Top Gun (Blu-ray SteelBook)-Embossed (Play.com Exclusive) [United Kingdom]

thedefector

Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Release Date: November 5, 2012
Purchase link: Top Gun
Notes: Embossed title, debossed border, spot gloss, inside artwork, clean artwork on back cover, 1 disc edition

33273582_500x500_1.jpg

Actual pics thanks to zesty:
TopGun-1.jpg

TopGun-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
damn straight i made sure i triple checked my copies of top gun and untouchables for the damage caused by the phantom spine slasher it makes you wonder on a print run of 4000 steels is ordering the one enough? its getting dangerous when if you want to send it back for a replacement you cant get one.... battle royale better be slash free or some peeps are screwed!

Mine arrived by courier at 6pm this evening (along with The Untouchables). Great looking steel. Mine doesn't have a slashed spine but it does have 2 paint chips along the top. I'm not bothered about that though.

Somehow I've never seen this film so I'm looking forward to watching it!

Mine arrived today also. Very pleased with this one; another great effort by Paramount.

I received a big order for Top Gun and its not just the slashed spines that is the problem, its the paint chips on the bottom right corner under the steel. Similar to the ones in Watchmen and War of the Worlds. Now I gotta send them all back to Play.com and a waste of time packing all this up. About 1/3 of ths steelz has paint chips and a few has slashed spines....

Need to address these issues with Play.com, not happy with the quality control from SCANAVO.

I received a big order for Top Gun and its not just the slashed spines that is the problem, its the paint chips on the bottom right corner under the steel. Similar to the ones in Watchmen and War of the Worlds. Now I gotta send them all back to Play.com and a waste of time packing all this up. About 1/3 of ths steelz has paint chips and a few has slashed spines....

Need to address these issues with Play.com, not happy with the quality control from SCANAVO.

Fortunately only a few issues on TG but I'll post a pic of one in the morning. All I'll say is "OUCH"

Mine just arrived, all good on my copy and it looks really great. Time to get the big speakers up n running with my 50 inch plasma for this one lol. :scat:

Recieved my two copies with minor slashed spine on each....not big enough or that visble without close inspection so will keep them.

566378_366199353475046_183185580_n.jpg

566306_366199346808380_163891820_n.jpg

I'm getting a replacement sent out on Monday
I should note that the chips were under undamaged wrapping

Why the effing hell would someone at play pack these up in that state...a small chip and slash maybe forgiven but freddie's claws cannot be forgiven.....needs to be a tighter quality control by play....wreck buddy if u can voice all our opinions on this that would be most appreciated.

Why the effing hell would someone at play pack these up in that state...a small chip and slash maybe forgiven but freddie's claws cannot be forgiven.....needs to be a tighter quality control by play....wreck buddy if u can voice all our opinions on this that would be most appreciated.

tbh this particular copy should never have been sent to play imo.

Why bother releasing such nice looking steelbooks only to F it up at the very last stage?
Isn't there any kind of quality control?
Are they so Indifferent or give a damn at all?

tbh this particular copy should never have been sent to play imo.

Its both the manufacture and Play's fault. Play never should have sent it out. Scanavo is slacking. People will just stop buying if this crap keeps on getting released. They are making themselves look foolish buy sending out crap. Time to boycott.

Its both the manufacture and Play's fault. Play never should have sent it out. Scanavo is slacking. People will just stop buying if this crap keeps on getting released. They are making themselves look foolish buy sending out crap. Time to boycott.

Agree entirely, chip, however the point I was trying to make was that it should never have got to play in the first place, but yeah they too should have spotted it it.