kbr1656

Ninja Mountaineer
Premium Supporter
Mar 15, 2011
Morgantown, WV
This list is for SteelBooks only.

Asia:
icon_china.png
Star Trek: Into Darkness (3D/2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #10) [CHINA] Price TBA (Release Date TBA)

icon_china.png
Star Trek: Into Darkness (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Hong Kong] HK$375.00 September 10th

icon_japan.png
Star Trek: Into the Darkness (Blu-Ray Steelbook) w/Comic [Japan] ¥ 7,560 January 8th, 2014

icon_korea.png
Star Trek: Into Darkness (3D & 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Korea] 41,800 원 (October 1st)
0bb5.jpg

icon_taiwan.png
Star Trek: Into Darkness (3D/2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Taiwan] NT$1,120 (September 10th)

icon_taiwan.png
Star Trek: Into Darkness - Villain Edition (Possible 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook)[Taiwan] NT$1,499 (Release Date TBA)
no image available at this time

icon_thailand.png
Star Trek Into Darkness (3D + 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Thailand] 1,879.00 Baht (September 19th)

Europe:
icon_czech.png

Star Trek : Into Darkness (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Czech]
999 Kč with bonus gift or 629 Kč without bonus gift (September 11th)

icon_denmark.png
Star Trek Into Darkness (3D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Denmark] 249.95 kr (October 10th)
Preliminary coverart (according to website)
star_trek_into_darkness_limited_steelbook_3d_blu_ray_blu_ray_2_disc.jpg

icon_finland.png
Star Trek: Into Darkness (3D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Finland] €32.95 (September 18th)
picture.php

icon_france.png
Star Trek Into Darkness (3D Blu-ray SteelBook w/Phaser) [France] €70.00 (October 16th)

icon_france.png
Star Trek: Into Darkness (3D Blu-ray Steelbook) [France] €29.99 (November 1st)

icon_germany.png
Star Trek: Into Darkness (3D+2D Blu-Ray SteelBook)-Lenticular (MM Excl.) [Germany] 32€ (September 12th)
mcs_product_png

icon_germany.png
Star Trek – Into Darkness (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Mueller In-store Exclusive) [Germany] Price TBA (September 12th)

icon_germany.png
Star Trek Into Darkness 3D (Blu-ray SteelBook Starfleet Phaser Gift Set) [Germany] Price TBA (December 5th)

ninja1.png
Star Trek: Into Darkness (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Greece] 31.99€ September 19th

icon_italy.png
Star Trek/Star Trek Into Darkness (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Italy) €23.48 (September 25th)
41M58oli3DL.jpg

icon_netherlands.png
Star Trek Into Darkness (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Saturn Exclusive) [Netherlands] €19.99 (September 11th)

icon_netherlands.png
Star Trek: Into Darkness (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Netherlands] €24.99 (September 11th)
b_3120.jpg

icon_norway.png
Star Trek: Into Darkness (3D+2D Blu-Ray SteelBook) [Norway] 269NOK (September 18th)

icon_spain.png
Star Trek: Into Darkness (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Spain] €22.55 (November 6th)

icon_spain.png
Star Trek: Into the Darkness (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FNAC Exclusive) [Spain] 25,99 € (November 6th)

icon_sweden.png
Star Trek: Into Darkness (3D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Sweden] 299 kr (September 11th)
star_trek_into_darkness_limited_steelbook_3d_blu_ray_blu_ray_3_disc.jpg

icon_unitedkingdom.png
Star Trek: Into Darkness (Blu-Ray Steelbook) (Amazon.co.uk) [UK] £17.00 (September 2nd)

icon_unitedkingdom.png
Star Trek: Into Darkness (3D/2D Blu-Ray Steelbook) (Entertainment Store Excl) [UK] £24.99 (September 2nd)

icon_unitedkingdom.png
Star Trek: Into Darkness (3D/2D Villain Edition) (Entertainment Store Exclusive) [UK] £44.99 (September 2nd)

