Dexter: The Complete Series Collection (Limited Edition Box Set) [USA/Canada/UK]

CyberAthlete

Premium Supporter
Dec 12, 2011
Chicago, IL
76a87105-414d-4b1d-a9f8-ca55a3bf5d77_zps9fed888a (1).jpg

CLICK LINKS TO GO DIRECTLY TO EACH COUNTRY'S POST:

USA:
Release Date: Nov 12th, 2013
Current Price: $259.99
Pre-order: Amazon
CANADA

UK (Zavvi Exclusive)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi can someone PM me if this comes back it stock at Zavvi, as I cancelled this by mistake and the Zavvi cocks wont reinstate the preorder :(

Sent from my Galaxy S4

I was tempted, but that last season was a huge disappointment.... what were the writers thinking of? If the last season had blown my mind away, then I might have considered it, but at £149.00 on blu ray, I'm afraid I can't justify it. Think I'll wait til the normal complete box set halves in price after Christmas.

A couple of early reviews are stating that the packaging for Dexter set is cardboard, not wood as it appears to be in the glam shots on Amazon. If that's the case then this will be a huge disappointment for most of the die-hard collectors who pre-ordered the set thinking the box was made of wood.

A couple of early reviews are stating that the packaging for Dexter set is cardboard, not wood as it appears to be in the glam shots on Amazon. If that's the case then this will be a huge disappointment for most of the die-hard collectors who pre-ordered the set thinking the box was made of wood.

Cardboard? Thats SUPER DISAPPOINTING.

Reactions: Jason Bourne
I cancelled mine with Zavvi. I had several box sets arrive in Oz, pushed in, crumpled edges and corners - shipped in a thin envelope that could never protect them. The risk of this being sent similarly is something i can do without.

If that's not a wooden case, lots will pull out methinks.

I cancelled mine with Zavvi. I had several box sets arrive in Oz, pushed in, crumpled edges and corners - shipped in a thin envelope that could never protect them. The risk of this being sent similarly is something i can do without.

If that's not a wooden case, lots will pull out methinks.

I've pulled out, that would be a ridiculous amount for a cardboard box, if it does turn out to be a wooden box, I would reorder it then.

That is disappointing, at this price point I actually expected it to be made out of wood. Cardboard will make it look cheap.

Wood wouldn't even be that expensive nor would it add a lot more to the weight. Look at the German Jurassic Park set. That thing is a beauty and it doesn't weigh that much. No, this is just laziness. There's no way this'll sell out now. Look at the Avengers suitcase... limited, yet still available everywhere because they made it plastic. I'll wait for the price drop on this Dexter set.

Wood woodn't even be that expensive nor wood it add a lot more to the weight.

I fixed it for you! :hilarious:

I'll wait for the price drop on this Dexter set.

This is very disappointing now. I was going to order but knowing this I will hold off for a regular plain release. No matter how you package it if it is cardboard it would feel cheap. I likely wood have returned it had I gotten a cardboard box in the mail.

Disappointing just like the ending :p

Reactions: tridon
After a review on amazon.com a reviewer claims the 'wooden box' is chipboard with a paper covering how cheap and lame this set will be an immediate cancel for me stuff that its only limited to 250 through zavvi.

Reactions: jammyone
After a review on amazon.com a reviewer claims the 'wooden box' is chipboard with a paper covering how cheap and lame this set will be an immediate cancel for me stuff that its only limited to 250 through zavvi.

I've just seen that too, the review is dated the 8th of November 2013 so they must have got their copy early or seen it elsewhere

Full review quote

Packaging Prank? November 8, 2013

By Racer X

Format:Blu-ray

Paramount once again cut HUGE corners with this "Collector's Edition." The faux wood box is nothing but low end chipboard with a cheap paper covering. The book is nothing but a collection of magazine covers from the past & amateur fan art. It's too bad since the original packaging from early seasons was so stunning and clearly original. Something changed from Season 7 to this collection. For this price, you should at least get a collection that will last longer than a year. Too bad, because a great show like Dexter deserves better.

Last edited:
Might cancel this now then, it's a lot of money for a cardboard box.

I'm still on the fence though, I mean it sold out very quick on Zavvi and apparently it's limited so what to do, what to do

Last edited:
Might cancel this now then, it's a lot of money for a cardboard box.

I'm still on the fence though, I mean it sold out very quick on Zavvi and apparently it's limited so what to d, what to do

There was a time that i shared your thoughts, but now im not buying anything just because it is limited but because it shows some quality ;) Less money i spend, cancelled the zavvi one.