Top Gun (Blu-ray SteelBook)-Embossed (Play.com Exclusive) [United Kingdom]

thedefector

Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Release Date: November 5, 2012
Purchase link: Top Gun
Notes: Embossed title, debossed border, spot gloss, inside artwork, clean artwork on back cover, 1 disc edition

33273582_500x500_1.jpg

Actual pics thanks to zesty:
TopGun-1.jpg

TopGun-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend in the UK received my copy and was far from mint. Chipped paint, scratch on the inside and dented corner.

Asked him to get it exchanged. The number of people having issues with this? Ridiculous....overall Play.com has done an amazing job with their releases and packaging and to have a botched up release like this puts a 'dent' in their excellent reputation. No pun intended.

This one is definitely underrated. I think Paramount released so many awesome Steelbooks last year (and continuing this year it seems) that we don't appreciate just how good most of them are :scat:

One very highly under appreciated steelbook...IMHO one of the best Paramount releases period!

I watched this the other day. The film isn't great but the Steelbook is really nice. No surprise considering it is Paramount, you can always rely on them to release a quality Steelbook, at least as far as the UK is concerned anyway.

Reactions: SteelReaper
Nice looking steel but for some subconscious reason I seem to have a strong desire to never watch this movie - I have no idea why: everyone tells me it's a classic, I don't mind Cruise, fast planes are pretty cool I suppose, 80's flick, some geezer is called Maverick - but still...no :dunno:

Nice looking steel but for some subconscious reason I seem to have a strong desire to never watch this movie - I have no idea why: everyone tells me it's a classic, I don't mind Cruise, fast planes are pretty cool I suppose, 80's flick, some geezer is called Maverick - but still...no :dunno:

Agreed. I bought this on release but sold it shortly after once I realised how bad it really was. Alot of these so called classics are garbage and don't want this seen in my collection. I'm sure I'll get stick again for this negative comment from them that collect sealed OOP steelbooks. :D

Reactions: Gamesgaryjp
it's not classic for his story or something, its classic because of his over the top 80' nosalgic cliche flair . don't take this movie too serious and its pretty enjoyable but you surely should have a predilection for trash :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: chronicpoetic
Agreed. I bought this on release but sold it shortly after once I realised how bad it really was. Alot of these so called classics are garbage and don't want this seen in my collection. I'm sure I'll get stick again for this negative comment from them that collect sealed OOP steelbooks. :D

Well going into a thread for a particular film and then calling it 'garbage' is always going to get a response.

Reactions: Gamesgaryjp