Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 562
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I had a few Zavvi orders where is was not dispatched until 4-5 days after payment was taken

I also have had with Amazon dispatch of my order 2 weeks after my debit card was charged

Some customers will see delays In dispatch times and delivery times and some wont or only see slight delay this is normal due to what's happening at the moment
Indeed, this behavior for Amazon (ESPECIALLY France and Italy) I know well, unfortunately. :(
It's interesting how QUICK they all are to get the money, but NOT so quick to dispatch, DESPITE their own statements that they take money only at the dispatch time!
And now they just have one good reason to "throw the blame" for this!

Reactions: paulboland
Indeed, this behavior for Amazon (ESPECIALLY France and Italy) I know well, unfortunately. :(
It's interesting how QUICK they all are to get the money, but NOT so quick to dispatch, DESPITE their own statements that they take money only at the dispatch time!
And now they just have one good reason to "throw the blame" for this!
Amazon reason is because they have prioritised essential goods over non essential goods

This changes daily and is why estimated delivery date in your orders changes a few times

France goverment have instructed retailers to process essential goods over non essential until may 5th
Amazon France warehouses are closed for next 5 days due to france courts instructions

A Blu-ray disc is not essential goods
Food and medicine and health products essential goods

Amazon reason is because they have prioritised essential goods over non essential goods

This changes daily and is why estimated delivery date in your orders changes a few times

France goverment have instructed retailers to process essential goods over non essential until may 5th
Amazon France warehouses are closed for next 5 days due to france courts instructions

A Blu-ray disc is not essential goods
Food and medicine and health products essential goods
Oh no, what I said was ALL about orders WAAY before "pandemic".
Actually, this order I placed on 13 April to Zavvi is my first in "those times".

Please don't get me wrong, I think it is completely understandable and normal and surely good thing to have the essentials prioritised, although this does not make it OK for taking money so long before for ANY order; unless they are in the process of changing "their way", as is for example Zoom way with pre-orders (that take the money right away at the order moment).

Oh no, what I said was ALL about orders WAAY before "pandemic".
Actually, this order I placed on 13 April to Zavvi is my first in "those times".

Please don't get me wrong, I think it is completely understandable and normal and surely good thing to have the essentials prioritised, although this does not make it OK for taking money so long before for ANY order; unless they are in the process of changing "their way", as is for example Zoom way with pre-orders (that take the money right away at the order moment).
What's happening with Amazon and some other retailers is they have delays in dispatching orders due to postal carrier collection times changing on a daily basis

Amazon also have new orders every day for essential goods this affects planned dispatch of non essential goods

Amazon send payment request to bank once your order has started process for dispatch you will have some orders be dispatched as normal but some will be delayed
It's still the same as usual 1-3 days before release date with Amazon payment process starts what changing is the dispatch times

The estimated delivery times you see in your order can be as listed or change to be longer timeframe or be dispatched earlier resulting in quicker than estimated delivery date or longer timeframe

With Amazon actual payment is not taken until despatched that has not changed.
You may see a pending transaction drop off due to your order not completed
When that happens Amazon re submit payment request to your bank

I had lots of pending transaction from amazon drop off and then be re done again by amazon due to estimated delivery date changing a few times

You do need to check your bank balance more regularly than usual as payment may have dropped off and not actually had payment taken yet

Reactions: Felix_ro
Anyone know if Zavvi allow you to make changes to your orders yet? I have a card expiring and potential address changes on the way. Last time I asked their customer service about it a couple of years ago, they just cancelled my order.

Anyone know if Zavvi allow you to make changes to your orders yet? I have a card expiring and potential address changes on the way. Last time I asked their customer service about it a couple of years ago, they just cancelled my order.

Can't you just add new card ? I have had multiple cards in my account.

zavvi - bad art direction.JPG

This image - sums up this company >>
They don't care.
Rubbish communication.
Rubbish price games.
Rubbish respect.

Have enjoyed avoiding them so much in the last years - after recent experiences - will enjoy avoiding them again.

There are problems with the transaction with paypal on Zavvi-preorders. They have new conditions and the free sending of money to friends etc. isn't available anymore. I tried it and had to pay fees, that probably have risen in the meantime and now it seems that Zavvi has problems with pre-orders. I hope hey cancel it, what is not so easy when it is already dispatched.

Reactions: Felix_ro

Don't worry about it. What happens is you get an email saying they can't update your order. Happened to me a few weeks back because I'd pre-ordered something in February and my card had expired. You then go to your order and it's ask you to resolve the issue. New car,d, whatever. Done and dusted. So you don't loose your order and I assume there is a time limiit before they cancel your order.

I've still got stuff on order from them for over a month now and no real response to what's happening with the stuff, i just get the usual BS emails from them.

When I do get a delivery from them for a long-overdue Limited edition order, I get it in a ******* jiffy bag :cautious::OMG: WTF Guys...

Luckily there was no damage to the Bluray but how not is beyond me.

AT this piont in time, keep your Red carpet crap.....