Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 562
Last edited by a moderator:
Don't actually make a new account with your active email; they're aware of that. I've asked as well about that and they told me "not to worry".

Still not fixed... Fine that they take their time and all to fix it, no issues with it for me, but why do you keep posting new steelbooks that people might not be able to get now? :/

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Does anyone contacted them on facebook or twitter?
I sent them a message several hours ago via their "contact us" section, but I don't have face or twit.

Maybe someone that seems to have in-depth contact with them like @paulboland or @IRON MAN could help out on this?!?! (Thanks in advance, appreciated if either of you could find out something!)

Their responses on Twitter aren't exactly fast either - the only thing they keep saying is "we are working on it" and "it'll be resolved shortly".

I sent them a message several hours ago via their "contact us" section, but I don't have face or twit.

Maybe someone that seems to have in-depth contact with them like @paulboland or @IRON MAN could help out on this?!?! (Thanks in advance, appreciated if either of you could find out something!)
I already contacted them on twitter by public and private messages

They still working on trying to find a fix
It's not a simple fix or it would have been done by now

Just keep your order emails and dispatch emails that has your order number if you need to contact Zavvi about order issues
You can still contact zavvi as long as you have your order number

They are still dispatching orders so they so far are not affected
A member from this web fourm is still getting pre orders dispatched emails even though cant login to check on orders

Last edited:
few days ago, i checked and saw that all orders have disappeared on Zavvi UK.

so i sent a message to Zavvi, i got an answer with email. and since that day, i can't no longer log in on Zavvi ..... i tried "forgot your password", and it said "account does not exist", thats not true !
I tried on different Zavvi, same trouble, it said "email adress or password is invalid"

I can't even sent a message to respond to Zavvi, they asked me all orders numbers which have disappeared. I can't find a way to contact Zavvi, it seems you can only contact Zavvi from their website.
I tried facebook, it said "contact Zavvi on website"

I cleared cache & cookies, tried different browser .... still can't log in ..... if they don't fix the issue, I will have to create a new account .... but I have many transactions "pending" on paypal, but I could not see them on Zavvi !

Reactions: Felix_ro

Actually i tried few times to contact Zavvi on Facebook, they said it's not the way to contact Zavvi, told me to contact Zavvi with my account on website.

Since I can't log in ... I have no way to get in touch with Zavvi .... I wanted to give all orders number which have disapearred ....

I don't have Twitter .... so is there anyone who may have an idea to contact Zavvi please ?

Just add on to what Paul mentioned here

I got charged today still for my UK orders although i have no idea for which order - problem 1

problem 2 - i might need to cancel some item / order but seems no way of doing that now?

I already contacted them on twitter by public and private messages

They still working on trying to find a fix
It's not a simple fix or it would have been done by now

Just keep your order emails and dispatch emails that has your order number if you need to contact Zavvi about order issues
You can still contact zavvi as long as you have your order number

They are still dispatching orders so they so far are not affected
A member from this web fourm is still getting pre orders dispatched emails even though cant login to check on orders

Just add on to what Paul mentioned here

I got charged today still for my UK orders although i have no idea for which order - problem 1

problem 2 - i might need to cancel some item / order but seems no way of doing that now?
I also have the “problem 2”, I too have some orders I would like to cancel before is too late.
I think Zavvi REALLY SCREWED UP BIG TIME this round.
I’m thinking if not somehow this falls to some European laws and regulations, since those accounts have private and personal data, and likely some have stored credit/debit cards information, and since we can’t access our accounts, we might all the same consider them compromised, right?

Reactions: Bunk
It's unacceptable that it hasn't been fixed by now. I have a pre-order that I may need to cancel, and just no way of doing that now.
It's not an easy fix or it would have been done by now
They tried on Friday that's why the website was down for a period of time

It's unkown at the moment if this can be fixed but they are still trying
They will have to find out what caused the error to happen before a fix can be found otherwise the same could happen again

If you use twitter you can contact Zavvi customer service to cancel an order

You will need your order number
They will ask some personal details to confirm its you
Your order number will be in the email zavvi sent you when you did an order

You will need to follow Zavvi CS on twitter and them follow you
Ask Zavvi CS to follow you
When requesting an order to be cancelled you send a message by doing a direct message as in DM as in private message
You send a direct message by clicking mail icon

