Sony Catalog Wave (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date: November 23, 2014
Price: $14.99
Units: 800 per title (some exceptions)
Group Buy: Drum18 or biscuitnoir
Notes: 14 titles total, NO Inside art
Article with PICS: https://www.hidefninja.com/2014/11/16/sony-pop-art-steelbook-wave-at-futureshop/

Best Buy USA have this wave but in larger quantities.
1-7-jpg.105244

8-14-jpg.105245
Titles:
Das Boot
Desperado
District 9
Dr Strangelove
Easy Rider- 100 units only (WEB ONLY) SOLD-OUT!
Kung Fu Hustle
Leon the Professional
Snatch
Stripes- 100 Units only (WEB ONLY) SOLD-OUT!
Superbad
Taxi Driver
The Fifth Element
The Karate Kid (1984)
Tommy

Direct purchase links:
SPINE PIC
SPA21.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Most are just repeats of the front artwork, very lazy imo.

Only one I will be getting is 5th Element.
Repeats of the front artwork? Did you want them to commission a different artist to design the back of every steel? The artwork looks really great IMO. Only bummer is the missing inside artwork.

I think these have turned out great. The art looks fantastic and the colours are really vibrant. Now I know for sure I need a full set (well, except for The Raid: Redemption). I'm even ok with the inside just being a single solid colour. It fits in with the overall design and will make the new disc art really pop when you open it up.

There is one thing that bothers me though, and that's the font used for the spines. It's really bland and doesn't compliment the rest of the art.

Reactions: Shanester
Bummer about the spines. Reminds me of the Warner Classics wave from a ways back with the fugly generic font.

Hard to consider these the "art studio" editions they're being presented as when they're so low-effort. They even went bare silver for Karate Kid, as if that steel wasn't lame enough as it is.

my preorder has not even shipped yet...
Seems like FS system has some problem... I received my shipping notification AFTER I even received/opened my shipping boxes! :p

Also... strangely, only received 7 / 14 titles. Some titles I made 2-3 orders of it and they all charged/shipped/arrived. Some titles only 1 order and still not charges/processed...

Reactions: rj531