Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 558
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Zavvi are trying a new underhanded tactic. I just tried to cancel a preorder, only to be told that because I used a discount code, and that one item had shipped, the preorder item could not be cancelled.

The shipped item?

Their free digital magazine that gets added to orders automatically and can't be removed, which counts as shipped the moment you place the order.
@Ashcroft
Use the contact us method instead to cancel an outstanding item in an order when part of order already shipped

This method been available to use for years

Your order item
click contact us instead of clicking cancel

Contact US
Tick select this product (Item you want to cancel)
Category please choose one
Select Cancellation

I know how to use their website.

I already did that, I got a cut and paste reply saying that they couldn't because part of my order had shipped and I had used a code. The only code I used was the newer red carpet code.

I'm sure that it will get cancelled after a few more emails once I finally get someone who doesn't give a standard response, but in the mean time this is obviously just them putting a barrier in the way of cancelling. It would probably be enough to get some people to just give up.

Reactions: PixarAnimated
Placed an order yesterday evening and the postage fee was discounted, as usual, just went to place another one and yep you are correct.
The postage fee of £1.99 is back, also I don't recall Steelbooks taking 3-5 days :cautious:

Reactions: MagisterYODA
Some members here told that Zavvi has refunded custom fees.
Asked how to do that.
No reply.
Other member wanted also know.
So ...
Pls and Thank you !
:thanks:

@Space Cadet Found this elsewhere so it might be of use Mate. :thumbs:

Zavvi (EU) has changed policy on refunding VAT / customs fees​

renderTimingPixel.png

Other
PSA. This regards European customers, at least, and also the post-Brexit insanity.
Here we go:
For several months Zavvi used to refund all VAT and customs fees if you contacted them. This seemed super reasonable considering their online prices include VAT already - for every customer, regardless where they are from. You provided them the receipts and they refunded every fee. This way you only paid what you originally saw on the site (item price + postage).
The problem originates from the fact that Zavvi has multiple websites within EU (Netherlands and Germany, for example) yet their warehouse is located outside EU. This results in each and every order being picked by customs.
Now, suddenly Zavvi has declined to refund anything else but the customs handling fees (which are fixed, at least in my country, and are small). Quoting:
" Please note VAT is not refundable. "
It's also extra cumbersome to have a discussion with them as you can't directly reply to their emails. Instead, you have to login on their site, locate your order and make a new claim using their form. So you get their reply in your email but you have to reply to that using their web form hell.
Long story short: I am boycotting Zavvi as long as they are able to fix their system and get on with the post-Brexit realities. No one wants to pay double VAT and jump through all these hoops.
EDIT:
I found some interesting pieces of text on their website regarding Brexit. If these were true no one in the EU should pay any extra costs at all. In fact, they claim to have made "all necessary changes" so there is "no impact" at all. Well...
"Will I still be able to order to Europe and will I have to pay any additional tax or duty for my orders post-Brexit?
Zavvi can confirm that your shopping experience will not be impacted, and you will be able to continue to place orders as usual.
For customers located in the EU, most of our products will ship from our distribution centre within the EU and therefore ordering with us will continue as normal.
For any products shipping from the UK to addresses in the EU, tax and duties will be settled on your behalf with our courier, so there is no cost to you."
" Are you shipping from outside the UK now?
As some customers may have experienced in the past, we have multiple dispatch locations across the globe to enable us to provide you with the best experience possible. The majority of orders will be fulfilled from within the EU, but some products will be sent from the UK.
We have made all necessary changes to ensure any products sent from the UK to EU addresses are delivered as normal with no impact to you."

• Informative
Reactions: Space Cadet
@Space Cadet Keep pushing and you will get refunded... takes weeks of chasing but I got my refunds. First two or three responses are always BOTS. Be polite as much as you can. I always quote their webpage and what it says about EU customers. It is super annoying and time consuming but works. At least they ship in boxes now, not each item separately from same order so you have to pay less of the import processing fees. Horrible company indeed. O yeah make sure that you make picture of your receipt that proofs that you paid it. I usually take one picture with box and receipt together that shows it. Btw I heard that it gets solved much faster via LIVE CHAT instead sending a MESSAGE. Be aware that Live Chat goes on and off due to occupancy so try to refresh. Also Twitter is good too. Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: Space Cadet
Btw there is one funny thing though, when they refund you at least in my case I didn't see it as payment from Zavvi to my account on date after claim was done but at the time when purchase of the item happened. Took me some time to figure this out. Probably related to a Master card.

I haven't received my refund yet since their customer services agreed to refund and told me that it was on the process on October 19. I chased several times but got the same reply that their financial team is processing the refund, nothing else. What a joke!

I haven't received my refund yet since their customer services agreed to refund and told me that it was on the process on October 19. I chased several times but got the same reply that their financial team is processing the refund, nothing else. What a joke!
takes time but go back to your bank history and check the date when you got charged to your item. with me i see all my refunds on the days when i purchased items. took me some time to figure out. if not there then chase CS. so far I managed to refund all my VAT charged orders.

"Unfortunately, as systems stand, your order may be subject to customs and additional VAT charges when it arrives in your country. We are working as quickly as we can to put measures in place to deliver future orders to EU countries without any extra tax to pay."

:angry:

• Informative
Reactions: Chemartin_1
I replied them on monday, same answer came again ... Fu*k em !

Edit :

...and 20 minutes later they ask for more details about taxes I have paid so they can give me a voucher !

What a company !

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Chemartin_1