Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #17) [China]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Release date: March, 2015
Print run: TBA
Notes:
Lenti (1300) and 1/4 slip (700)
Matte finish
Embossing will be different to the WWA version
Includes 6 postcards similar to IM finish.

thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Taiwan has set the bar way too high in regards to 1/4 slips for CA and CA2... the CA2 1/4 slip blufans is nice, but nothing compared to CA2 Taiwan which is in a whole different league of its own.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm not impressed by both CA 1/4 slips (and steels)

no you are not, the only thing I like is CA Blufans Steelbook, I think they did a nice effort and it turned out nice but not worth double dipping

BUT

I do not like the CA2 Steelbook Blufans ~ I believe the WWA of CA2 was so superbly done(and especially the Taiwan version) this one does not even begin to compare, both 1/4 slips for both CA and CA2 not feeling them...

only thing they seemed to have nailed are the 2 Thors Steelbooks as we have not yet seen the lentis (but IMO they should have opted for FullSlips instead as it does give them a CLASSIER Look)

Reactions: Hatori
no you are not, the only thing I like is CA Blufans Steelbook, I think they did a nice effort and it turned out nice but not worth double dipping

BUT

I do not like the CA2 Steelbook Blufans ~ I believe the WWA of CA2 was so superbly done(and especially the Taiwan version) this one does not even begin to compare, both 1/4 slips for both CA and CA2 not feeling them...

only thing they seemed to have nailed are the 2 Thors Steelbooks as we have not yet seen the lentis (but IMO they should have opted for FullSlips instead as it does give them a CLASSIER Look)

I agree with you. Both Thor steels look awesome.:thumbs:

Reactions: psychoscot
I agree with you. Both Thor steels look awesome.:thumbs:

yes they do they are so great looking :smuggrin:

But oh no even if you have CA2 in hands, on pics it looks not nice at all from the pictures they showed of only the steelbook...the WWA is so beautiful and complex compared to the blufans CA2, it is the only steel from blufans that I actually dislike, but when I have it in hands maybe I will find it not that bad... but the WWa is so stunning I don't get why they didn't put as much effort into CA2 as they did for all other 3 steelbooks (CA, Thor 1 and 2)

yes they do they are so great looking :smuggrin:

But oh no even if you have CA2 in hands, on pics it looks not nice at all from the pictures they showed of only the steelbook...the WWA is so beautiful and complex compared to the blufans CA2, it is the only steel from blufans that I actually dislike, but when I have it in hands maybe I will find it not that bad... but the WWa is so stunning I don't get why they didn't put as much effort into CA2 as they did for all other 3 steelbooks (CA, Thor 1 and 2)

Have to agree buddy, the CA2 is not that mind-blowing actually.. the WWA was stunning! For a WW release it was just gorgeous - and as you said - its complex embossing was freakin awesome! :)

I'm actually more excited for the lenticular slip than the steel itself - plus the quarter-slips aren't that great to me either - Taiwan takes it all right here. :thumbs:

Have to admit I never get the fascination for the 1/4 slips.... the full slips however is another thing :D