Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 562
Last edited by a moderator:
I not got red carpert as I'm based in Rep of Ireland
Zavvi website has in regards to red carpet they will send a email reminder closer to renewal date might be option in that email to cancel but that just a guess on my part
That's surprising if so, because I remember when I signed up to their Zbox sub they auto-renewed it without any warning/email.

Not gonna wait around to found out anyway... I'll just bug them with messages until I get a proper response lol.

Appreciate you trying to help. :thumbs:

• Haha
Reactions: paulboland
Another 3 releases that I won't get from Zavvi because the packages 'got lost' or returned to Zavvi. I sincerely wish that Zavvi was NOT the store to get all these exclusives... I'm so ******* tired of this horrendous support that doesn't do a single thing to actually support you but rather just makes you pissed off altogether.

Reactions: BluSteel2012

WaxWeazle

Premium Supporter

Today at 9:24 AM
Another 3 releases that I won't get from Zavvi because the packages 'got lost' or returned to Zavvi. I sincerely wish that Zavvi was NOT the store to get all these exclusives... I'm so ******* tired of this horrendous support that doesn't do a single thing to actually support you but rather just makes you pissed off altogether.

The word "exclusive" seems to be a very misrepresented word when it comes to zavvi. I remember one of their mystery boxes and made the joke that it would be Howard the Duck simply because I sat down and asked what is the worst piece of **** they could fob off on the public. I was right.....

The word "exclusive" seems to be a very misrepresented word when it comes to Zavvi. I remember one of their mystery boxes and made the joke that it would be Howard the Duck simply because I sat down and asked what is the worst piece of **** they could fob off on the public. I was right.....
Oh I am aware of that, but sadly enough, they get a lot of English versions of steelbooks I want. I'm not interested in weird german or french versions and as much as I am trying to find other stores, Zavvi is one of the only ones I can find that has good English steelbooks that deliver to me. HMV is one of those that I would order from more too if I could but they have this ridiculous rule of not delivering outside of the UK, so there's that. And I try to order steels through Amazon where I can.

In fairness they do have a lot of exclusives you can't get anywhere else. For example some Marvel and Disney ones to name but a few.....

Then they have periodical exclusives like say Kong Skull Island 4K and Unbreakable etc....

I’ve not seen it mentioned in a while and I’ve never had to ask but are we able to change addresses on Zavvi orders? or is it still a medieval system. I can’t see it on orders but maybe it’s a email thing?

Basically I don’t know where I’ll be living in the next few months. The family member I live with has put the house up for sale, put a deposit on a new place quite far away from where I am and I’ve been told I’m not allowed to go with them!
So I’m currently looking for a place and if worst comes to worst I’ll be cancelling everything anyway and dropping out the game for a while. Hopefully I can find somewhere before then but depending on how quick all this happens I might be sofa surfing for a while and putting all my stuff in storage and putting other priories as a focus. Fun times ahead

If It comes to that then I’ll be cancelling all my orders anyway (With all retailers) and most likely drop off this site for a while but I’m hoping to find somewhere before it gets to that.

I’m assuming you still can’t change addresses and it’s just a case of reordering items?

I’ve not seen it mentioned in a while and I’ve never had to ask but are we able to change addresses on Zavvi orders? or is it still a medieval system. I can’t see it on orders but maybe it’s a email thing?

Basically I don’t know where I’ll be living in the next few months. The family member I live with has put the house up for sale, put a deposit on a new place quite far away from where I am and I’ve been told I’m not allowed to go with them!
So I’m currently looking for a place and if worst comes to worst I’ll be cancelling everything anyway and dropping out the game for a while. Hopefully I can find somewhere before then but depending on how quick all this happens I might be sofa surfing for a while and putting all my stuff in storage and putting other priories as a focus. Fun times ahead

If It comes to that then I’ll be cancelling all my orders anyway (With all retailers) and most likely drop off this site for a while but I’m hoping to find somewhere before it gets to that.

I’m assuming you still can’t change addresses and it’s just a case of reordering items?
It's stll the same you can't change your shipping address with any existing order done.

You still have to do a new order with new delivery address

You could use royal mail redirect service if there are orders you prefer not to cancel

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
It's stll the same you can't change your shipping address with any existing order done.

You still have to a new order with new delivery address

You could use royal mail redirect service if there are orders you prefer not to cancel

cheers Paul

tbh I’ll need to cancel stuff because I have no idea where I’ll be living and that’s my priority at the moment.
but I was thinking and depending on how long it takes me, that maybe I can cancel a month or 2 worth of pre orders (which isn’t many for me apart from October) and then when I’m sorted and settled then keep anything I have on order with them after that and change the address.

but I think unfortunately ill just cancel everything because sorting out a new place to live is far more important at the moment.

cheers tho Paul

cheers Paul

tbh I’ll need to cancel stuff because I have no idea where I’ll be living and that’s my priority at the moment.
but I was thinking and depending on how long it takes me, that maybe I can cancel a month or 2 worth of pre orders (which isn’t many for me apart from October) and then when I’m sorted and settled then keep anything I have on order with them after that and change the address.

but I think unfortunately ill just cancel everything because sorting out a new place to live is far more important at the moment.

