The Disney Collection (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusives) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
This thread is for the titles that have been released to date.

For a poll to share your thoughts on future releases (2015 and on) , please click here

Limited edition are limited to 4K-5K (except for The Jungle Book/Little Mermaid).

The Disney Collection link

Listing:
#35: Treasure Planet (February 8, 2016) - Buy
#??: The Princess and the Frog (October 12, 2015) - Buy
#34: Brother Bear (June 22nd, 2015) - Buy
#33: The Sword in the Stone (June 15th, 2015) - Buy
#32: The Emperor's New Groove (June 15th, 2015) - Buy
#31: Big Hero 6 (May 25th, 2015) - Buy
#30: Beauty and the Beast 3D+2D (December 15th, 2014) - Buy
#29: Tarzan (December 20th, 2014) - Buy
#28: Tangled 3D+2D (November 10th, 2014) - Buy
#27: Sleeping Beauty (December 8th, 2014) - Buy
#26: The Lion King (December 8th, 2014) - Buy
#25: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (December 15th, 2014) - Buy
#24: The Fox and The Hound (October 06th, 2014) - Buy
#23: Pocahontas (September 15th, 2014) - Buy
#22: The Rescuers (September 15th, 2014) - Buy
#21: The Aristocats (August 11th, 2014) - Buy
#20: The Hunchback of Notre Dame (August 11th, 2014) - Buy
#19: Mulan (July 21st, 2014) - Buy
#18: Hercules (July 7th, 2014) - Buy
#17: Pinocchio (July 7th, 2014) - Buy
#16: Robin Hood (June 4th, 2014) - Buy
#15: Mary Poppins (March 3rd, 2014) - Buy
#14: Cinderella (April 7th, 2014) - Buy
#13: Bambi (April 7th, 2014) - Buy
#12: Frozen (March 31st, 2014) - Buy
#11: Alice in Wonderland (May 30, 2014) - Buy
#10: 101 Dalmatians (March 10, 2014) - Buy
#09: Dumbo (February 17, 2014) - Buy
#08: Lady & the Tramp (February 17, 2014) - Buy
#07: Peter Pan (February 10, 2014) - Buy
#06: Fantasia (January 20, 2014) - Buy
#05: Planes (December 2, 2013) - Buy
#04: Wreck it Ralph (January 19th, 2014) - Buy
#03: The Little Mermaid (September 23rd, 2013) - Buy
#02: The Jungle Book (August 12, 2013) - Buy
#01: Aladdin (July 8th, 2013) - Buy

Not part of the official Zavvi's Disney Collection:

- Alice in Wonderland 3D+2D (February 22nd, 2016) - Buy
- Oz the Great and Poweful 3D+2D (May 4th, 2015) - Buy
- Frankenweenie 3D+2D (April 05th, 2015) - Buy
- Zootropolis 3D+2D (July 25th, 2016) - Buy
- Moana 3D+2D (April 3rd, 2017) - Buy

Disney Lenticular Steelbooks:

- The Rocketeer 3D+2D Lenticular (November 28th, 2016) - Buy
- Snow White Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Brave 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Toy Story 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Frozen 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Monsters, Inc 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- The Lion King 3D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Finding Nemo 3D+2D Lenticular (February 27th 2017) - Buy
- Wreck It Ralph 3D+2D Lenticular (March 6th, 2017) - Buy
- Tangled 3D+2D Lenticular (March 6th, 2017) - Buy
- Beauty and The Beast 3D+2D Lenticular (March 13th, 2017) - Buy
- Tron Legacy 2D Lenticular (March 20th, 2017) - Buy
- The Lone Ranger 2D Lenticular (March 27th, 2017) - Buy
- Fantasia Lenticular (April 10th, 2017) - Buy
- Big Hero 6 3D+2D Lenticular (April 17th, 2017) - Buy
- Lilo & Stitch Lenticular (April 17th, 2017) - Buy

- Avengers Assemble 3D+2D Lenticular (April 23rd, 2015) - Buy
- Captain America: The First Avenger 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Guardians of the Galaxy 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 2 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 3 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Thor 3D+2D Lenticular (December 14th, 2015) - Buy
- Thor: The Dark World 3D+2D Lenticular (December 14th, 2015) - Buy
- Hulk 2D Lenticular (October 10th, 2016) - Buy
- The Incredible Hulk 2D Lenticular (October 10th, 2016) - Buy
- Ant-Man 3D+2D Lenticular (October 24th, 2016) - Buy
- Avengers: Age of Ultron 3D+2D Lenticular (October 31st, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 2D Lenticular (November 7th, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 2 2D Lenticular (November 14th, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 3 2D Lenticular (November 21st, 2016) - Buy
- Captain America: Civil War 3D+2D Lenticular (October 16th, 2017) - Buy
- Doctor Stranger 3D+2D Lenticular (October 16th, 2017) - Buy

thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It seemed like Zavvi lost a lot of momentum when they started over doing the steelbook releases and jacking up the prices. They also lost respect when the Little Mermaid & Jungle Book were given ridiculous print runs.

The fact that so many disney favourites have been released is great for collectors but they could have set the release dates further apart to give us time to breath!

Zavvi, I COMMAND you to do steelbooks of the following films :mad: :
  1. The Sword in the Stone (#18, 1963).
  2. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (#22, 1977 - no UK Blu-ray yet !).
  3. The Black Cauldron (#25, 1985 - no UK Blu-ray yet !).
  4. The Great Mouse Detective (#26, 1986 - No UK Blu-ray yet !).
  5. Oliver & Company (#27, 1988).
  6. The Rescuers Down Under (#29, 1990 - No UK Blu-ray yet !).
I've seen these on VHS when I was a kid so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I think I liked them all (though I have to say I don't think I watched Sword in the Stone and Black Cauldron more than once).

And Zavvi should be doing steelbooks of the Disneys from the new millenium, too! Granted, among these 8 films I've only seen (and enjoyed) Brother Bear and Princess and the Frog, but the others don't seem that bad:
  1. The Emperor’s New Groove (#40, 2000).
  2. Atlantis – The Lost Empire (#41, 2001 - No UK Blu-ray yet !).
  3. Lilo & Stitch (#42, 2002).
  4. Treasure Planet (#43, 2002 - No UK Blu-ray yet !).
  5. Brother Bear (#44, 2003).
  6. Meet the Robinsons (#47, 2007).
  7. Bolt (#48, 2008).
  8. The Princess and the Frog (#49, 2009).
And since Zavvi would be doing all the "classics" (I don't care for Fantasia '00), they might as well do a 500-print run for Home on the Range (#45, 2004 - No UK Blu-ray yet !). and Chicken Little (#46, 2005) : I doubt many would be interested in these two titles (though ironically enough, scalpers would go all over them if they had such a low print run) but just for the sake of completion of the collection :D (though I think 500 is not feasable).

And then there are some Disney-adjacent animated films (other than the Pixars) that should get the steelbook treatment :
  1. James and the Giant Peach (would be a nice follow-up to Nightmare Before Christmas - No UK Blu-ray yet !).
  2. Dinosaur (not an animated classic in the UK, but the 8-year old me would want that steelbook :)).
  3. Winnie the Pooh (not an animated classic in the UK - No UK Blu-ray yet !).
  4. Frankenweenie (would be a nice follow-up to James and the Giant Peach :D).
Come on, Zavvi, don't give up now, please. :drool:

Last edited:
  2. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (#22, 1977).
  3. The Black Cauldron (#25, 1985).
  4. The Great Mouse Detective (#26, 1986).
  6. The Rescuers Down Under (#29, 1990).
I've seen these on VHS when I was a kid so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I think I liked them all (though I have to say I don't think I watched Sword in the Stone and Black Cauldron more than once).

And Zavvi should be doing steelbooks of the Disneys from the new millenium, too! Granted, among these 8 films I've only seen (and enjoyed) Brother Bear and Princess and the Frog, but the others don't seem that bad:
  2. Atlantis – The Lost Empire (#41, 2001).
  4. Treasure Planet (#43, 2002).
  7. Bolt (#48, 2008).
And since Zavvi would be doing all the "classics" (I don't care for Fantasia '00), they might as well do a 500-print run for Home on the Range (#45, 2004) and Chicken Little (#46, 2005) : I doubt many would be interested in these two titles (though ironically enough, scalpers would go all over them if it had such a low print run) but just for the sake of completion of the collection :D (though I think 500 is not feasable).

And then there are some Disney-adjacent animated films (other than the Pixars) that should get the steelbook treatment :
  1. James and the Giant Peach (would be a nice follow-up to Nightmare Before Christmas).
  2. Dinosaur (not an animated classic in the UK, but the 8-year old me would want that steelbook :)).
  3. Winnie the Pooh (not an animated classic in the UK).

I wouldn't count on James and the Giant Peach as apart of this wave, it's distributed by Fox in the UK.

• Informative
Reactions: Bunk
  2. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (#22, 1977).
  3. The Black Cauldron (#25, 1985).
  4. The Great Mouse Detective (#26, 1986).
  6. The Rescuers Down Under (#29, 1990).

2. Atlantis – The Lost Empire (#41, 2001).
  4. Treasure Planet (#43, 2002).
  7. Bolt (#48, 2008).
And since Zavvi would be doing all the "classics" (I don't care for Fantasia '00), they might as well do a 500-print run for Home on the Range (#45, 2004) and Chicken Little (#46, 2005) : I doubt many would be interested in these two titles (though ironically enough, scalpers would go all over them if they had such a low print run) but just for the sake of completion of the collection :D (though I think 500 is not feasable).

1. James and the Giant Peach (would be a nice follow-up to Nightmare Before Christmas).
  3. Winnie the Pooh (not an animated classic in the UK).

As I've mentioned before, may of those don't even have a normal Blu Ray release, so there would be nothing Zavvi could do about films like Rescuers Down Under and Great Mouse Detective till Disney UK release them.

Also I think they'll have trouble shifting the 00 films, especially ones like Chicken Little and Meet the Robinsons. Love them as you may, they're far from the most desired Disney movies, which is probably why Treasure Planet (Which I liked), Atlantis, and Home on the Range have yet to even get a UK Blu Ray release...

• Informative
Reactions: Bunk
i asked zavvi about the only been 30 steelbook and this was they replay

Thank you for getting in touch about Disney Steelbooks Can you confirm where this was read, as we aren't aware that the 30 Disney Steelbook will be the last one sold on our site?

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Declan

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

still nothing but confusion due to Zavvi...what a surprise :confused:

That depends on where the 'stopping at 30' came from.

Did Zavvi announce it somewhere? Did another site announce it? Was it a rumour? Was it completely made up?

If Zavvi didn't announce it, and the information is nothing to do with them then how can you expect them to give an answer? As it stands, the stopping at 30 information might well be true, most of us seem to believe it is, but if it isn't then Zavvi might only know what's happening up until the end of the year. And you really can't count on customer service members. Half the time their hands are tied and the rest of the time they probably don't know (or can't say). Just look at HMV preorders, some stores take a deposit, some take full payment and others don't take anything.

Expecting Zavvi to announce (or even know) what their (and Disney's) plans are for next year would be like ringing Amazon and asking them when Guardians of the Galaxy is coming out. They either won't know or won't say right now.

Surely when Big Hero 6 comes out they'll announce a steelbook for that too which is a disney classic. To be honest I'd be happy if they did stop for a little bit cos 30 is a lot to catch up too, i think i've got only 10 plus pre-orders

if Zavvi didnt put the 30 day thing out there they should be able to deny it at least.

As I said, customer service might not know. Zavvi as a company probably could announce it, but think of this, would you?

If you were providing a product that made money (or appeared to) because people were collecting in the hope of getting a 'full set', would you tell the customer they wouldn't be able to get all 53 when there were still 10 to come out? I know I wouldn't. It might seriously reduce sales of those 10. As Gerald Ratner found out to his cost (and the jobs of 1000's), honesty in not always the best policy.

No promises are ever made like that. Think of any film franchise based on a series of books. When The Chronicles of Narnia: TLtWatW came out, you saw it because you wanted to, not because there was definitely going to be another 6 in the series. As it stands, we've got 3.

Digitalbabe
Posted this
Per info received from Zavvi this will be the last title in this collection. There may be other Disney titles released in the future, but this is the last in this series.

Going by the info above
There will be other Disney films that will be released as in new films still to come just might not be marketed as part of the collection we had up to now

Disney could next year also decide to release some of the other classics not done as steelbooks and other Disney films that are not Disney classics

There are a few of the Disney classics that would never see a release in the first place classics numbered 6-11
so we were never going to get all 52 UK Disney classics
Some also are not available to be released in the UK

To get 30 releases
28 been Disney classics is good in my opinion

Who knows we might see next year or following year a release happen of some of the not released titles but just won't be listed as part of the collection

Disney will still be releasing films on blu-ray some will be steelbooks

Re releases are Disney's business so at some stage we will see a title we wanted happen

Would've loved ones for Lilo & Stitch and The Emperor's New Groove. They were just getting the hang of giving us great artwork/finishes imo, and demand for them is clearly still there... so it wouldn't surprise me if they do eventually release more Disney classics at some point.

Either way, I'm really happy with the 30 they've given us, so if this really is the end, then so be it! :)

its nice we got disney steels and it is an impressive collection when viewed together... but the whole thing has been a disaster, lets be honest. it just wasnt planned. that is evident in the fact the first few werent even marketed as part of a collection and had no numbered slips. so the whole thing started impromptu, and ended as abruptly and unprofessionally as it started.

again, its great we got 30 (praying those still on pre order dont get shelved,) but we got numbered editions. ie mulan is number 36, so one could reasonably assume we would at least get all the titles in the series up to 36.

if they cancel the collection at 30, then its an incomplete set. and probably one that was never intended to be complete, but just a con to get people aboard their hype train.

i mean, if they planned to do 30, why not number them 1-30?

its a total mess

Yeah, I think that it's okay if this is the end of this specific series. Who would've thought not even two years ago that we would be getting this many great Disney titles in steelbook form? Up until Aladdin, the Best Buy/Future Shop wave from 5 years ago were pretty much the only Disney steelbooks out there (with the exception of a few countries' & Blufans steels later on). Thank-you, Zavvi! Hopefully we will be seeing some more great titles from Walt Disney Studios in the future! :thumbs: