The Terminator (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Play Exclusive) [UK] HDN CHOOSES ART

Which Inside Art Do You Want? HDN COMMUNITY DECIDES!!!

• Choice #1 for Me!

Votes: 144 51.4%
  • Choice #2 for Me!

Votes: 48 17.1%
  • Choice #3 for Me!

Votes: 20 7.1%
  • Choice #4 for Me!

Votes: 68 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: October 1st, 2012
Purchase link: The Terminator (Sold-out)
Notes: Region Free, Confirmed to have a NEW Blu-Ray master.

31294786_300x300_1.jpg

Embossed / debossed front, inside art, rear art, no logos etc
31294786_700x700min_1.jpg

31294786_700x700min_6.jpg

31294786_700x700min_4.jpg

Original vote: (Closed)
Also got 4 interior art options for HDN community to vote on which we will use in the final product.
choice1.jpg

choice2.jpg

choice3.jpg

choice4.jpg

Specs:
- 1 disc
- Widescreen 16:9 1.85:1
- Sound: English 5.1 DTS HD-MA, Spanish 5.1 DD, French 5.1 DTS, Japanese 5.1 DTS, Portugese 2.0 DD stereo, Thai 2.0 DD Stereo
- Languages: English for the hearing impaired, Spanish, Danish, Finnish, French, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish, (There may be more languages but the info cut off here!!)
- Spec features -
Creating the Terminator: Visual Effects and Music
Terminator: A Retrospective
Terminated scenes

Actual pictures: (courtesy of Naughtius Maximus)
Term.jpg

term22.jpg

DSC_0019.JPG

Attachments

• terminator1.jpg
    terminator1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 988
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 601
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,147
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,148
Last edited by a moderator:
You have a perfect steelbook and some other people, but not all people (5000 for all peolpe in the world ???).
So you dont want a new steelbook because you have the exciting steelbook and there is a possibility that a new one is better and you dont want a douple dip.

Further the disc is not perfect, some very good extras are missing.

This year Terminator have his 30th anniversary, so a new steelbook(after two years) is very possible. And with a new one, MGM could make much money.
And THIS mean, there should be a new release.

Any film can get a re release as a Steelbook
If a studio see a potential to make money they will as will shops who would be selling

I can understand collectors not wanting another release
But if a title has the ability to sell it can happen

Re releases happen all the time sometimes it's a straight re issue or new one with improved picture and new extras
I have films in my collection many times over the years from re releases

I know some collectors don't like a re release because in their minds it can de value the one they have

Reality is steelbooks now lot bigger market than 1 or 2 or 3 years ago
Lot of new Steelbook collectors means re releases or new versions of a previous title getting a release

A shop won't stop stocking a product it will sell regularly
A film studio will always do a new or re release of a big seller

Last edited:
And why ?

Have you any argument ?

All Blu-ray steelbooks except the UK steelbook are nor very good. No inlayprint, no embossing.

People in other countrys deserves better steelbooks !

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Sure, but they are from two different studios.

So a new T1 steelbook have nothing to do with a T3 steelbook.

Why not both ?

Or three, the T2 steelbook doesnt matches with the T1, german T3 or T4 steelbook ans looks on my opinion not so good.
It would be great if they use the original poster artwork if Arnie sitting on his Fat BOY

And T2 deserves a new 4K transfer.

People in other countries deserve better Steelbooks so you want a UK retailer to release one? :rolleyes:

If everyone requested Steelbooks to be re-released every time they missed out, the hobby would become an even bigger farce than it already is. So why not just stump up the cash for the great Steelbook that already exists?

Recently acquired this Steelbook, in new condition, decided to take off the seal, must say it is very well designed and made, great embossing, a thing of beauty. Worth every bit I paid for it, no gloss but that does not bother me, looks like the remastered disc is included. The Terminator is in my top 5 Steelbooks of all time. :):movie:

Kimchidvd have Rush, Terminator 2 and Iron man that have all been released as steelbook; I see no reason why someone shouldn't release another version of The Terminator if there's a demand. I have a copy but this isn't my favourite artwork. I prefer the Euro/Asian artwork.

Thinking about it, I would be very pleased if steelbooks were as commonplace as plastic blu ray cases. That might be an incentive to really add value to a product, as Kimchidvd and HDzeta have done with their releases.

I can see both sides of the argument. I have a ton of DVD's and a couple of Blu-ray's signed by people and I always like the covers signed so as to have them easily seen. Some people do like to have the inlay card (if there is one) signed, but like spawnshop said, that (to me) defeats the purpose because it can't really be seen and can be lost.
However, with steelbooks, if I did get any signed in the future I would think twice about getting the outside signed to avoid defacing the front of the steel. Especially if its a nice design, like this is.

So the upshot is, you're both right - and that really doesn't help, does it?...

Last edited:
Reactions: spawnshop
Well...Linda Hamilton has a nice signature. Michael Biehn less so. I had my Robocop steelbook signed by Peter Weller and was pleased, and then Nancy Allen signed a scrawl and I was 'hmm...', so I bought another from ebay!

I think having the stars of the movie sign the steelbook enhances the steelbook and makes it unique; special to you and a memory of meeting the actors. And a 'Terminator' steelbook isn't so incredibly rare - you could get them to sign the German release which is fairly readily available for example and keep your UK version pristine. I still haven't played my Terminator blu ray though because I really miss the original mono soundtrack. One day they'll give it to us, hopefully.

Reactions: spawnshop
If it's sitting on your shelf it's up to you. I think it looks nice signed. If the signatures are over a generally blank or vacant part of the art, whatever. If they scribbled it over Arnies face, though funny, that'd be annoying. Need a copy of this particualr release myself. I do wish a version would be made with artwork based on the Tech Noir scene.

Well...Linda Hamilton has a nice signature. Michael Biehn less so. I had my Robocop steelbook signed by Peter Weller and was pleased, and then Nancy Allen signed a scrawl and I was 'hmm...', so I bought another from ebay!

I think having the stars of the movie sign the steelbook enhances the steelbook and makes it unique; special to you and a memory of meeting the actors. And a 'Terminator' steelbook isn't so incredibly rare - you could get them to sign the German release which is fairly readily available for example and keep your UK version pristine. I still haven't played my Terminator blu ray though because I really miss the original mono soundtrack. One day they'll give it to us, hopefully.

I can get that. I've got 2 Star trek movie DVD's signed. Star Trek 6 by George Takei who has a really nice signature (also a nice guy to meet) and Generations signed by William Shatner who basically scrawled his signature. Takei's is the one I'm happiest with.