cheers tho Paul
i have been in similar positions a few times in my life. the very best of luck to you on finding a new homestead. :thumbs:

i have been in similar positions a few times in my life. the very best of luck to you on finding a new homestead. :thumbs:

Thanks. Literally up until the other day i thought I was moving with them. They’ve picked the right year to do this sh!t

the annoying thing is I’m on this site everyday. It’s one of the first things I check in the morning when I wake and the the last thing i check before I go to bed. And the million times in between. So it’s trying to not be on here much at the moment thats hard too. As sad as that sounds

Guys, I had issues with login to my Zavvi account today - UK site to be specific. It said that password is not okay anymore. I have reset it and once I logged in I was only able to see ONLY orders from GERMAN Zavvi in EUR from long time ago when I used German site. Whatever I do it keeps giving me the same order list and I no longer I can see my numerous orders I still have on UK account. I tried to change the country, currency back and forth to GBP and UK and then I did a test order. Now I see this new order plus those German orders. New order is in GBP and other three from German ZAVVI are in EUR. Totally weird. Tried other browsers, incognito mode etc. Can anyone help me here? @paulboland do you know who I can contact to get this fixed?
Thanks

T

Reactions: Bunk

Oh man, sorry to hear that! Chin up, you will find something awesome soon! :)

Guys, I had issues with login to my Zavvi account today - UK site to be specific. It said that password is not okay anymore. I have reset it and once I logged in I was only able to see ONLY orders from GERMAN Zavvi in EUR from long time ago when I used German site. Whatever I do it keeps giving me the same order list and I no longer I can see my numerous orders I still have on UK account. I tried to change the country, currency back and forth to GBP and UK and then I did a test order. Now I see this new order plus those German orders. New order is in GBP and other three from German ZAVVI are in EUR. Totally weird. Tried other browsers, incognito mode etc. Can anyone help me here? @paulboland do you know who I can contact to get this fixed?

I have the same issue, on Zavvi UK I'm only seeing my orders made on the German website, it's very odd. I'm also interested if anyone knows why this is happening and how it can be resolved :)

Same has happened with me
When I login Zavvi UK website I'm only seeing order history for Zavvi Germany

The same happens if I login for Zavvi USA

My Zavvi UK order history is not showing or previous message history

@BluSteel2012
Check your Zavvi UK its looks to be affecting lots of customers

I'm having trouble at the moment with a couple of orders which were preorders from some time back. Fifth Element and Creepshow 2.

Both were pre-ordered on the day it was live and I know that The Fifth element has been back in stock since, Creepshow sold out pretty quickly.

Creepshow 2 I already have a copy from Amazon but would have liked another so I could open one up and keep the other sealed and if I'm honest I totally forgot that I had one on preorder from Zavvi until I checked few my orders a while back but The Fifth Element I'm a little pissed over the fact that I don't seem to get any sort of answer regarding it then it keeps popping back up in stock :cautious:

Is this likely that these orders will never be honoured @paulboland :wow: I really do not hope that this is the case with both?

Also, Mate, I hope you sort something out soon for yourself :thumbs: @Flloydo

Reactions: Flloydo
Oh man, sorry to hear that! Chin up, you will find something awesome soon! :)

I'm having trouble at the moment with a couple of orders which were preorders from some time back. Fifth Element and Creepshow 2.

Both were pre-ordered on the day it was live and I know that The Fifth element has been back in stock since, Creepshow sold out pretty quickly.

Creepshow 2 I already have a copy from Amazon but would have liked another so I could open one up and keep the other sealed and if I'm honest I totally forgot that I had one on preorder from Zavvi until I checked few my orders a while back but The Fifth Element I'm a little pissed over the fact that I don't seem to get any sort of answer regarding it then it keeps popping back up in stock :cautious:

Is this likely that these orders will never be honoured @paulboland :wow: I really do not hope that this is the case with both?

Also, Mate, I hope you sort something out soon for yourself :thumbs: @Flloydo

thanks guys. I’m in a right bit of a catch 22 at the mo Because I’m out of work. So I can’t afford my own place just yet. I’m trying to stay away from the site too but the site is also my happy place so it’s not as easy. Plus I like the company and banter. Cheers tho

Reactions: Robles
Same has happened with me
When I login Zavvi UK website I'm only seeing order history for Zavvi Germany

The same happens if I login for Zavvi USA

My Zavvi UK order history is not showing or previous message history

@BluSteel2012
Check your Zavvi UK its looks to be affecting lots of customers
I've given up trying to figure out Zavvi a long time ago.

If you go on the UK site you can order certain items (for example both Dawn of the Dead box sets 4k and BD, and the upcoming The Strangers)
Switch over to the U.S. site and all you can see is the BD edition of Dawn Of The Dead. The other two aren't available. I don't know if it's a Capelight rights issue. But If you're in the U.S. and want to either of those all you have to do is use Amazon. Or switch over to GBP currency on the Zavvi site!! :rolleyes:

Order from the U.S. site and shipping is free. All other sites charge shipping. Make no sense. :confused:
Why are Zavvi complicating everything with all these different sites? Surely everything would be easier under the umbrella of one site?

No wonder CS never have a clue what's going on.......

Reactions: Stygian