirmation of canceling just for one. So it partially works, I would say... hope I'll not be charged in the end for both...

I for one, had 2 orders that I wanted canceled, and I can see them both canceled on Zavvi's website, but received confirmation of canceling just for one. So it partially works, I would say... hope I'll not be charged in the end for both...

if you are charged for order cancelled, contact zavvi .....

the log in issue is not quiet fix for everyone ... a friend still can not see his orders .... i think Zavvi make a big step forward to solve the issue, but it's not 100% fixed.

Hey everyone, got one question to you all:
- does Zavvi started to ship Steelbooks in bubbled envelopes instead of the white cardboard boxes that they used till now?

I just got the second one with this kind of packaging, the Star Wars Episode 1, and this one have a dent on the back, and I can't believe is NOT because of this packaging.

- does Zavvi started to ship Steelbooks in bubbled envelopes instead of the white cardboard boxes that they used till now?

I just got the second one with this kind of packaging, the Star Wars Episode 1, and this one have a dent on the back, and I can't believe is NOT because of this packaging.

It seems that it was a temporary workaround at least; I got one double bagged but the next one that shipped mid this month was in the normal box.

Reactions: Felix_ro

Zavvi had temporary run out of the white boxes when it was time to ship Episode 1 steelbook

The following week they had the white boxes again so steelbooks the following week was not affected.

Zavvi run out of the white boxes on occasions it has happened before usually no more than once or twice a year and don't last for long period of time.

Zavvi had temporary run out of the white boxes when it was time to ship Episode 1 steelbook

The following week they had the white boxes again so steelbooks the following week was not affected.

Zavvi run out of the white boxes on occasions it has happened before usually no more than once or twice a year and don't last for long period of time.
It may be, but I got at least two SteelBooks in this kind of package, with at least two (2) or even three (3) weeks in between, the last one being this Star Wars Episode 1; so it seems a rather "long temporary"...

It may be, but I got at least two SteelBooks in this kind of package, with at least two (2) or even three (3) weeks in between, the last one being this Star Wars Episode 1; so it seems a rather "long temporary"...
There was more than 1 steelbook release that week

Delivery times vary after been dispatched even when they have same release date so a few releases for that week was affected.

The only steelbook I had on pre order for that week was episode 1

Steelbook release before episode 1 and after that week the white boxes was used

Steelbooks that would not fix in white boxes jiffy mailers are used so you don't count those releases.

While I fully understand that an issue like this can take a while - the least Zavvi could do is send out an email to inform its customers of the situation. I had to create a new account for the time being to create any new steelbook orders because they seemingly don't want to

Don't know if you read this or not - I have been making the rounds a bit on this, as I had to pay 108 euros for 3 steelbooks recently myself. It's bullshit, so I'm trying to figure out why they're charging me without any reasons.

Customs told me "oh it's not us, it's Bpost, it says it's "formalities, not actual import".

The guy on the phone from bpost, in turn, said "I don't understand why you are having to pay extra for these packages. They are from the UK and so far, that still belongs to the EU. My advice would be to check if this is 100% still the case with customs, and if it is, you can file a complaint. If you DO file a complaint but you're in the wrong, you can be charged up to 150 euros "dossier costs'."

Customs is too lazy to pick up their phone, apparently, since we've tried multiple times and we're always on hold for 15 to 20 minutes.
I will get my answer, regardless if I'm right or wrong, I will not be charged randomly without an explanation - seeing as package A costs me 36 euros, where package B - from the same address and everything - costs me **** all extra. If you can't be consistent, then **** off. Either make me pay or don't make me pay, but don't **** around like this.
I have the same problem here in Belgium. Customer service is not helping, saying they don't know why it is charged but can't do anything about it. Also doesn't matter if you choose ZAVVI.NL or others in EUR. It all comes from the same warehouse.
I just wish ze could have more information from the Belgian customs office and also about the future. Because I don't understand what the change from January will mean for us. If we already pay the taxes up front, will the packages stop being held at our customs border?

Also I decline those packages now, I just hope Zavvi will pay me back for them because you don't have a return in progress. They will have a lot of packages return these days I guess.

I have the same problem here in Belgium. Customer service is not helping, saying they don't know why it is charged but can't do anything about it. Also doesn't matter if you choose ZAVVI.NL or others in EUR. It all comes from the same warehouse.
I just wish ze could have more information from the Belgian customs office and also about the future. Because I don't understand what the change from January will mean for us. If we already pay the taxes up front, will the packages stop being held at our customs border?

Also I decline those packages now, I just hope Zavvi will pay me back for them because you don't have a return in progress. They will have a lot of packages return these days I guess.
If nothing changes, we'll have to pay actual import costs as well. The current costs we pay aren't actual import costs but taxes, basically.
I've got the luck that a friend of mine can forward my stuff from the UK - but I honestly feel like Zavvi could fix this themselves. It's pretty ridiculous and I'm quite sure more countries will have issues in the upcoming months with brexit. It's honestly a bit pisspoor that Zavvi doesn't seem to care about its customers at all, that's how I've always felt when talking to their customer support.

Everyone knows Zavvi are bad but they have done the unthinkable and taken money from my bank account without even placing an order! And the worse thing is they are refusing to put it back and trying to get me to close my Zavvi account. I said it can be closed when they put my money back. I will end up doing a chargeback with the bank. Spent thousands with them over the years. Do not buy from Zavvi.

Everyone knows Zavvi are bad but they have done the unthinkable and taken money from my bank account without even placing an order! And the worse thing is they are refusing to put it back and trying to get me to close my Zavvi account. I said it can be closed when they put my money back. I will end up doing a chargeback with the bank. Spent thousands with them over the years. Do not buy from Zavvi.
Have you done a order using one of the different Zavvi websites

Example used Zavvi UK/Zavvi Germany/Zavvi USA/Zavvi Australia etc to do an order and forgot you did

Be bit difficult to take money for an order if you did not do an order

I previously forgot I used one of the different Zavvi website before and had payment taken

As Paul said above (thanks @paulboland), you might want to check (search) in your e-mail archive the order number that they stated on the charge, and if you found it, you'll remember for sure; if not, either you deleted the mail, or, it is as you say, they charged wrongly.

@PixarAnimated Hint from who has used thousands and thousands of €s in web shops : always save emails like order confirmation, posted etc. At least so long you have the item. You might wanna use excel or something like that to put down title, sum, order date stuff like that. And put a mark when item has arrived, nice list of your items and seller etc... I also use the same spreadsheet if/when I sell something ...

Good luck with Zavvi ! :thumbs:

Reactions: Felix_ro
@PixarAnimated Hint from who has used thousands and thousands of €s in web shops : always save emails like order confirmation, posted etc. At least so long you have the item. You might wanna use excel or something like that to put down title, sum, order date stuff like that. And put a mark when item has arrived, nice list of your items and seller etc... I also use the same spreadsheet if/when I sell something ...

Good luck with Zavvi ! :thumbs:
That's a GREAT advice to ANY collector!
Also a personal list/data-base could be handy in so many occasions (additionally to just tracking orders), like for example "did I purchase this already?", or "how much did I paid for this?", or just simply "where did I put this in my library?" if you added this information too.

Reactions: Space Cadet