Don't post order number or personal details on Zavvi twitter public
Use DM only

Note it can take a few hours or next day before you will get a reply due to the amount of private messages they have to reply too

Last edited:
It's not an easy fix or it would have been done by now
They tried on Friday that's why the website was down for a period of time

It's unkown at the moment if this can be fixed but they are still trying
They will have to find out what caused the error to happen before a fix can be found otherwise the same could happen again

If you use twitter you can contact Zavvi customer service to cancel an order

You will need your order number
They will ask some personal details to confirm its you
Your order number will be in the email zavvi sent you when you did an order

You will need to follow Zavvi CS on twitter and them follow you
Ask Zavvi CS to follow you
When requesting an order to be cancelled you send a message by doing a direct message as in DM as in private message
You send a direct message by clicking mail icon

Don't post order number or personal details on Zavvi twitter public
Use DM only

Note it can take a few hours or next day before you will get a reply due to the amount of private messages they have to reply too
Dear Paul,
I for one (and I believe many on those forums where you participate) THANK YOU greatly for all the information you share with us, when all is good (new products) and now when something is wrong. Hope you'll do this till you'll get to your thousand anniversary. :)

I don't know how much "IT stuff" you (or others here) know about, but my opinion about Zavvi "searching" for what they did wrong is to me (being in touch with some IT policies and practices), utterly stupid and nonsense, when they could just easy do a RESTORE FROM BACKUP and would IMMEDIATELY resolved the situation; furthermore, afterwards they could also take the two instances (bad-not-working one and the one from backup) and check by comparison to what it is different IF they are indeed so "good professionals" that they don't know what they have done so that just revert it.

If you do have direct contact with someone higher ranked in Zavvi (not those CS people that proved to so many and countless times they don't even know to read and understand English), please let them know that I could help them to figure out what's wrong (if my backup suggestion did not already), they just need to contact me and ask. Seriously!

Honestly, for such big concern (The Hut) with so many working force and assets, selling MILLIONS of items to MILLIONS of people MAINLY via electronic orders, having such BAD INEPTITUDE as this one (and others famous ones in the past, the tickets for championship being one of them), it is simply degrading and embarrassing (at least), that I wonder if this doesn't reflect in their quotation on the international market and shares.
To me, such things as this one, say a lot about a company or even more about a concern of companies, one of them being "maybe they actually wanted to do exactly this, for some good reasons they know better, for long time target". I hope I'm wrong with this and they simply have some incompetents there (I know how it is, want cheap people, get get sh***y products/services, aka "crap in, crap out").

Last edited:
Reactions: Bunk
Dear Paul,
I for one (and I believe many on those forums where you participate) THANK YOU greatly for all the information you share with us, when all is good (new products) and now when something is wrong. Hope you'll do this till you'll get to your thousand anniversary. :)

I don't know how much "IT stuff" you (or others here) know about, but my opinion about Zavvi "searching" for what they did wrong is to me (being in touch with some IT policies and practices), utterly stupid and nonsense, when they could just easy do a RESTORE FROM BACKUP and would IMMEDIATELY resolved the situation; furthermore, afterwards they could also take the two instances (bad-not-working one and the one from backup) and check by comparison to what it is different IF they are indeed so "good professionals" that they don't know what they have done so that just revert it.

If you do have direct contact with someone higher ranked in Zavvi (not those CS people that proved to so many and countless times they don't even know to read and understand English), please let them know that I could help them to figure out what's wrong (if my backup suggestion did not already), they just need to contact me and ask. Seriously!

Honestly, for such big concern (The Hut) with so many working force and assets, selling MILLIONS of items to MILLIONS of people MAINLY via electronic orders, having such BAD INEPTITUDE as this one (and others famous ones in the past, the tickets for championship being one of them), it is simply degrading and embarrassing (at least), that I wonder if this doesn't reflect in their quotation on the international market and shares.
To me, such things as this one, say a lot about a company or even more about a concern of companies, one of them being "maybe they actually wanted to do exactly this, for some good reasons they know better, for long time target". I hope I'm wrong with this and they simply have some incompetents there (I know how it is, want cheap people, get get sh***y products/services, aka "crap in, crap out").
Some it systems do things differently when it comes to backups it depends on what data is in a backup and when that backup was created