North America:
icon_canada.png
Star Trek: Into Darkness (Blu-Ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada] $24.99 (September 10th)

icon_canada.png
Star Trek: Into Darkness - Villain Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Walmart Excl)[Canada] $39.97 (September 10th)
1405776_Enlarged_1.jpeg

icon_mexico.png
Star Trek en la Obscuridad [Star Trek Into Darkness] (Blu-ray SteelBook) [México] Price TBA (September 11th)
138018.jpg

icon_unitedstates.png
Star Trek: Into Darkness (Blu-ray SteelBook)+Bonus (Walmart Exclusive)[USA] $39.96 (September 10th)
0003242914110_500X500.jpg

Oceania:
icon_australia.png
Star Trek Into Darkness (Blu-ray SteelBook) (JB Hi-Fi Exclusive) [Australia] $42.98 (September 18th)
Choice 1:
eupv.jpg

Choice 2:
57sc.jpg

08/19/13 Update: Prices added (subject to change). A big thanks to Ben for adding the prices in an earlier post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which one was that thread that let us vote on 3 possible covers? Cant seem to find it...

It was in the China thread I think - none of the artworks in there seemed to have been announced yet though, so whether they will eventually be released is anyone's guess.

Thanks for this master list It really helps. Now I just need to decide which ones I want. Im def getting walmart one but Id like to import one with different art.

Great list! :thumbs:
I like how you did it! :hilarious:

Well, I can't be as perfect as you Drum. :hilarious: But I did use your previous lists as a model. :cool: I tried to explain why I listed Czech and Italian version under "Other." One's not confirmed and the other is a combo. Kind of like your IM3 list shows the German DVD steel, which is different.

You should post the artworks in the OP since theres so many choices for this particular film and we can compare side by side. We have a lot of options with this one.

I would love to, but that would take up so much space, plus they are posted in the individual threads, which I linked.

As there appear to be quite a few releases popping up so I thought a list of them all might be a good idea, just give me a while to sort it out :D

kbr1656, if you want to copy the links in my post to add to yours I'll delete this to tidy things up :thumbs:

I really appreciate you putting up the UK links and adding the prices, which I didn't have either when I first posted the list. :oohyeah: I have now added both.

May be it will help us to decide faster if you can include the price for each release at the end of the link too?

Prices added courtesy of Ben.

nice ! so this makes it 4 official artwork ? the falling ship, the villian by himself, the villian in the star trek logo and the white artwork with the ship over the city ?

I don't know if the falling ship is confirmed artwork for the Saturn exclusive, but it still could happen. But you can pretty much only get it if you live in Netherlands or through a group buy.

Blufans have 3 steels, should probabley list them ;)

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Out of these i think i will get ES#1, ES$2, UK tradewide, Blufans (#1, #2, #3), and maybe FS... Thats a possible 7 steels i will get if the blufans slips are all different, but if not then only 5 :p
This is one hell of an expensive hobby... I warn all new collectors, you will go broke :hilarious:

Last edited:
Blufans have 3 steels, should probabley list them ;)

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Out of these i think i will get ES#1, ES$2, UK tradewide, Blufans (#1, #2, #3), and maybe FS... Thats a possible 7 steels i will get if the blufans slips are all different, but if not then only 5 :p
This is one hell of an expensive hobby... I warn all new collectors, you will go broke :hilarious:

Hmm - add Korea, Taiwan and I would also join a GB for Netherlands if available, so that would make possible 10 for me :D

Reactions: XXHAPPY GILMORE
Sooo anyone looking at this from a pure numbers perspective?

With all the different multi-art retailer options worldwide, and individual country releases, Star Trek: Into Darkness could have the highest overall print run for a steelbook EVER.

....kinda makes the whole "rare collectables" thing even more redundant, eh?

:movie:

Sooo anyone looking at this from a pure numbers perspective?

With all the different multi-art retailer options worldwide, and individual country releases, Star Trek: Into Darkness could have the highest overall print run for a steelbook EVER.

....kinda makes the whole "rare collectables" thing even more redundant, eh?

:movie:

If you looking for rare, the Netherlands looks like the only one with unique art, though in my opinion its the worst looking of the 4 variants. I want one that has the ship on the cover to match my original FS release, and glossy.

Last edited: