I Saw The Devil (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
image1.JPG

Release Date : October 27, 2014
Links: 2 Disc Edition (Theatrical Cut / International Cut)
- PET Full Slip Version (Print run for international : 800 copies) - $39.80 Sold Out
- PAPER Full Slip Version (Print run for international : 500 copies) - $38.80 Sold out
- 1/4 Slip Version (Print run for international : 400 copies) - $37.80Sold out

Plain Archive is excited to announce the release of I Saw The Devil Steelbook. We've been asked by Blue Kino, another Korean Blu-ray company to design the Steelbook edition which will be PLAIN ARCHIVE's exclusive.
We were hoping to release the world's first Steelbook edition of I Saw The Devil, but Zavvi announced its own before we could. The news made us reconsider the project, but with director Kim Jee-woon's support, we couldn't drop it.
I Saw The Devil Steelbook will be released under the approval of director Kim, and we are working on the artwork as we speak.
Best Regards
PLAIN ARCHIVE

istd.png

* PET Full Slip Version // * PAPER Full Slip Version // * 1/4 Slip Version
ISTD_PET_FULLSLIP.jpg ISTD_PAPER_FULLSLIP.jpg ISTD_PET_14SLIP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm equally excited for both. (Kathryn Bigelow is awesome. ZDT was my favorite from the 2013 Oscar Best Picture nominees. And I Saw the Devil is one of those movies that just hasn't had the special treatment it deserves--until now.)

I agree on both counts. I've always been surprised that Devil was ignored while so many other titles were given the steel treatment. I expected Kimchi to break the mold, but I was wrong.

Reactions: Marina Blue
Really surprises me, but shouldn't, how so many people are so ready to kick Zavvi in the teeth every time some Asian company comes out with some vastly overpriced steelbook, and lap up the latter like it's ambrosia!

It's NOT - it's just another steelbook with a potentially slightly better finish at a vastly inflated price. Get over it.

'Nuff said! :)

Reactions: SeeWizZ and ben6212
Really surprises me, but shouldn't, how so many people are so ready to kick Zavvi in the teeth every time some Asian company comes out with some vastly overpriced steelbook, and lap up the latter like it's ambrosia!

It's NOT - it's just another steelbook with a potentially slightly better finish at a vastly inflated price. Get over it.

Completly agree. Any anyone who says overwise acording to them is the devil.

Reactions: JackRegan

You clearly don't have the wrestler PA steelbook.... nuff said

The first Plain Archive steelbook was $34.99 for the 1/4 slip and $35.99 for the full slip, both including booklet and art cards. That's approx. £21, £3 more than the bog standard, bad finish, black and white interior Zavvi steels.

How is that overpriced?

The first Plain Archive steelbook was $34.99 for the 1/4 slip and $35.99 for the full slip, both including booklet and art cards. That's approx. £21, £3 more than the bog standard, bad finish, black and white interior Zavvi steels.

How is that overpriced?

When you factor in postage costs and potential customs charges, it's a lot more than £3. I personally think that £21 for a back catalogue title is overpriced regardless of which retailer is releasing it.

When you factor in postage costs and potential customs charges, it's a lot more than £3. I personally think that £21 for a back catalogue title is overpriced regardless of which retailer is releasing it.

But Plain Archive aren't profiting off the shipping and customers charges, so they are a non factor... If you choose to buy abroad you pay more in shipping.

Anything new coming out of Zavvi or Amazon etc is more expensive than £21 more often than not.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything, don't like the prices, go back to amarays

But Plain Archive aren't profiting off the shipping and customers charges, so they are a non factor... If you choose to buy abroad you pay more in shipping.

Anything new coming out of Zavvi or Amazon etc is more expensive than £21 more often than not.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything, don't like the prices, go back to amarays
1. Idc if they are profiting or not its still a factor.
2. Yes NEW releases. NEW movies. The wrestler is not a new movie

1. Idc if they are profiting or not its still a factor.
2. Yes NEW releases. NEW movies. The wrestler is not a new movie

Congratulations, next on stating the f@&£ing obvious...

If you read my previous comment, I was stating that they are charging £3 more than zavvi for catalogue titles, not that this was a new release, and that zavvi and amazon were then charging in excess of this for new titles. On top, PA, Blufans, Kimchi etc are including better finishes, wea, art cards, booklets and full slips.

As I say, if you can't afford it, get a new hobby.

Reactions: SeeWizZ

Gimme a break. Seriously? :rolleyes: Zavvi charges $20.99 for matte single disc 1/3 blank joke of a slip, bare bones no goodies steelbooks all the time. And then they ship the item that YOU paid money for in ridiculously inadequate packaging and follow up with very poor customer service.

Anybody think that there is even the slightest chance on this planet or any other than you could make a better or comparable steelbook package of The Wrestler and sell it worldwide for less than $34.99?

Didn't think so.

That's wayyyyyyyyyy less than Blufans, and for same quality product, catalogue or not.

Last edited:
Gimme a break. Seriously? :roll eyes: Zavvi charges $20.99 for matte single disc 1/3 blank joke of a slip, bare bones no goodies steelbooks all the time. And then they ship the item that YOU paid money for in ridiculously inadequate packaging and follow up with very poor customer service.

Anybody think that there is even the slightest chance on this planet or any other than you could make a better or comparable steelbook package of The Wrestler and sell it worldwide for less than $34.99?

Didn't think so.

That's wayyyyyyyyyy less than Blufans, and for same quality product, catalogue or not.

It's nice that some people get it haha

This PA release has nothing to do with Zavvi, so let's move on please as this debate is going nowhere fast

Surely when 2 companies are planning on releasing the same film on completely different steels, rather than just a different j-card, the above is actually what this forum is here for. Or do we just have to praise the individual retailers and not say anything bad?

Folks some of these posts are creating personal aggression that is not cool at HDN. Please keep this thread on the release at hand, and take any further one on one disagreements to PM messages so all thread readers are not involved in an argument involving a few. Thanks.

::: HDN Staff/Community Manager :::

But hes being anti zavvi in his post....

I have nothing against Zavvi. Personally I don't do a lot if any business with them and never had anyway. That said my point was if you are happy with the UK release then that's cool. As I was trying to say Korean pricing is not comparable to UK pricing. Pricing is in line with other Korean releases steelbook or not. And ultimately tracked shipping is quite fair. £6.55 for tracked international shipping is quite fair

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Hey guys-the multiple releases by multiple companies in different territories is a good thing for consumers-there are more choices and different price points/options created by a variety of factors. Choosing one edition over another for whatever reason is of course any individual collector's choice. However, as members of the HDN community there are a few guidelines we ask you to respect-including respect for each other. The personal attacks and condescending rudeness towards each other is not conducive to a friendly atmosphere, and we're not interested in encouraging such crudeness on this site. We are all here to appreciate and share our thoughts about the various releases, but some if the insults are simply unnecessary. Thanks in advance for respecting the community vibe that exists here , and this friendly reminder to dial down the personal aggressiveness. Thanks.

I have nothing against Zavvi. Personally I don't do a lot if any business with them and never had anyway. That said my point was if you are happy with the UK release then that's cool. As I was trying to say Korean pricing is not comparable to UK pricing. Pricing is in line with other Korean releases steelbook or not. And ultimately tracked shipping is quite fair. £6.55 for tracked international shipping is quite fair
was not referring to you buddy :D

Reactions: frankfish44
Hey guys-the multiple releases by multiple companies in different territories is a good thing for consumers-there are more choices and different price points/options created by a variety of factors. Choosing one edition over another for whatever reason is of course any individual collector's choice. However, as members of the HDN community there are a few guidelines we ask you to respect-including respect for each other. The personal attacks and condescending rudeness towards each other is not conducive to a friendly atmosphere, and we're not interested in encouraging such crudeness on this site. We are all here to appreciate and share our thoughts about the various releases, but some if the insults are simply unnecessary. Thanks in advance for respecting the community vibe that exists here , and this friendly reminder to dial down the personal aggressiveness. Thanks.

Thanks for that, DB. I don't post a lot, but I read A LOT. The back and forth in this thread (and others) gets old and is off putting.