Even if they did have a backup to roll back from you then have another problem all data done after is not in that backup
Zavvi get a lot of orders each day as they have thousands different items they sell on their website
Backups are sometimes are done daily/weekly/monthly it various with retailers

This web forum had a problem a few years ago when it had to roll back from a backup
A lot of posts by members was gone when the website was restored from a backup

Finding cause of systems error or mistakes done can take time especially if it's not known for sure what caused it

At the moment no orders are lost as customers are still having payment taken and getting dispatch emails
Rolling to a back could cause a lot of orders be lost that would be worse than what has happened so far

If this can be fixed it will be but if it was easy fix it would have been done by now

I suggested to Zavvi to stop taking any new orders and then find a fix but a retailer be unlikely to do this due to amount of orders they could loose out on each day as they would have shutdown their website for a time that could end up been for be days/weeks

• Thanks
Some it systems do things differently when it comes to backups it depends on what data is in a backup and when that backup was created

Even if they did have a backup to roll back from you then have another problem all data done after is not in that backup
Zavvi get a lot of orders each day as they have thousands different items they sell on their website
Backups are sometimes are done daily/weekly/monthly it various with retailers

This web forum had a problem a few years ago when it had to roll back from a backup
A lot of posts by members was gone when the website was restored from a backup

Finding cause of systems error or mistakes done can take time especially if it's not known for sure what caused it

At the moment no orders are lost as customers are still having payment taken and getting dispatch emails
Rolling to a back could cause a lot of orders be lost that would be worse than what has happened so far

If this can be fixed it will be but if it was easy fix it would have been done by now

I suggested to Zavvi to stop taking any new orders and then find a fix but a retailer be unlikely to do this due to amount of orders they could loose out on each day as they would have shutdown their website for a time that could end up been for be days/weeks
I hope you realize by now that I know all you said here, and I know that recovering from backup most of the times imply some loss, depending on the how often the backup is made (and there could be backups done by the minute too).

Still, it matters I think how much do they actually lose via a restoration compared to a situation where countless people don't have the possibility to place new orders since their account is non-existent anymore, or it is a mess as it is in my case, where when I log in on the UK and see the orders I placed in DE, and in DE I see the orders from DE too, and frankly I am afraid to place new orders, especially that I have some that are duplicated orders, for same items, in DE and UK and would want to cancel one of them, but can't in this incertitude state!

And not to mention that IF this website (or any of The Hut group) is indeed VITAL for their business, then perhaps they should had already implemented a double or triple system (redundancy) that works in parallel and if one goes bad, the other(s) take over.
There are a myriad of solutions for exactly cases like this, but it seems that Zavvi/The Hut is mostly interested to have cheap personnel (proven by the responses of the CS team) than to have great infrastructure (which can't exist without great people behind it), which for sure, sooner or later, will "have something to say" (like this break now).
I stand by the saying: "crap in, crap out" (which I already said it before).

Reactions: toratora and Bunk
I hope you realize by now that I know all you said here, and I know that recovering from backup most of the times imply some loss, depending on the how often the backup is made (and there could be backups done by the minute too).

Still, it matters I think how much do they actually lose via a restoration compared to a situation where countless people don't have the possibility to place new orders since their account is non-existent anymore, or it is a mess as it is in my case, where when I log in on the UK and see the orders I placed in DE, and in DE I see the orders from DE too, and frankly I am afraid to place new orders, especially that I have some that are duplicated orders, for same items, in DE and UK and would want to cancel one of them, but can't in this incertitude state!

And not to mention that IF this website (or any of The Hut group) is indeed VITAL for their business, then perhaps they should had already implemented a double or triple system (redundancy) that works in parallel and if one goes bad, the other(s) take over.
There are a myriad of solutions for exactly cases like this, but it seems that Zavvi/The Hut is mostly interested to have cheap personnel (proven by the responses of the CS team) than to have great infrastructure (which can't exist without great people behind it), which for sure, sooner or later, will "have something to say" (like this break now).
I stand by the saying: "crap in, crap out" (which I already said it before).

So obviously you'll never purchase anything from the Hut Group again, right? Right?

I mean how can anybody possibly support such a company after what you have posted here. Right?

• Haha