Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 22, 2016
Purchase link: The Jungle Book (live)
Price: £24.99

1.jpg

11270347-1044412519595183.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mines going to be returned, really annoying they put that artwork up and it has no artwork tbc or subject to change message.
Looks so bad zoomed in like that. You would think that they might update the image on there webstore but it's still the same now. Basically falsely portraying a product to get more sales imo.
Let the battle commence and I haven't even received mine yet. Feel cheated by this retailer again will be the last time.
Spot on fella , Ain't got mine yet but already requested return labels from Zavvi.

• Thanks
Reactions: popeye
Im not sticking up for them here but i dont think its some big conspiracy lol, I think they uploaded whatever artwork they are given by the supplier/Distributor so if you wanto blame someone it should probably be disney.

Absolutely shocking release, so glad I cancelled this and good luck to all that return it for not as described

Blufans all the way now with their art. Looks fantastic.

Grrrr! Maeficent all over again! I was sceptical about the mock-up on Zavvi's site, but was hoping it would be accurate since the Zoomed artwork is trash!

I'm still hurt about that. White art looked amazing

I'm assuming then that there's those character heads on the spine, instead of a title or just a blank spine?
Correct...

IMG_1565.JPG

Yikes, it's all up close and personal. Looks like a matte finish but Bagheera and Mowgli look spot-glossed. Can anyone confirm?
Hard to tell without unwrapping it, but I think you may be right... on closer inspection I can definitely see a bit of an outline around the characters and rocks etc. because the paint/finish is probably thicker on those parts, whereas the background seems to have more of a metallic shine to it.

Well I didnt even order it as I am getting sick and tired of these £24.99 titles in a few months drop down to £14.99 or even less. £25 per steel is too expensive these days for a standard world wide release. I thought wait for a price drop but after reading what is said I'm gonna give it a miss. Rather pay more for the premium. Not a priority steel for me.

• Thanks
Reactions: Norwichlad
Looks like i will be getting this in the post tomorrow. Really not feeling that zoomed in artwork, horrible (n):(:angry:. Looks as if Disney really don't give a **** about the collectors any more.
With the right artwork Disney could have been on to a winner here, because the film is awesome.

Already being sent my returns label by Zavvi and the steelbook as not arrived yet lol ...... it will be stuck to it tomorrow morning and straight out of the door back to where it come from ASAP !

• Thanks
Looks like i will be getting this in the post tomorrow. Really not feeling that zoomed in artwork, horrible (n):(:angry:. Looks as if Disney really don't give a **** about the collectors any more.
With the right artwork Disney could have been on to a winner here, because the film is awesome.
YEP .... you're spot on ..... vote with your wallets and make them listen has they clearly don't give a ****.

Yes, a pity about the front, and would have been a perfect front cover (IMO) with the main image framed by foliage like this one:-
The-Art-of-the-Jungle-Book-1.jpg

. . . unlike the recent similar artwork mock-up which isn't framed and with the artwork continuing over on to the spine.
Image of Shere Khan on the back would have had to be smaller though to match the scale of Bagheera and Mowgli.

Starting to wonder if some of these steelbooks are being aimed at the general public and not at collectors and beginning to understand why collectors are being forced to look elsewhere for certain titles with better thought-out art.

Last edited:
Already being sent my returns label by Zavvi and the steelbook as not arrived yet lol ...... it will be stuck to it tomorrow morning and straight out of the door back to where it come from ASAP !
Hoping i get a quick response and a returns label also, messaged them earlier today.
Good result for yourself, hope that bodes well for everyone else that wants to return there copy. :thumbs:

Reactions: kingkarl1967
Hoping i get a quick response and a returns label also, messaged them earlier today.
Good result for yourself, hope that bodes well for everyone else that wants to return there copy. :thumbs:
Cheers fella , fed up with having my pants pulled down in this steelbook game.
Thinking of cancelling Finding Dory now as that's another p*ss poor effort by Disney !

Attachments

• 51jtgdrWwmL.jpg
    51jtgdrWwmL.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 98
Just got mine.

The front is spot gloss on Mowgli and Baghera with a matte background.
The back of the Steelbook is full gloss bizarrely.
Just needed a wider view on the front image and it would have been exceptionally nice.

View attachment 259814

View attachment 259815
Thanks for confirming! Some very odd decisions were made for this release... first the zoomed artwork, now different finishes on the back and front. Were they drunk when they came up with the idea for this steelbook?

giphy.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: Flash and Flloydo