Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 556
Last edited by a moderator:
All my orders that was tracked shipping from Zavvi was shipped from Warrington

I just have delivery today from Zavvi of Brams Stoker's Dracula SteelBook
Tracked shipping from THG Warrington warehouse

View attachment 543624

Info is as I previoiusly posted #6354
Local trackling number was for tracking with Fastway Ireland
Delivery by Fastway
Courier got the Vat paid by Zavvi themeslves
The courier then done the customs clearance

View attachment 543623

Zavvi warehouse in Guernsey don't do tracked shipping
That's why orders that use tracking are shipped from THG Warrington warehouse

Local Tracking and courier used will vary in other countries as I previously posted #6354

Do any of the labels on your package show how much VAT you paid?

Do any of the labels on your package show how much VAT you paid?
No need to have it as it's the courier who does the customs clearance on behalf of customs as they are a licenced customs agent
The Courier gets customs details in regards goods value and vat amount to be paid etc from Zavvi
Zavvi pay the vat themselves to the courier on behalf of customer
Tracking lists customs cleared
Fastway Ireland who was the local courier used for my parcel pass on the vat payment to revenue in Ireland
This is for EU countries in regards to Vat paid and customs clearance done by courier in regards to a tracked parcel

Fastway Ireland has all the details of Vat Payment in regards to my parcel
They are a licenced customs agent

Fastway use Delivery Duty Paid system where the sender of parcel pays the vat to the courier
Zavvi paid the Vat in regards this parcel
In regards to other retailers who use Fastway Ireland customer had paid vat (and customs duty if applicable) at checkout with the retailer and that vat payment passed to the courier who then give revenue that vat payment and custums duty if that also involved
Vat and Customs Duty are different things

Non tracked parcels is different
CN customs label with Vat amount only listed on parcel when IOSS is used as in orders shipped from Zavvi warehouse in Guernsey
Those parcels are not tracked and just shipped using local postal service from Guernsey as in Guernsey Post

USA/Canada is different matter as they not a EU country

So whats the deal with Zavvi atm?
Many of my orders are taking ages to dispatch, some 2 weeks.
Another 2 of my orders are still on processing after 2 weeks.
Why are they taking orders for items when they clearly don't have stock of them?

So whats the deal with Zavvi atm?
Many of my orders are taking ages to dispatch, some 2 weeks.
Another 2 of my orders are still on processing after 2 weeks.
Why are they taking orders for items when they clearly don't have stock of them?

Where do you live ?

Since Zavvi started tracked shipping to Finland things have been fine. Latest shipping (Batman (2022)) took only a week, they used to take sometimes a month to arrive.

@paulboland did you ever asked Zavvi about removing countries mate?

Guess we will never know... Clearly they've got their own reasons. But don't tell me xy countries do more shipping then certain EU do.
At least there's one good thing - no more spine slashed and dented steelbooks. They can't even do proper packaging.
And by the looks of it we won't get proper answer why at least until New Years. -_-

Reactions: Tompa
Where's the thread for this upcoming steel? Can't find it anywhere.

Attachments

• 316054155_217363380719697_6228044839309000004_n.jpg
    316054155_217363380719697_6228044839309000004_n.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 316418526_217363370719698_430893928898793188_n.jpg
    316418526_217363370719698_430893928898793188_n.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 50
How annoying are the new stupid little trending badges on items

I also noticed the second a release went up for sale yesterday and clearly ordered the second it went live it said “selling fast more than 50 sold” LOL

Yeah right. And other panic buying ploy. Smart. Guarantee they are set to literally 1 person buying it goes into trending and selling fast.

How annoying are the new stupid little trending badges on items

I also noticed the second a release went up for sale yesterday and clearly ordered the second it went live it said “selling fast more than 50 sold” LOL

Yeah right. And other panic buying ploy. Smart. Guarantee they are set to literally 1 person buying it goes into trending and selling fast.
"More than 50 sold" of a 378034719374192 print run :wacky:

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
I've sung Zavvi's praises for ages. But all good things must come to an end.

I find myself trapped in a Zavvi-Tornado of confusion regarding the damaged Casablanca's they sent me.

Started off okay with the messages. They apologized for sending me damaged goods and offered 20 percent off. I thought about it, but chose to return them for refund instead, because I didn't want them sending me more damaged Casablanca's.

They sent a return form and label and gave me a code so shipping would be free.

I packed up the goods doing something Zavvi DID NOT DO. I wrapped them in protective packaging, aka bubble wrap. Put the return form in the box, labeled it, took it to the post office and.......

The first post office I went to tried to charge me shipping, and didn't know what the code was I was referring to.

The second post office I went to wouldn't help me until I filled out the Customers Declaration form, which needs a contact email and phone for Zavvi. I asked Zavvi for this several times, and they continued to ignore it.

Next thing I know I get a notice apologizing for the issues, and that a replacement is coming to me in 3-5 days, with no mention of my return issues at the USPS. So I reply and ask "What about the return".

Then I get a response that I'm responsible for the items getting back to them in pristine condition. Pristine condition? Do they mean pristine as in a spine slash on the outer boxes???? The way they shipped them to me???

I respond yet again relaying the issue at hand about the return, and I get a response that they sent me the wrong return label, and to use this new one. So I'm like "Thank goodness this is almost behind me". I pull up the label and it's the same exact one they sent me before that I KNOW does not give me free shipping. This time, though, they gave me no code to use to make it free. You know, the code that the USPS didn't understand!?

So here we are today and I'm going to try another post office. Maybe they will know what the code is. I pray they do. I'm so sick of dealing with not only this issue, but being ignored over and over again by Zavvi. You would think at this point I would know how everything is going down, and I don't.

I asked for a refund and they say they're sending replacements. It is indeed very exasperating, especially in light of what I'm dealing with personally. Need to get this behind me.

Wish me luck at the P.O. today.

Reactions: Masta Norris
After driving all over town to different post offices to try and send this back, the PO today tells me the code is invalid and doesn't work for them. Emily, the USPS associate, told me that maybe it is for FedEx, so I messaged zavvi asking, again, for clarity.

Now they say Oops! Sorry. That label won't work in the U.S. and that I have to pay for shipping to ship this damaged merchandise back. Damaged, mind you, at the outset before they, Zavvi, ever put it in the box. I have to pay to send it back. That's what this company I've defended for over a decade now is telling me. This is outrageous. I really don't know what to think. And I told them that. They offered me 20 percent off credit when this all went down. I'm now wishing I'd just done it. I wouldn't be dealing with this bombastic nonsense right now.

After driving all over town to different post offices to try and send this back, the PO today tells me the code is invalid and doesn't work for them. Emily, the USPS associate, told me that maybe it is for FedEx, so I messaged zavvi asking, again, for clarity.

Now they say Oops! Sorry. That label won't work in the U.S. and that I have to pay for shipping to ship this damaged merchandise back. Damaged, mind you, at the outset before they, Zavvi, ever put it in the box. I have to pay to send it back. That's what this company I've defended for over a decade now is telling me. This is outrageous. I really don't know what to think. And I told them that. They offered me 20 percent off credit when this all went down. I'm now wishing I'd just done it. I wouldn't be dealing with this bombastic nonsense right now.

Get a quote from the post office for how much it would cost to send the package back to the UK with insured tracked shipping and get some kind of printout of it or screen shot.

Send the image to Zavvi and if it's an outrageous amount, which it is from Canada, tell them that you want them to use their carrier to pick the package up from you at their cost.

It will most likely be cheaper for them to use their own carrier, or to forget the whole thing and just tell you to keep the items and give you a refund.

I have had them use their own carrier, which is FedEx, to pick the items up from me a few times including just last week.

It may take a few more messages but I recommend this approach.

Their return shipping labels only work in the UK or Europe as I have found out in the past.

Good Luck!

Reactions: jaws finatic
Note all Zavvi websites are showing wrong prices be it £ or other currency with lot of pre orders that went live in past 2 weeks if you based outside UK

Zavvi websites if you have shipping to set to outside UK and region and language set to outside UK you will see lot higher prices
If you based in UK you will not notice these pricing errors

I have sent a private twitter message today to Zavvi to fix this issue
I'm waiting on a reply

Reactions: Stygian
Does zavvi still offer discount codes used to use them regularly but not in a while now and some I tried don’t work. As shipping for me has doubled be great to save a bit at least off my order which would sort of make the shipping less.

What's with Zavvi UK being unable to add new card details on their website for my account?

I can delete them but then I can't update a new payment card to pay for my pre orders.
I'm changing bank. What's the problem. Why are they unable to do this?

Absolute shambles
It's 2023.

What's with Zavvi UK being unable to add new card details on their website for my account?

I can delete them but then I can't update a new payment card to pay for my pre orders.
I'm changing bank. What's the problem. Why are they unable to do this?

Absolute shambles
It's 2023.
They still haven't fixed that? Damn.

I had this issue years ago, so after that I just waited for them to send me the 'payment problem' email and updated my card through the link they included.

Also, forgot to mention... if you remove a card that holds pre-orders, then it will cancel them. So best to wait for that email I mentioned above.