The Walking Dead Action Figures - Insider Chat

Antman

Steelbook Avenger
Premium Supporter
Feb 26, 2011
Lincolnshire, UK
This thread is dedicated to talking about the McFarlane "The Walking Dead" figures (and statues). There's someone very well connected in this thread. ;)

Purchase here

Intro.jpg

This Fall The Walking Dead comes to the toy store with McFarlane Toys action figures of Rick Grimes, Daryl Dixon, Zombie Biter and Zombie Walker. Available for purchase November 2011.

http://blogs.amctv.com/photo-galleries/the-walking-dead-mcfarlane-action-figures/intro.php

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHA - I worked on these.... I actually went in to NYC to scan Norman Reedus' head for the figure. Very cool guy.

Reactions: Bluprint
Now that they are out there on the shelves (Finally!), i thought I'd post a pic of me & norman. I gave him a rough digital output of this raw head scan - the one that we later used to create the portrait for the Daryl Dixon action figure.

305111_227500367312045_100001562516614_669949_262955647_n.jpg

We'll be starting on series 2 soon! (and a special something else for the Walking Dead fans...)

Teasers for Series 2:

From Geekrest.com:
While no new action figures have yet to go on display at this weeks 2012 Toy Fair in NYC, McFarlane Toys did manage to reveal the identities of a few of the new figures that will be shipping with Series 2.
Mind you, this line of action figures is based on the television series seen on AMC and do not include any figures based on the Image comic books. The second series of action figures, expected to arrive on store shelves this October, will feature 5 new figures that include a second version of Rick Grimes, the “bicycle girl” (seen in episode 1 and web series), Shane Walsh, the “RV” zombie, and the classic “well” zombie.

the_walking_dead_action_figures_series_2_nytf1.jpg

the_walking_dead_action_figures_series_2_nytf2.jpg

We are finishing up with all 5 sculpts this week/next week for series 2 of the Walking Dead TV figures. I gotta say, these are awesome. I like these a hell of a lot more than series 1 or the comic series. The Bicycle Girl and Well Zombie are fantastic!

Reactions: Wreck and ocielz
Will you guys ever do like PREMIUM Walking Dead figs? I've seen some in some stores but they were the cheapies and I'd rather get great quality from some premium ones.

Or maybe I just dont know how many diff ones you guys make.

Will you guys ever do like PREMIUM Walking Dead figs? I've seen some in some stores but they were the cheapies and I'd rather get great quality from some premium ones.

Or maybe I just dont know how many diff ones you guys make.

Yeah, those are the only ones we are currently doing. There are talks about us doing a more premium style figure (like our older style), but this is what the accounts are demanding now. For some reason, which I don't really agree with, the buyers (ToysRUs, Target, Walmart, etc.) tell us that they are only interested in highly articulated, 5" figures.

I'd love to do the larger figures, 12" figs, as well as cold cast statues...... we shall see. :naughty:

The 5" Darryl figure appears to be sold out for the first wave (at least from some online retailers I was looking a this morning).

I was thinking if it was cheap enough, I'd grab one for my wife as she's a huge Darryl fan.

Some guys on another board I go on once in a while are working on some custom 12" figures on their own.

They just finished up a promo Rick sculpt and I think it looks OK. :naughty:

RickGrimesWIP.jpg

I like the ones in the OP .... see, the only Walking Dead figs I see around here are like only 2" or 3" very small.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

ps. that head sculpt looks amazing Andy.

Can't wait to check them out:D need to get the first wave:D

I agree....I still need to get the 1st Series myself, but I have not seen them in stores. Where would be the best place to pick them up. I know my Target or Walmart don't have them. I thought ToysRus was not carrying this kind of item. My Comic Book store didn't have any either. I guess Online will be my guess. :rolleyes: