X-Men: Apocalypse - In theaters May 27, 2016

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Bryan Singer[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]James McAvoy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Fassbender[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jennifer Lawrence[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hugh Jackman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Oscar Isaac[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nicholas Hoult[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Channing Tatum[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Evan Peters[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sophie Turner[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alexandra Shipp[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tye Sheridan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kodi Smit-McPhee[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rose Byrne[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ben Hardy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lana Condor[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Olivia Munn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ian McKellen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lucas Till[/ACTOR]

Plot: One of the most powerful super villains, Apocalypse emerges and threatens to destroy the planet and its up to the X-men to stop him, with help from some of their old foes.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
cf7kkqeuuaeqame-jpg.233312
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Hey NINJAS! :thumbs: Days of Future Past hasn't even been released and it looks like a sequel has been announced! EEK! :LOL:

In a surprise move, Bryan Singer today revealed the title of the next chapter of 20th Century Fox's popular X-Men franchise. May 27, 2016 will see the release of X-Men: Apocalypse!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112102

Apocalypse, created by Louise and Walter Simonson, made his debut in X-Factor #6. The world's first mutant, En Sabah Nur was born in Egypt around 3,000 BC and used advanced technology to make himself an eternal conquerer, believing whole heartedly in survival of the fittest.

The character's most popular storyline, "The Age of Apocalypse," ran in the X-Men books beginning in 1995. Set in a paralell reality formed by interference to the timeline, "The Age of Apocalypse" saw Xavier murdered before he could form the X-Men. Instead, a very different take on the team began with Magneto leading them through a post-apocalyptic America ruled by mutants.

Since next summer's X-Men: Days of Future Past involves a time travel storyline, it's likely that a filmic take on "The Age of Apocalypse" could spin out of the film's ending.
Apocalypse Banner.jpg

popcorn2.gif

Attachments

• xmenA.jpg
    xmenA.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 447
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... That's a first!!!
The next movie isn't even in theaters and they announced the next... after the next! :hilarious:

Courtesy Comic Book Resources...

While "X-Men: Days of Future Past" director Bryan Singer may have tweeted the existence of "X-Men: Apocalypse" last week, there was no official confirmation that the director would return for another film in Fox's X-Men universe. However, an unconfirmed report from Vulture indicates what many had assumed since Singer's tweet went live: yes, the director will return for the 2016 sequel. According to Vulture's sources, Singer will jump in to "X-Men: Apocalypse" after finishing up "X-Men: Days of Future Past," though no further details were given.

"Apocalypse" will likely introduce the longtime X-Men villain of the same name and has been the focal point of many crossover stories in the X-Men universe. While little is known about the plot of "Apocalypse," it's a safe bet to assume that next year's "Days of Future Past" will serve as a lead-in to the film in many ways -- especially given that "The Wolverine" led directly into "Days of Future Past" with its end credits scene and considering Fox's recent deal with Simon Kinberg to expand the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchises.

"X-Men: Apocalypse" has a target release date of May 27, 2016. "X-Men: Days of Future Past" opens May 23, 2014.

We'll see after DOFP if X-Men needs to be saved like GI Joe & Fast and Furious franchises with The Rock! :hilarious:

LOL! :hilarious: The Terminator franchise needs him! :p especially with a new Trilogy recently announced! He would be a kick ass T-800! :LOL:

It's too bad that Michael Clarke Duncan passed away because he would've been my pick.

That's crazy that you mention MCD! Both my brother and I are huge X-Men fans! We had a discussion about who would be a great APOCALYPSE. We both had agreed that MCD would of been AWESOME!!!

What I really want to see is the X-Men and Spider-Man join The Avengers... that will be the ultimate Epic MARVEL Movie ... that will never happen :( :angry:

Bryan Singer Assembles X2 Writers for X-Men: Apocalypse

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112695

EEK! :LOL:

Bb1D5cuIcAEIq9I.jpg

Little is officially known about the upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse, which was announced two weeks ago, but thanks to director Bryan Singer we now have an idea of who is behind the scenes for the sequel. Singer tweeted about a "Late night X-Men Apocalypse story session" last night and the photo included not only Singer and X-Men: Days of Future Past screenwriter Simon Kinberg, but also X2: X-Men United screenwriters Mike Dougherty and Dan Harris! This marks the first time since "X2" that Dougherty and Harris have worked on an X-Men film. Though it remains to be seen who will officially pen the screenplay for the sequel, it's certainly exciting to see former franchise writers return to the series.

In addition, Singer added "It's snowing in Egypt!" to his tweet, which might seem unrelated but Egypt was in fact the birth place of Apocalypse/En Sabah Nur's in the original source material.

Created by Louise and Walter Simonson, Apocalypse made his debut in X-Factor #6. The character's most popular storyline, "The Age of Apocalypse," ran in the X-Men books beginning in 1995. Set in a parallel reality formed by interference to the timeline, "The Age of Apocalypse" saw Professor Charles Xavier murdered before he could form the X-Men. Instead, a very different take on the team began with Magneto leading them through a post-apocalyptic America ruled by mutants.

X-men: Apocalypse will hit the big screen May 27, 2016, while X-Men: Days of Future Past will debut May 23, 2014.

:scat: :movie:

Comics History 101: Who Is X-Men's Apocalypse?

Marvel history lesson time! Here's everything you need to know about the X-Men villain Apocalypse, in advance of the character's upcoming movie debut!

Apocalpyse.jpg

:movie:

Reactions: Drum18
'X-Men: Apocalypse': Bryan Singer teases new film 'will address mutant origins' -- EXCLUSIVE!

X-Men_Age_of_Apocalypse_One_Shot_Vol_1_1.jpg

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/01/07/x-men-apocalypse-bryan-singer/

X-Men: Days of Future Past doesn’t come out until May but director Bryan Singer has already begun teasing fans with details on Past‘s planned follow-up, X-Men: Apocalypse, tentatively set for release in 2016. First, there was the cryptic announcement tweet in early December. Then, he tweeted a photo of a work session with Past writer Simon Kinberg and X2 scribes Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty.

The question is Will Singer direct this X-Men installment? Maybe. “I’m co-writing the story and I’m producing it,” says the director. “I’m negotiating to direct. We’re in the process. We’re trying to figure it out, schedules. My desire would be to direct it.”

While this summer’s The Wolverine introduced the plot for Past in its final moments, Singer reveals he’s still not sure whether Past will feature an Apocalypse tease. “I’m still deciding that,” he says. “Something that happens in this movie causes what’s going to happen in that movie.”

While Singer didn't give up specific plot points, he did reveal some themes. “It will also address historical mutant-cy, meaning the deep past, mutant origins and things like that. It’s something that’s always intrigued me when we think about our Gods and our history and miracles and powers.” It all makes sense since Apocalypse is basically the first mutant in the X-Men lore.

‘X-Men Apocalypse’ Is An ’80s Period Piece, Will Feature Most 'Mass Destruction' of the Franchise! EEK! :LOL:

apocalypse.jpg

http://www.slashfilm.com/x-men-apocalypse-period-piece/

Possibly hinting that we could see Jean Grey, Cyclops, or “familiar characters” in a younger iteration, X-Men: Days of Future Past helmer Bryan Singer says he'd like to tell more stories post-Apocalypse!

The Fox sequel to X-Men: First Class and this summer’s X-Men: Days of Future Past has been quietly building momentum while DC and Marvel prepare for battle with their big films Batman vs. Superman and Captain America 3. X-Men: Apocalypse comes out a few weeks after those two, on May 27, 2016. Bryan Singer, Dan Harris, Michael Dougherty and Simon Kinberg are all currently working on breaking down the story, which will probably deal with the super-evil mutant of the title.

In a new interview, Singer revealed a few more details on the film, including the fact it’ll be an Eighties period piece, and the logical continuation of the Seventies look of Days of Future Past, and that it will have “will more of the mass destruction that X-Men films, to date, have not relied upon.” Read the quotes below.

Singer spoke to Total Film and said the following about the film:

We’re going to deal the the notion of ancient mutants – the fact they were born and existed thousands of years ago. But it’ll be a contemporary movie – well, it’ll take place in the ’80s… The ’80s is a period now – it’s hard for me to believe that! ‘Apocalypse’ will have more of the mass destruction that ‘X-Men’ films, to date, have not relied upon. There’s definitely now a character and a story that allow room for that kind of spectacle.

He was then asked to possibly comment on that aforementioned character who allowed for destruction:

I don’t want to get too specific, but we’ll introduce familiar characters in a younger time. That’ll be fun to show the audience. I call these movies in-between-quels. It’s a mind-****, sometimes, in terms of where things fall in the timeline!

And though Apocalypse won’t be released until 2016, Singer seems pretty committed to telling even more X-Men stories beyond that.

Yeah, there actually are [more stories I want to tell]. It all stems back to when I did [the first] X-Men. You always want to know where a character’s going to go, what their future’s going be like. You can always sequelise. But on that film I also had actors asking ‘Who am I? Where did my character come from?’ So as a director you always need a backstory to give your actors. It may not be the right backstory, but it’s one you can give the actor to help them understand their character. These prequels are really exciting for me because they give me a chance to explore ideas I came up with more than a decade ago.

With X-Men: Days of Future Past quickly approaching (a new trailer is planned this month) we’ll surely be hearing much more about it’s already in development sequel!

X-Men: Days of Future Past opens May 23. X-Men Apocalypse comes two years later.

Reactions: ocielz and Drum18
Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm set to return?!

From The Nerdist:

Although Bryan Singer recently confirmed that X-Men: Apocalypse would be set in the 1980s, just who the mutants would consist of, outside the returning First Class cast members of Charles Xavier (James McAvoy), Beast (Nicholas Hoult), Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), and Magneto (Michael Fassbender), has remained something of a question mark. It’s been speculated that the characters of Cyclops, Storm, and Jean Grey, obviously in younger teenage incarnations, would be introduced in this movie, and now Singer has seemingly confirmed it. In talking to Sci-Fi Now magazine (via Comic Book Movie) when asked if due to the time period in which the movie takes place, we would be introduced to those three key X-Men in recast roles, Singer said, “Yeah, exactly. My next goal is how did the X-Men come together? That story hasn’t been told yet, so Days of Future Past is the inbetweenquel; It’s in between the birth of that relationship with Charles and Erik and the formation of the X-Men.”

So what else could this mean for X-men: Apocalypse with those three key X-Men back in the picture? We could finally see proper character development and screentime for Scott Summers, a/k/a Cyclops, for starters. With Apocalypse as the heavy, and Cyclops involved, could Mr. Sinister be far behind? Just speculatin’. We could see Jean Grey at true Phoenix level power, maybe before Charles Xavier put the mental blocks to prevent the Phoenix from taking over. And most importantly, we could see someone finally do the character of Storm justice. (I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…Lupita Nyong’o was born to play ’80s Mohawk Ororo Munroe. Make it happen, Fox.) Singer has already hinted that we’d also see a younger Nightcrawler and Gambit as well.

There are two other major questions hanging over X-Men:Apocalypse now: first, being whether or not Hugh Jackman will return in any capacity as Wolverine. He has recently said that he is “99.9 % sure” that Wolverine 3 is going to be his last go-round as Logan, but X-Men: Apocalypse comes out the year before, so it’s hardly out of the question. And second, will Bryan Singer return as director as intended, or will his mountain of recent legal troubles force him to pass? And how much of what he’s been developing for this movie stay if he’s replaced? This movie already has a release date set in two years’ time, so a decision is going to have to be made soon on that front.

Lol, but if X-Men Origins Wolverine is still canon, Gambit would be hella old.

Teens, can anyone imagine "X-Men Evoultion"