The Disney Collection (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusives) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
This thread is for the titles that have been released to date.

For a poll to share your thoughts on future releases (2015 and on) , please click here

Limited edition are limited to 4K-5K (except for The Jungle Book/Little Mermaid).

The Disney Collection link

Listing:
#35: Treasure Planet (February 8, 2016) - Buy
#??: The Princess and the Frog (October 12, 2015) - Buy
#34: Brother Bear (June 22nd, 2015) - Buy
#33: The Sword in the Stone (June 15th, 2015) - Buy
#32: The Emperor's New Groove (June 15th, 2015) - Buy
#31: Big Hero 6 (May 25th, 2015) - Buy
#30: Beauty and the Beast 3D+2D (December 15th, 2014) - Buy
#29: Tarzan (December 20th, 2014) - Buy
#28: Tangled 3D+2D (November 10th, 2014) - Buy
#27: Sleeping Beauty (December 8th, 2014) - Buy
#26: The Lion King (December 8th, 2014) - Buy
#25: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (December 15th, 2014) - Buy
#24: The Fox and The Hound (October 06th, 2014) - Buy
#23: Pocahontas (September 15th, 2014) - Buy
#22: The Rescuers (September 15th, 2014) - Buy
#21: The Aristocats (August 11th, 2014) - Buy
#20: The Hunchback of Notre Dame (August 11th, 2014) - Buy
#19: Mulan (July 21st, 2014) - Buy
#18: Hercules (July 7th, 2014) - Buy
#17: Pinocchio (July 7th, 2014) - Buy
#16: Robin Hood (June 4th, 2014) - Buy
#15: Mary Poppins (March 3rd, 2014) - Buy
#14: Cinderella (April 7th, 2014) - Buy
#13: Bambi (April 7th, 2014) - Buy
#12: Frozen (March 31st, 2014) - Buy
#11: Alice in Wonderland (May 30, 2014) - Buy
#10: 101 Dalmatians (March 10, 2014) - Buy
#09: Dumbo (February 17, 2014) - Buy
#08: Lady & the Tramp (February 17, 2014) - Buy
#07: Peter Pan (February 10, 2014) - Buy
#06: Fantasia (January 20, 2014) - Buy
#05: Planes (December 2, 2013) - Buy
#04: Wreck it Ralph (January 19th, 2014) - Buy
#03: The Little Mermaid (September 23rd, 2013) - Buy
#02: The Jungle Book (August 12, 2013) - Buy
#01: Aladdin (July 8th, 2013) - Buy

Not part of the official Zavvi's Disney Collection:

- Alice in Wonderland 3D+2D (February 22nd, 2016) - Buy
- Oz the Great and Poweful 3D+2D (May 4th, 2015) - Buy
- Frankenweenie 3D+2D (April 05th, 2015) - Buy
- Zootropolis 3D+2D (July 25th, 2016) - Buy
- Moana 3D+2D (April 3rd, 2017) - Buy

Disney Lenticular Steelbooks:

- The Rocketeer 3D+2D Lenticular (November 28th, 2016) - Buy
- Snow White Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Brave 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Toy Story 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Frozen 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Monsters, Inc 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- The Lion King 3D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Finding Nemo 3D+2D Lenticular (February 27th 2017) - Buy
- Wreck It Ralph 3D+2D Lenticular (March 6th, 2017) - Buy
- Tangled 3D+2D Lenticular (March 6th, 2017) - Buy
- Beauty and The Beast 3D+2D Lenticular (March 13th, 2017) - Buy
- Tron Legacy 2D Lenticular (March 20th, 2017) - Buy
- The Lone Ranger 2D Lenticular (March 27th, 2017) - Buy
- Fantasia Lenticular (April 10th, 2017) - Buy
- Big Hero 6 3D+2D Lenticular (April 17th, 2017) - Buy
- Lilo & Stitch Lenticular (April 17th, 2017) - Buy

- Avengers Assemble 3D+2D Lenticular (April 23rd, 2015) - Buy
- Captain America: The First Avenger 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Guardians of the Galaxy 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 2 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 3 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Thor 3D+2D Lenticular (December 14th, 2015) - Buy
- Thor: The Dark World 3D+2D Lenticular (December 14th, 2015) - Buy
- Hulk 2D Lenticular (October 10th, 2016) - Buy
- The Incredible Hulk 2D Lenticular (October 10th, 2016) - Buy
- Ant-Man 3D+2D Lenticular (October 24th, 2016) - Buy
- Avengers: Age of Ultron 3D+2D Lenticular (October 31st, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 2D Lenticular (November 7th, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 2 2D Lenticular (November 14th, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 3 2D Lenticular (November 21st, 2016) - Buy
- Captain America: Civil War 3D+2D Lenticular (October 16th, 2017) - Buy
- Doctor Stranger 3D+2D Lenticular (October 16th, 2017) - Buy

thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
its nice we got disney steels and it is an impressive collection when viewed together... but the whole thing has been a disaster, lets be honest. it just wasnt planned. that is evident in the fact the first few werent even marketed as part of a collection and had no numbered slips. so the whole thing started impromptu, and ended as abruptly and unprofessionally as it started.

