Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 556
Last edited by a moderator:
Also, forgot to mention... if you remove a card that holds pre-orders, then it will cancel them. So best to wait for that email I mentioned above.
Oops, too late. Already did that expecting to be able to add a new card.

My only pre order is The Fifth Element Everything Blu!

Damn. I better email them asap. That'll never come back into stock if they cancel it.

Impossible to change payment and shipping address on preorders. The only way to change card is if the current one becomes invalid.
Total BS

Impossible to change payment and shipping address on preorders. The only way to change card is if the current one becomes invalid.
Total BS
Absolutely garbage and shouldn't be tolerated. There's no rhyme nor reason they can't do this. There's a atmosphere of shadiness that covers Zavvi, I swear. It's about 28 years since internet shopping became available!
Shambles.

Absolutely garbage and shouldn't be tolerated. There's no rhyme nor reason they can't do this. There's a atmosphere of shadiness that covers Zavvi, I swear. It's about 28 years since internet shopping became available!
Shambles.
It's not just Zavvi some other retailers in UK and some retailers in other countries do the same you cant change payment method on a pre order

HMV you cant change payment method on pre orders but only can update delivery address
HMV will tell you to cancel order and do a new order if you need to use a different payment method

Note in regards to Zavvi
If debit or credit card fails you get a failed payment email with option then to update payment method using the link provided in the email
You have to wait for payment to fail to get the failed payment email

And still NO WORD on why Zavvi cancelled some countries from shipping list. Clearly some ppl are too busy for that while they have plenty of time for other stuff here on forum.
Pathetic.

Last edited:
Trying to put an order through on the main site, but my country is suddenly gone from the drop down menu. Support telling me to refresh the page as they do ship to my country and it shows on the help pages that they do, and then they tell me that the items are excluded due to licensing, but eveything else I try is also not working, not sure what's going on now and what to believe. Very annoying.

After years of buying from Australia, Zavvi won't let me buy direct from their website any more. I now have to use the Australian version which is at least double the UK price, which seemed very wrong. I emailed them, and basically in their words: "bad luck".

They've now lost me as a customer, and I know they won't lose a wink of sleep over it, which really annoys me.

I now have to use the Australian version which is at least double the UK price, which seemed very wrong.
Just had a look at the AUS site, OMG, apart from a few general pre-orders, most of the good stuff that is still available on their main site, is SOLD OUT on the AUS site. Terrible stock selection and no Wish List functionality even, what are they thinking?!

Reactions: Tori10
ZAVVI have removed the movie section from ZAVVI Spain, Japan, NZ and yes....AUSTRALIA. This is a complete joke. Their offshore support have no idea what I am talking about.
I noticed this a few days ago

Set Region & Language to United Kingdom instead

Screenshot (389).png

Screenshot (390).png

Exception
Australia and New Zealand though you will not see the option to set to United Kingdom

Zavvi messed up Zavvi UK website and other Zavvi regional websites this morning
Earlier his morning you still had the option in setting regional and language to United Kingdom and shipping to outside UK and do an order from Zavvi UK website if you had a delivery address based outside UK

Now if shipping set to outside UK you can't change regional and language to United Kingdom

This now means there is no option to order DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases from Zavvi UK/Zavvi Ireland/Italy/France/Germany etc etc if delivery address is based outside UK
At checkout there is only UK Delivery option available

Zavvi EU websites not even listing DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases

I sent a private message to Zavvi on twitter awaiting there reply as to when will be fixed

Zavvi told me they are looking into the issue in regards to DVD/Blu-ray/UHD not having option to order if delivery address outside UK
They are aware

Zavvi replied to me the following

Hi, you may have noticed a few changes to some of our Zavvi stores and the removal of various products across certain locales.
We are sorry for any disappointment caused by this
We do have some exciting plans for Zavvi that we can't wait to share with you in the future!

In regards to Zavvi reply to me
Not sure what exciting plans in the future will mean

I imagine this is a business decision due to high return/defect/ damage rate making the business case for international selling difficult. Or, I could be completely off and it’s because distributors only want them exclusives sold in specific geographies.