Damaged SteelBook™ (From Retailers/Accidents) Sympathy & Venting!

Do you own a dented or damaged steelbook

• Yes

Votes: 324 91.0%
  • No

Votes: 32 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi All,

It looks like our former thread has become unavailable, so I am posting a new one. Feel free to post pics and share your worst experiences with damaged Steelbooks as received from retailers. I've stickied this one for now.

Thanks,
DB

Last edited by a moderator:
My 'mint' Target Evil Dead until I opened it to watch :angry: Counted 15 dings under the j-card...
null_zps53bb1ae1.jpg

b9yiWMO.jpg

0WGGmHl.jpg

fqRHaJZ.jpg

Received Fast & Furious 5 from third party sell off amazon.uk. Huge dent in the front. What can I do??

I'm getting really tired of receiving steelbooks with Spine Slahes. It happens only with the steelbooks I receive from the UK and not only Zavvi but also Amazon.
In the last weeks I received 2 steelbooks these with Spine Slashes:The Goonies (Zavvi) & Percy Jackson sea of monsters (Amazon).
I think about 25% of the steelbooks I received this year from UK have Spine Slashes.
The plastic wrap on the steelbooks is intact so I don't think this happens during shipping but during manufacturing.

Is this just bad luck or are there more of you who experience this? :angry:

Last edited:
b9yiWMO.jpg

Received Fast & Furious 5 from third party sell off amazon.uk. Huge dent in the front. What can I do??

Send it to Zavvi - so they can sell it to me? :angry:

Seriously though - contact the seller, and if that does not work - contact amazon.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Question for the long time experts - the black belts of collecting steels - the masters of steel disasters.

Is it the norm to get some bumps on the back - possibly from the casing inside? Or are the backs on ALL steels supposed to be as smooth as a Bangkok ladyboy's face? I've got a few with some slightly enlarged adam's apples and I don't know if this is normal. :dunno:

I'm getting really tired of receiving steelbooks with Spine Slahes. It happens only with the steelbooks I receive from the UK and not only Zavvi but also Amazon.
In the last weeks I received 2 steelbooks these with Spine Slashes:The Goonies (Zavvi) & Pecy Jackson sea of monsters (Amazon).
I think about 25% of the steelbooks I received this year from UK have Spine Slashes.
The plastic wrap on the steelbooks is intact so I don't think this happens during shipping but during manufacturing.

Is this just bad luck or are there more of you who experience this? :angry:

yes, SO MANY spine slashes lately. i cant believe scanavo and retailers still havent clued in on this. worst culprits: amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca, futureshop

walk into any futureshop, and ~30% of all newly released steelbooks are slashed

Reactions: mrpitt
Bumping a question - small bumps on the back of your steels acceptable? - or is this have something to do with glue? I have searched everywhere, and can not find an answer. Most of my steels are smooth on the back, but have quite a few from Zavvi that are bumped. I have also noticed certain titles at Best Buy having bumped backs, entire runs on the shelf - so can't blame Zavvi's brutal packaging.

Anybody?

Today I received my Hobbit 3D (Gandalf) steelbook from amazon France.
Not only did it have a nice spine slash, it also looked like it was hit by a train, not once but twice... And I actually found parts of someones dinner on the steelbook EEK!

Probably a returned steelbook that was not inspected by amazon.
But they (re)sold it as NEW!!!
Customerservice at amazon is great, so the steelbook is already on its way back.

Just snagged a copy of this for way more than I ever thought I'd pay for a Steelbook! It's such a beauty, I've got the bug big time! :scat:

Be a bit gutted if anyone did a re-print! :angry:

Bought Play's Iron Man from ebay few weeks back, new/sealed but the idiot seller put it in the flimsiest jiffy bag they could find and of course it arrived damaged:angry: I was so annoyed, it had a small ding on the front so I didn't open it and contacted the seller for a return and refund as it was their fault for putting an expensive fragile collectable through royal mail in a jiffy in the first place.. the seller refused to refund me and said it was in perfect condition when sent so its royal mails fault:angry: I kept it and a few days ago I unsealed it to see what damage was on the back of the SB, a nice 2inch dent right across/through iron mans head. Could not be more disappointed:( I have waited so long to buy this cos of the price and I finally get my hands on a new/sealed copy and the :ass: sends it in a jiffy

Really is a great looking steel, was gonna buy iron man 2 next but I feel like I don't really have the first one as its dented, need to buy it again but it was hard enough justifying the first purchase let alone buying another one:(

I'm gutted for you man. That can't be fair. Surely Royal Mail must be liable for some kind of refund?