again, its great we got 30 (praying those still on pre order dont get shelved,) but we got numbered editions. ie mulan is number 36, so one could reasonably assume we would at least get all the titles in the series up to 36.

if they cancel the collection at 30, then its an incomplete set. and probably one that was never intended to be complete, but just a con to get people aboard their hype train.

i mean, if they planned to do 30, why not number them 1-30?

its a total mess
Disney Classics 6-11 were never going to happen
They never been given a release on blu-ray

If demand is there some of the others might see a release at some stage
Most collectors never expected to see the Lion King/Beauty and the beast and even Snow White happen this year
The UK Disney Vault is really now redundant even though they have not officially said so and we will see re releases of lots of Disney films with new packaging and artwork most been 1 disc and special limited editions with extras happen

Even though they might have decided to stop at 30 films
That's not the end really
There will always be re releases and you can expect some will see a Steelbook release when this happen I will just put them with the rest of my collection

its nice we got disney steels and it is an impressive collection when viewed together... but the whole thing has been a disaster, lets be honest. it just wasnt planned. that is evident in the fact the first few werent even marketed as part of a collection and had no numbered slips. so the whole thing started impromptu, and ended as abruptly and unprofessionally as it started.

again, its great we got 30 (praying those still on pre order dont get shelved,) but we got numbered editions. ie mulan is number 36, so one could reasonably assume we would at least get all the titles in the series up to 36.

if they cancel the collection at 30, then its an incomplete set. and probably one that was never intended to be complete, but just a con to get people aboard their hype train.

i mean, if they planned to do 30, why not number them 1-30?

its a total mess

The Disney numbering system is obviously different to their number in Zavvi's collection. The fact that Aladdin and The Little Mermaid didn't have numbers on them is no different to early Disney Blu-rays that also weren't numbered. Disney design the steelbooks just as they do the paper covers on DVDs and regular Blu-rays, and let's be honest, there's no consistency there either (numbers, no numbers, numbers at incorrect heights, titles centralised, titles too high, Disney logo in the spine, no logo on the spine and so on and so on...). Also, not everyone bought all 30 so it's better Zavvi didn't label them as such. I didn't get Mary Poppins or Planes.

Disney are just like that. The only reason that the Zavvi exclusives even have the titles on the spine is because they're just that, exclusives. Take Frozen. A European design with no title on the spine (the Disney way of saving money), and even then Disney aren't consistent.

As I've said before, we might have assumed that all the animated classics would get the steelbook treatment, but the inclusion of Mary Poppins and Planes probably showed otherwise. Did any of us think that Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Pete's Dragon or (especially) Song of the South would come out because of Mary Poppins? They're live action/animation after all.

No promise was ever made, yes, I wish it had as I want all the animated classics, so no one is to blame for the collection ending except maybe ourselves for expecting too much.

Reactions: paulboland
I might not be a Disney fanatic like some here, but any of the Disney films I want for my other half/children are in the 30 Zavvi have offered.

Some of the others that they have 'missed' I've never even heard of, let alone have any desire to own!

Would be a shame if the collection ends at 30 although there are only a handful left that will kind of bug me not being in the collection, Winnie the Pooh being the main one. I was really hoping to get that on Steelbook. 40 might have been a better number, takes care of basically all the popular movies and leaves room for a few fringe ones. Planes will really stand out in a bad way if it actually is ending.

I suppose since it takes a while for these to sell out it may be less enticing for Zavvi to keep it going especially now that 90% of the big mainstream movies are released. If they are done, a tip of the cap to them for this awesome collection. This was a lot of fun to collect, gave us some amazing steels. After a few more titles sell out maybe they will release the last few "great" titles; Winnie the Pooh, Sword in the Stone, Great Mouse Detective, Rescuers Down Under, Lilo & Stitch, Princess and the Frog. Ya 40 would have been perfect, those 6 plus 4 more good ones out of whatevers left.

Since they might be done with the animated Disney, maybe they will get into the live action Disney. They could get another 30 title collection out of that easy. Would take away some of the sting of the animated collection ending.

