Actual pictures: (thanks to megabee)
ukim2-1.jpg

ukim2-2.jpg

ukim2-3.jpg

ukim2-4.jpg

ukimen.jpg

Official Hi-Def Ninja Video

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but looking at this steelbook again and seeing all the comments about how awesome this one is just about forces me to chime in.

First off, I don't have this one. I almost did. Months back, I lost a bid on Ebay for $31 USD. Yes that's right. I wasn't willing to go higher than $30, and watched someone outbid me at $31.

I have the ultimate editions for IM1 and IM2 with mint slips and I really like them.

Here's my take on this steel. I think it's almost comical how differently the steelbook collectors community responds to the old vs the new.

If this one from Play never existed, and Zavvi put this same exact steelbook out today as breaking news, here is what everyone would say:

- "Only 1 disc? Where's the BONUS disc? I just cancelled. Zavvi can keep their ££. I'll wait for Taiwan!"
- Lame back art. Looks like a rushed photoshop job done right on top of a boring lifeless backdrop.
- What's with the interior artwork? It's from the first movie! Major fail.
- Iron Man's right hand goes right into the border. Looks stupid. They should have just made it flat glossy and not ruined it by having a border.
- What's with the vertical title? Gah! Should have just left off the title all together. We KNOW what movie this is.

Am I right? Pretty different attitude toward this one because the value is already very high so nobody cares. :cool:

Sorry but looking at this steelbook again and seeing all the comments about how awesome this one is just about forces me to chime in.

First off, I don't have this one. I almost did. Months back, I lost a bid on Ebay for $31 USD. Yes that's right. I wasn't willing to go higher than $30, and watched someone outbid me at $31.

I have the ultimate editions for IM1 and IM2 with mint slips and I really like them.

Here's my take on this steel. I think it's almost comical how differently the steelbook collectors community responds to the old vs the new.

If this one from Play never existed, and Zavvi put this same exact steelbook out today as breaking news, here is what everyone would say:

- "Only 1 disc? Where's the BONUS disc? I just cancelled. Zavvi can keep their ££. I'll wait for Taiwan!"
- Lame back art. Looks like a rushed photoshop job done right on top of a boring lifeless backdrop.
- Iron Man's right hand goes right into the border. Looks stupid. They should have just made it flat glossy and not ruined it by having a border.
- What's with the vertical title? Gah! Should have just left off the title all together. We KNOW what movie this is.

Am I right? Pretty different attitude toward this one because the value is already very high so nobody cares. :cool:

£10.99 on release from play instead of the £14.99 that zavvi charge
i can live without the extra disc when its £4.00 cheaper

Reactions: BluSteel2012
fair point. then again, zavvi shipping is dirt cheap.

play or zavvi shipping is free for me as im in europe

in regards to your previous points jimmy i agree with most of them, that being said at the time of release not many steelbooks had embossing/debossing, today nearly 2 out of 3 released have some form of it
the volume of releases has also gone through the roof since zavvi took over,

but make no mistake about it this is a quality steelbook in hand

Last edited:
play or zavvi shipping is free for me as im in europe

in regards to your previous points jimmy i agree with most of them, that being said at the time of release not many steelbooks had embossing/debossing, today nearly 2 out of 3 released have some form of it
the volume of releases has also gone through the roof since zavvi took over,

but make no mistake about it this is a quality steelbook in hand

I have no doubt that it is quality in hand. Actually, the only one of my points that I think is lame is that there is no disc 2 for the special features. Other than that, I wouldn't really say any of those points myself. I don't mind the border at all. I like the back very much, and I don't mind the sideways title (and I like that it's embossed). The only thing I think they left out is Ivan Vanko (Rourke).

I have no doubt that it is quality in hand. Actually, the only one of my points that I think is lame is that there is no disc 2 for the special features. Other than that, I wouldn't really say any of those points myself. I don't mind the border at all. I like the back very much, and I don't mind the sideways title (and I like that it's embossed). The only thing I think they left out is Ivan Vanko (Rourke).

i know that lol, i was agreeing to the fact that a lot of people would be complaining about it for various needless reasons if it were released today by zavvi

Yeah Vanko should have been on the inside artwork, if i remember correctly a member here put some cool custom interior artwork with Rourke

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

found it
custom interior by ps3_kiwi

IM2-1.png

Reactions: jimmyv

We all know its going to get a new release again at some point so let see what the people say then;)

Go back and read the threads, particularly the IM thread. There were a LOT of complaints about these two points. Even more for play's Watchmen when it comes to only having 1 disc.

And of course Play.com where only charging £10.99 for their steels & had excellent CS when compared to zavvis utter embarrassment of an excuse for customer service.

The guy makes a few good points. This would get crucified by today's standards but its the usual story. Just like that ugly dude that won xfactor, when it gets valuable it get desirable.

Reactions: jimmyv
"Only 1 disc? Where's the BONUS disc? I just cancelled. Zavvi can keep their ££. I'll wait for Taiwan!"

Most of the re-releases including the highly overrated Avengers collection is missing the Bonus disc. This is a Play release and not a Zavvi release. Things are looking a bit bleak for Asia as they seems to have stuck with Futurecraps.

Boring? It looks gorgeous in hand. The character is full gloss and shines.

This is a known issue and has been discussed to death.

This is a personal preference. It still looks great.

Steelbook without a title is criminal than one with it. You should be calling Iron Man 3 as crap.

Based on your comments I think you should be hating the holy grail Iron Man 1 FS and Iron Man 2 Asian release which share similar design.