I'm praying mine arrives safely now! Seller has had good comms and his feedback is littered with "well packaged" comments. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: chunk
Bought Play's Iron Man from ebay few weeks back, new/sealed but the idiot seller put it in the flimsiest jiffy bag they could find and of course it arrived damaged:angry: I was so annoyed, it had a small ding on the front so I didn't open it and contacted the seller for a return and refund as it was their fault for putting an expensive fragile collectable through royal mail in a jiffy in the first place.. the seller refused to refund me and said it was in perfect condition when sent so its royal mails fault:angry: I kept it and a few days ago I unsealed it to see what damage was on the back of the SB, a nice 2inch dent right across/through iron mans head. Could not be more disappointed:( I have waited so long to buy this cos of the price and I finally get my hands on a new/sealed copy and the :ass: sends it in a jiffy

Really is a great looking steel, was gonna buy iron man 2 next but I feel like I don't really have the first one as its dented, need to buy it again but it was hard enough justifying the first purchase let alone buying another one:(

From my experience u still should be refunded (seller or royal mail) best way if seller make complain via royal mail but to be clear it was his fault also. Feel sorry for you mate

Open a case with paypal. It's his fault for not packaging properly and he should not just get away with it

Very gutted for you chunk. Go with suggestions here and file an action with ebay/paypal, it can't do any harm.

This is exactly why I try and avoid buying from ebay, it's such a big risk, especially with steelbooks.

Reactions: chunk
Chunk - the way I see it is that the seller will probably be making a decent profit if you paid around the current going rate, so for them to skimp and send in a jiffy bag for the sake of saving £3 I would say they were only thinking of themselves during that whole transaction.

It only costs £4.10 1st class recorded in a decent sized box and, even if they didn't offer that postage option, most people would have done the decent thing and packaged it accordingly.

Therefore I wouldn't have too much sympathy for them and would suggest you raise the claim against them. It is their duty to get the item to you as sold, so any issues that occur during posting are for the seller to pick up with the courier. Sucks for the seller but that's the rules. So they would need to refund you straight away and deal with all that themselves.

Hope you get it sorted without too much stress bud ;)

Reactions: chunk and harry
I'm gutted for you man. That can't be fair. Surely Royal Mail must be liable for some kind of refund?

I'm praying mine arrives safely now! Seller has had good comms and his feedback is littered with "well packaged" comments. Fingers crossed.

Thank you fellow ninjas for all your comments and support,

Romo, my fingers are crossed that your iron man turns up mint, just for peace of mind it might be an idea to drop the seller an email and ask them how it was packaged when sent. I've bought quite a few SB's from ebay and most are packaged well.. had about 8 total sent in jiffy bags that have arrived dented, now I always email the seller and ask them to put a little card around the SB etc.. funny though that with this iron man sb I didn't send an email about packaging because I saw that this particulal seller had 100% feedback and were selling lots of SB's so I assumed they'd package it well. . Silly me lol.
When I emailed the seller back after they refused me a refund having said, basically its not their fault or problem, I replied with..I assumed they were a fellow collector to even own the iron man title and should know how delicate they are, therefore they should package it accordinly..I also made a comment that you wouldn't put a drinking glass in a jiffy bag and expect it to arrive intact?? they replied with, I am a collector and have sent all my steelbook's in jiffy bags and have not had a single complaintEEK! I can not believe that:hilarious:

Let us know when your copy arrives safe, really is a lovely steelbook. :scat:

Reactions: Romo2Bryant
From my experience u still should be refunded (seller or royal mail) best way if seller make complain via royal mail but to be clear it was his fault also. Feel sorry for you mate

Thanks morfeusz.

I don't think theres anything I can do now as I've unsealed it??, I thought at the time that as I was refused a refund I could live with the little ding on the front and I just really hoped that the back had escaped damage.. which sadly it hadn't. . Much worse than the little ding. The seller was so rude that I didn't feel like I wanted to deal with them anymore, but I do now.. quite annoyed at their whole attitude towards the sale although I'm sure it's too late. I will be knocking down their 100% feedback level:D

Status
Not open for further replies.