Reactions: Steeler
I hope that at some time they do come back with some more Disney steels other than new releases.
For myself I have been collecting these alongside the standard releases and am quite a bit behind, so time to catch up will be most welcome.
Disney in the UK at least seems to have changed tack it seems with the likes of the Lion King and Beauty and the Beast coming out again. It looks like finally you should be able to buy most of the classics on blu without the vault getting in the way.
I would like to see the Pirates of the Caribbean films, the first three that is, get the steelbook treatment at the very least.

Even though it may not be part of this collection, I'm certain we'll at least see a steel for Big Hero 6...
Big Hero 6 doesn't release in cinemas in the UK until late January. I'd guess that the Blu Ray would release around May or June. So it's possible that the collection could start up again around that time. Or it does just get a steel without being a part of the collection.

Even though it may not be part of this collection, I'm certain we'll at least see a steel for Big Hero 6...

The thing about Zavvi's Disney collection, is that once you own the title there's zero indication of it being anything other than a Disney steelbook.

They're not even consistent in design with each other, especially the J-cards. If you open them (like I do) then there's no way of knowing whether or not Tron was part of the set, or The Rocketeer, or Dumbo, or Fantasia, or Mary Poppins. Ironically Frozen, Planes and Monster's University look less like part of any Disney or Pixar collection (extra pictures, no titles etc.) than Tron and The Rocketeer do.

The thing about Zavvi's Disney collection, is that once you own the title there's zero indication of it being anything other than a Disney steelbook.

They're not even consistent in design with each other, especially the J-cards. If you open them (like I do) then there's no way of knowing whether or not Tron was part of the set, or The Rocketeer, or Dumbo, or Fantasia, or Mary Poppins. Ironically Frozen, Planes and Monster's University look less like part of any Disney or Pixar collection (extra pictures, no titles etc.) than Tron and The Rocketeer do.

This....

Honestly why say your stopping the collection when you could just keep going with it because we don't actually know what is part of them and what isn't.

What about in the future they decide to release a Sword in the Stone steelbook or Rescuers Down Under, what they going to do? Act like they are seperate even though they SHOULD be part of the collection they stopped doing.

Zavvi don't know what is going to happen, it's different if they got EVERY classic steelbook out and they only had future films to worry about but they don't. They could get any old Disney film thrown at them and they'll have to come up with a good excuse to say that Tarzen wasn't the last one or that they really meant they had "taken a break".

Well that's the thing.

Is anyone buying them just because they're Zavvi's Disney Collection? I doubt it. People are buying them because it's a collection of Disney steelbooks, and even then, has anyone bought them all? If so, did they want Planes, or only want Planes because it was a steelbook or only want Planes because it was part of the 'collection'?

Does anyone keep these separate from their other Disney steelbooks? I keep the animated classics in their Disney numbered list order, followed by the live action movies in their production order (the few I have).

I keep the Pixar titles in their original release order too, with HMV's Cars 2 in the right place (between Toy Story 3 and Brave). It matches the others, Zavvi release or no Zavvi release. If for example Amazon were to release The Rescuers Down Under and Brother Bear, I'd just file them in with the others by their respective number.

In short, if Zavvi do The Emperor's New Groove and Bolt at some point, people will either want them or they won't. I cant imagine numbering them 31 and 32 would make a blind bit of difference to sales.

My favorite Disney classics are Lion King (which i've pre-ordered) and Beauty & the Beast (which i'll pre-order at first opportunity), but i'd love a Sword in the Stone steelbook. As a kid that was right up there with my favorite movies

My favorite Disney classics are Lion King (which i've pre-ordered) and Beauty & the Beast (which i'll pre-order at first opportunity), but i'd love a Sword in the Stone steelbook. As a kid that was right up there with my favorite movies

I'd love a Sword in the Stone steelbook too. The movie is awesome. Maybe i saw this movie a hundred times!

Zavvi Disney Steelbooks
To be continued
What's your wish list
Princess and the Frog
Lilo & Stitch
The Emperor's New Groove
Sword in the Stone
The Rescuers Down Under
Black Cauldron
Oliver & Company
Bolt
Basil the Great Mouse Detective
Atlantis
Treasure Planet
Brother Bear
Home on the Range
Chicken Little

not too much to ask :p

Last edited:
Is it possible to add a note to the OP for the ones that are no longer available? I think a lot of these titles are going to start disappearing in the next few months and it would be useful to keep track. For the record, these are the titles that are no longer available (not including pre-order titles which will almost certainly be available again):
#12: Frozen (March 31st, 2014)
#08: Lady & the Tramp (February 17, 2014)
#07: Peter Pan (February 10, 2014)
#06: Fantasia (January 20, 2014)
#04: Wreck it Ralph (January 19th, 2014)
#03: The Little Mermaid (September 23rd, 2013)
#02: The Jungle Book (August 12, 2013)
#01: Aladdin (July 8th, 2013)

Reactions: traceysws