I Saw The Devil (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
image1.JPG

Release Date : October 27, 2014
Links: 2 Disc Edition (Theatrical Cut / International Cut)
- PET Full Slip Version (Print run for international : 800 copies) - $39.80 Sold Out
- PAPER Full Slip Version (Print run for international : 500 copies) - $38.80 Sold out
- 1/4 Slip Version (Print run for international : 400 copies) - $37.80Sold out

Plain Archive is excited to announce the release of I Saw The Devil Steelbook. We've been asked by Blue Kino, another Korean Blu-ray company to design the Steelbook edition which will be PLAIN ARCHIVE's exclusive.
We were hoping to release the world's first Steelbook edition of I Saw The Devil, but Zavvi announced its own before we could. The news made us reconsider the project, but with director Kim Jee-woon's support, we couldn't drop it.
I Saw The Devil Steelbook will be released under the approval of director Kim, and we are working on the artwork as we speak.
Best Regards
PLAIN ARCHIVE

istd.png

* PET Full Slip Version // * PAPER Full Slip Version // * 1/4 Slip Version
ISTD_PET_FULLSLIP.jpg ISTD_PAPER_FULLSLIP.jpg ISTD_PET_14SLIP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
just read the OP info... thanks that Kim Jee-woon supports PA to go forward... couldn't wait to see the artwork... gloss please please please!!!

*how come we didn't get any progress on ZDT at all...?

I`m talking about the Picture in the OP-looks almost as boring as "The Wrestler"- bought that one because the Pics looked really awesome-but as soon as i had it in Hand-i sold it right away.So,as i said-easy pass.:thumbs:

That is just a teaser poster, it's not the final artwork.:thumbs:

I hope Plain Archive makes another edition with just a slipcover or a digipak instead of a steelbook but if they don't I hope they at least add a full slip to this release. Then I might pick it up.

My prayers been answered, who's better than Korea to release a Korean film in a luxurious steelbook packaging, if not KimchiDVD it's PA!! thanks god & U for that and please keep those Korean films coming in your exclusive line, there are lots of worthy classic titles out there deserves this quality treatment, don't get me started haha :D ;)

i hope they know what theyre doing, because this might be even harder to sell than wrestler..

why would a popular and acclaimed Korean film be hard to sell to Koreans? The international sales will be a bonus to them.

if anything, zavvi will have a hard job selling their edition. especially when they will have plain archives superior version to compete with.

Reactions: Marina Blue
They also sold their full contingent of The Wrestler allocated to Korea, which was half the print run, about a month ago. This company will grow and grow and steels like tis one will become highly sought after.

Nobody is telling Blufans that Farewell My Concubine might be difficult to shift

Reactions: IRON MAN
This is awesome news! I didn't bother with the terrible Zavvi artwork. The Wrestler is the most meticulously crafted steelbook release I've ever seen (not just design but by letting buyers know EXACTLY what they're getting well before release). I Saw the Devil is a masterpiece and the fact that it's from Plain Archive and is director-approved makes this the definitive home video release!

Here are my wishes:

-Gloss finish
-Color inside artwork
-Both cuts of the film
-English subtitles
-A regular-sized slipbox instead of the thicker one (due to the booklet) that came with The Wrestler. But if not then a 1/4 slip option.
-I'm sure Plain Archive will come up with a beautiful design either way but I'd be happy to see artwork based on one of these three posters:

http://www.impawards.com/intl/south_korea/2010/akmareul_boattda_ver9.html

ISTDmondo-sm.jpg

sawdevil.jpg

Me too buddy :LOL:

Also Zero Dark Thirty . ;)

I'm excited about that one too, but more so about I Saw the Devil. :scat:

I'm equally excited for both. (Kathryn Bigelow is awesome. ZDT was my favorite from the 2013 Oscar Best Picture nominees. And I Saw the Devil is one of those movies that just hasn't had the special treatment it deserves--until now.)

Reactions: harry and Troll2Fan