Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 562
Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know zavvis policy on items that go on sale the day after you buy them? I bought the Arrow Robin hood yesterday for £40 and just got an email saying its sale for £25. So £22.50 with discount code. I mean what a kick in the teeth lol.

The Hut Group who owns Zavvi is in real trouble, with a few very recent reports have indicated with Zavvi themselves noted as potentially loss making, i'll link a few news articles stating the issues; but here is an interesting quote from one of the articles.

"It comes two months after the latest profit warning by THG, which also launched a strategic review into loss-making parts of its OnDemand division, which includes websites such as Zavvi and Pop In A Box, as it seeks to focus further on beauty and nutrition." - take that as you will.

Also it has just been announced today (17th April 2023) that a US buyout company Apollo has put in a bid to buy the entire THG group.

My feeling is that if Zavvi is really loss making, coupled with the loss of Disney exclusives etc..it's a sign it's losing it's grip, and the next year will be interesting to watch....

Just had this message today...

We have recently stopped shipping to international countries.

We are working on some exciting new changes and we will update you as soon as we resume shipping internationally.

Anybody know how you go about turning off auto-renew for a Red Carpet subscription? I remember struggling with it once before, so ended up contacting them and was told it'd been sorted. But then months down the line I was charged for it again!

Anybody know how you go about turning off auto-renew for a Red Carpet subscription? I remember struggling with it once before, so ended up contacting them and was told it'd been sorted. But then months down the line I was charged for it again!
I asked them about that recently and they just advised me to contact them again about 2 weeks before the next subscription payment is due to ask them to cancel it.

If the payment is via PayPal, you can cancel it there. Settings -> Payments -> Automatic Payments. Select the relevant payment and cancel it.

If the subscription is paid with a credit card, your bank may provide online functionality for doing the cancellation.

Reactions: jailbird_joey
I asked them about that recently and they just advised me to contact them again about 2 weeks before the next subscription payment is due to ask them to cancel it.
LOL. And when they send it to you anyway and charge you...what then? It's just not feasible that they could not just flat out cancel your Red Box. Anticipate receiving it anyway and getting charged. If you're lucky it will be damaged before shipping like my last order.

See. This is what happens when one party in a love affair gets crapped on by their partner. They become negative and disillusioned. Saves me money, I guess.

hi everyone,

if Zavvi has ben sold by THG ... does it mean please that old preorders won't be shipped in a couple of weeks ? I'm talking old preorders for "Fifth Element"

Thanks for your answer.

Hmm weird. Did they not say why they can't just cancel the auto-renew now?

If the payment is via PayPal, you can cancel it there. Settings -> Payments -> Automatic Payments. Select the relevant payment and cancel it.

If the subscription is paid with a credit card, your bank may provide online functionality for doing the cancellation.
I'll have a look through my online banking app, but I'm doubtful tbh. Will try my luck contacting Zavvi again, otherwise I'll get in touch with my bank directly and have them cancel/refund me.

Hmm weird. Did they not say why they can't just cancel the auto-renew now?
No, they didn't. But if they fail to cancel it when I ask them to and they still take payment, I'll just claim a refund via my credit card company.

EDIT - just realised I've recently had my credit card replaced, so the one registered with them is no longer valid, so payment should fail anyway! :)

2nd EDIT - this was their actual response back in May (my next subscription payment is due on 14 September):

Thank you for getting in touch about cancelling a subscription.

Kindly contact us at the beginning of September and we will be happy to have this cancelled for you.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Precious

Zavvi Customer Care Team

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles
hi everyone,

if Zavvi has ben sold by THG ... does it mean please that old preorders won't be shipped in a couple of weeks ? I'm talking old preorders for "Fifth Element"

Thanks for your answer.
If you read the article I provided the link to, you will see that it states "The newly independent company will continue to be a client of THG's Ingenuity logistics arm, they added.". So I assume that means they will continue to use the same warehouse(s) and despatch team(s)?

Zavvi will now be known as ZavviGroup Ltd

THG confirmed the sale of its OnDemand division to NEWCO and Zavvi to its existing leadership team as ZavviGroup Ltd, with financial backing from investment firm Gordon Brothers
Note Gordon Brothers Group is a liquidation and restructuring firm

The OnDemand division included the webstores IWOOT, My Geek Box, Pop In A Box, Very Neko
Zavvi sold to ZavviGroup Ltd

ProBikeKit was sold separately to Fraser Group in the second quarter of 2023.

The sales generated £4 million and THG announced that both would continue as clients of Ingenuity
Arrow Films was retained by THG and moved into the Ingenuity division

Zavvi online website will still though will be operated by the inguenty e-commerce platform as will lots of other retailers websites that inguenty look after

Arrow Films Distributor is not affected as that is still owned by THG PLC

• Informative
Reactions: Stygian
How long will Zavvi now continue as a retailer will be interesting to follow and how much of effect will the Gordon Brothers have in helping Zavvi group ltd get back to a be profitable business

The reason for the sale of Zavvi it was to eliminate loss-making businesses from THG PLC

This started in January 2023 as part of the strategic review to eliminate loss-making businesses that was part of THG
This might explain why international shipping was stopped by Zavvi in February 2023

It would explain why Arrow Films continued to ship worldwide but Zavvi did not as Arrow Films is a profitable business for THG

Zavvi company name before it went into liquidation in 2009 was Zavvi Group Ltd as in before THG purchased Zavvi

Reactions: jailbird_joey