Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D - In theaters April 04, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and teams up with Natasha Romanoff, aka Black Widow, to battle a powerful yet shadowy enemy in present-day Washington, D.C.
Stars: Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Robert Redford

Trailer:
[media=youtube]NLWsK1ZFunA[/media]

Old infos:
From IMDB and source

cap.jpg
After saving the world twice in two years in Captain America: The First Avenger and this summer's The Avengers, it looks like Captain America is going to get to take a year off. Disney has just announced the release date of Captain America 2, the third outing for Chris Evans as the star-spangled super soldier, but fans of the hero are going to have to wait until 2014 to watch as he "continues his affiliation with Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D and struggles to embrace his role in the modern world," according to a Disney press release.

After this summer's Marvel's The Avengers, Cap will have until April 4, 2014 to rest up, clean his indestructible shield and get used to this modern world before getting into action again, confirming rumors that the movie could be in production as early as the end of this year (Neal McDonough, who played Dum Dum Dugan in the first installment, had leaked that information to reporters earlier this year). That leaves Marvel little time to find a director to replace Joe Johnson, who headed up the first in the series; rumored to be in the running are The Adjustment Bureau's George Nolfi and the Community producer-director team of Anthony and Joe Russo. Maybe there's hope for some kind of superhero role for Donald Glover after all...

Marvel's The Avengers is released May 4, with the Marvel movie universe continuing with Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 both set for release in 2013.

Attachments

• iyrhuj.jpg
    iyrhuj.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 357
  • 76368.jpg
    76368.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 474
Last edited by a moderator:
Phase one releases were either 1 - 2 years apart. They have a timeline of up to 2028 already, means that we'll see something every year or every other year. They have been in development for quite some time too so I don't really feel they are rushing with them. If anything, they are lining up quite nice.
That's how you build up something as big AND as successful as The Avengers... with a PLAN!!! :scat:

DC:
Does-Joker-Look-Like-a-Guy-With-a-Plan-In-The-Dark-Knight.gif

Ties in nicely from the first Cpt. America. The only problem I have is that I hope they don't just start churning these Marvel movies out just to make money. The quality and awesomeness of this movie was excellent, and I'm worried that the quality might go down just to make a few more bucks.

The same guys who did this movie are already signed on too do the next movie, so i'm not concerned.They release in may 2016 ,so i'm guessing they have time to get everything right.The only problems is what happens in the Avengers.

I saw the movie tonight, and it was mind blowingly awesome!The story and pacing of the movie was perfect, the casting was spot on and the effects were insane.They made it known that cap was important but didn't make any of the other characters look weak or not needed.Everyone served some kind of purpose.I can't wait to see what the Blu - ray brings, as I'm sure it will be packed.

Another thing is how hot Scarlett was in this movie.She was eye wateringly hot :drool: .
56fdef28ddf9eda3b293fb917a276780.jpg

Not to take anything away from her performance, but good god almighty!Black widow needs her own movie ASAp.

Just to add to Horhay's points on the well thought timeline of these movies, Sebastian Stan who originally auditioned for the Cap's role but given the role of Bucky was signed to a 7-movie deal just like Chris Evans. Now if WB and DC comics executives could plan and develop like Disney and Marvel are doing, we would see the JL movies by now.

I read recent interview Evans is only 6. He's also ready to be done. They wanted 9 movie deal but then he said ok to 6. But I think that was after first so I guess that is 7.....

Reactions: ash333
That's how you build up something as big AND as successful as The Avengers... with a PLAN!!! :scat:

DC:
Does-Joker-Look-Like-a-Guy-With-a-Plan-In-The-Dark-Knight.gif

Lol! Not to take a stab at DC, but they really have no proper planning, its as if they just pull stories they think will appease the fans. Also, I always felt Marvel had more grounded characters than the god like characters DC has, thus making it even harder to bring them to the screen. We'll probably see more batman/superman remakes before a jla movie :p

On a side note, did anyone catch the Dr. Strange name drop? See no rush, just careful planning and years of development ;).

On a side note, did anyone catch the Dr. Strange name drop? See no rush, just careful planning and years of development ;).
That's an INCREDIBLY well done job by Marvel... in a few years, when Phase 3 will be on-going, they'll be able to say: "Told ya he was coming..."

MAJOR SPOILERS - DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE, IF YOU DO IT'S ON YOU!

At the end of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, one chapter of the story is done, but there are many more to be told. That was by design according to directors Joe and Anthony Russo. Speaking about their film, which just had a record-setting opening weekend, the brothers confirmed the cliffhanger ending was part of the original, larger, story design and it will continue into Captain America 3. Below, read more as well as their quotes, but beware of major spoilers.

Plus, Marvel has officially announced May 6, 2016 as the release date for Captain America 3, as previously rumored.

Major spoilers for Captain America: The Winter Soldier below.

Captain America’s greatest battle in Captain America: The Winter Soldier isn’t with HYDRA, it’s with his former best friend-turned-brainwashed super soldier, the Winter Soldier. It’s obvious that attempting to reestablish a friendship he thought he lost decades ago is the most important thing to Cap. Which makes sense. All the members of his barbershop quartet are dead, Peggy Carter is aged, and sick. He has no one from his old life.

Unfortunately, the film doesn’t tie up this story. Cap defeats the Winter Soldier, but the movie ends with that villainous character returning an act of mercy before disappearing into the woods. Only at the very end of the credits do we realize the Winter Soldier, played by Sebastian Stan, is becoming aware of who he really is: Steve Rogers’ best friend, Bucky Barnes.

So, with Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America 3 pn the way (the latter to be directed by the Russos), we asked the directors the obvious. Was the Captain America 3 storyline directly referenced at the end?

Joe Russo: In the Marvel cone of secrecy, we won’t divulge too much, but I will say this. The movie is clearly written as a two-parter. There is a, there would seem to, the next movie would seem to require a continuation of the journey of the Winter Soldier.

Anthony Russo: Both on Cap’s part and Winter Soldier’s part. They both sort of are just–

Joe: And that’s not giving anything away. I think you can just glean that from watching the movie and seeing how the movie ends.

Very true. But the way they consciously decided not to finish that story in this film is pretty interesting. Will it have ramifications not only on Captain America 3, scheduled for release on May 6, 2016, but Avengers: Age of Ultron too? Will The Winter Soldier help Ultron?

Also, thanks to Marvel for this official announcement on the Captain America 3 release date:

Following the record-breaking premiere of Marvel’s “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” this past weekend, the First Avenger will jump into his next big screen solo adventure in just a little more than two years on May 6, 2016!

Before the untitled “Captain America 3″ hits theaters, though, fans can next see Cap when he joins the rest of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes once more in Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron” on May 1, 2015!

Reactions: cooey
I can't wait to see how the events in this film affect the Agents of SHIELD show.

Same here :)

Just to add to Horhay's points on the well thought timeline of these movies, Sebastian Stan who originally auditioned for the Cap's role but given the role of Bucky was signed to a 7-movie deal just like Chris Evans. Now if WB and DC comics executives could plan and develop like Disney and Marvel are doing, we would see the JL movies by now.

Sebastian Stan has a 9 picture deal :)

On another note, I've seen a couple of posts here mentioning
Dr. Strange and Agent 13 - hope that doesn't mean Cap 3 will be the end of Steve Rogers assassinated by her - and The Twins so I will add one that I haven't noticed being mentioned :p Brock Lumrow (Frank Grilo) is born. Fans of the comics know the duplicitous S.H.I.E.L.D. agent is the alter-ego of Crossbones, he's a vile nemesis of Steve Rogers. A potential Captain America 3 storyline?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: harry
Same here :)

On another note, I've seen a couple of posts here mentioning
Dr. Strange and Agent 13 - hope that doesn't mean Cap 3 will be the end of Steve Rogers assassinated by her - and The Twins so I will add one that I haven't noticed being mentioned :p Brock Lumrow (Frank Grilo) is born. Fans of the comics know the duplicitous S.H.I.E.L.D. agent is the alter-ego of Crossbones, he's a vile nemesis of Steve Rogers. A potential Captain America 3 storyline?

I saw crossbones and I am hoping this doesn't take place in Cap 3. I want CIVIL WAR!!! :D

I saw crossbones and I am hoping this doesn't take place in Cap 3. I want CIVIL WAR!!! :D

Nah, I don't see Civil War happening for quite some time. Also, remember that Sony Studios hold the film rights to Spider-Man while Fox Studios hold the film rights to Wolverine (and the X-Men), who played key roles during the Civil War epic in the comic books. Besides, before we have Civil War, we'd need to have House of M. The direction Bryan Singer and company are adopting for the X-Men crew, it's more likely that we'd have House of M *before* Civil War.

Of course, Marvel and Disney seem to be leapfrogging all of this continuity with the next Avengers film, Age of Ultron. Maybe we should be focussing on what will happen *after* Age of Ultron? Anybody here read the Infinity epic by Jonathan Hickman? The reason I ask is that it's kinda convenient that Guardians of the Galaxy is shaping up with Thanos being the big bad. What if Thanos then decides to come to Earth, not to find (and kill) his (Inhuman) son, but to lay waste to our planet due to Peter Quill having been born here?

So many possibilities, so little time (and money!) to film these epics!!!

Reactions: Troll2Fan
...Back to CA2, thinking of catching a second viewing, it's THAT good :scat:

Me too. I'm pretty sure I'll be back for a 2nd run on this one. There's so much to like about this film that I want to experience again, before I start waiting for the optical disc release this August (going off of Amazon.de expected delivery date).

Reactions: IRON MAN
Just watched it last night and WOW :drool:, it was awesome and i think its the best marvel movie (with Avengers) and can not wait to see Avengers 2 now :scat:

pretty much what the last 2 pages say, this movie was done very well, great acting, good story, definitive plot, etc...

Spoilers also some Thor 2 and IM3 discussion in there as well

my one gripe and I said the same thing after IM3, Thor 2, and Cap 2. Where are the rest of the avengers or at least some of them. I get this is a Captain America movie and in no way shape or form do I expect Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, or Hawkeye to have a significant amount of screen time. All I am asking is that at the end battle scene, when Extremis is going to kill the president, dark elves are about to destroy not just one planet but 9, or when 20 million people's lives are about to be ended that you see one or more of the other avengers in the background doing something. Like Tony gets on the communications and says OK Thor you take care of the main bad guy, I'll take care of the other surrounding troops, or since it was Tony's technology in the hellicarriers he gets on the line and somehow jams something to buy Cap 2-3 extra minutes. I dunno just something that shows they really are a team even if they will let the main movie star to take care of the main bad guy.

Just my $0.02

Loved seeing the twins and this whole Fox Mutant issue versus Disney/Marvel plays out with how they can portray each character

Also saw my first GotG trailer, looked pretty good. I was so-so on it but I may go.