Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 556
Last edited by a moderator:
Customs have become surprisingly OK these days. I now order from amazon.com and they add in custom fees and I have been surprised how little they've been compared to the old days when customs UK threw every charge under the sun at you.

Brexit's never happening. They'll just keep replacing the Prime Minister until somebody finally finds a way to scrap the whole exit.

[frustrated]
Ok, after losing 2 more steelbooks and just got the message I was 2 days to late to report it I now officially have put Zavvi on my blacklist as a retailer!
I already ordered less because of the import fees and DHL fees.
Just cancelled my remaining orders.
[/frustrated]

• Wow
Reactions: BluSteel2012

Anyone know anything about this version of Frozen? I found it by chance just now on the UK Zavvi site but clicking on it takes you back to the home page whereas the US site actually lets you view it. Either way it's showing as sold out on both sites but I dont remember ever seeing it before. Is it a fake listing or have I stumbled on a new one?

@paulboland?

Anyone know anything about this version of Frozen? I found it by chance just now on the UK Zavvi site but clicking on it takes you back to the home page whereas the US site actually lets you view it. Either way it's showing as sold out on both sites but I dont remember ever seeing it before. Is it a fake listing or have I stumbled on a new one?

@paulboland?
I don't know to be honest it's likely an error

Image used is the placeholder mockup image that was used for the steelbook that came out in 2014

@tommyh84
It's possible it's meant to be a listing for Frozen 2 listed by error early with wrong title used as that is been released in cinemas on November 22 and also using by error same placeholder mockup from 2014

• Thanks
Reactions: tommyh84
I don't know to be honest it's likely an error

Image used is the placeholder mockup image that was used for the steelbook that came out in 2014

@tommyh84
It's possible it's meant to be a listing for Frozen 2 listed by error early with wrong title used as that is been released in cinemas on November 22 and also using by error same placeholder mockup from 2014

Ah that explains it then, rather than pull the image/edit the page they created a new listing for what was the original WWA release. Thanks @paulboland :thumbs:

Did not know where else to put this...
BOGOF for selection of Arrow Academy films
580x384-ArrowAcademyBOGOF-052859.png

Fair selection of Woody Allen, but no standalone Purple Rose of Cairo...:(

Did not know where else to put this...
BOGOF for selection of Arrow Academy films
View attachment 453185

Fair selection of Woody Allen, but no standalone Purple Rose of Cairo...:(
The Arrow Films Forum

The Limited Edition Forum price/drop

Arrow Academy is a label from Arrow Films

I posted info of Buy one get free in these sections

• Thanks
Reactions: Scraggy
Hello all!

This question is for anyone who receives steelbooks from Zavvi in the white cardboard boxes.

How does Zavvi ship regular Blu-rays with regular o-ring style slipcovers?

If you order more than 1 regular Blu-ray are they shipped individually like steelbooks? Or do they combine them in 1 package?
And what kind of packaging?

It's been years since I ordered any regular Blu-rays from Zavvi and I can't remember how they were shipped.

Thank you for your help!

Hello all!

This question is for anyone who receives steelbooks from Zavvi in the white cardboard boxes.

If you order more than 1 regular Blu-ray are they shipped individually like steelbooks? Or do they combine them in 1 package?

It's been years since I ordered any regular Blu-rays from Zavvi and I can't remember how they were shipped.

Thank you for your help!
From my experience everything is shipped individually (same as steelbooks)

Regular Blu Rays are shipped in jiffy envelopes.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Hello all!

Thank you for your help!
From my experience everything is shipped individually (same as steelbooks)

Regular Blu Rays are shipped in jiffy envelopes.

What BluSteel2012 said is exactly my experience too, so far.

I still recall some years ago, when I received some orders for multiple items at the same time, in the same box, but that's probably more than three or four years ago (maybe even five).
Honestly I don't understand why Zavvi is choosing this kind of shipping, which is OBVIOUSLY MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE (for Zavvi, when we order multiple items at once), and at the same time less protected and much easier to be lost and/or damaged on the way (especially if you live in a far away from UK country, like me, for example). The only way to have something faster and MAYBE in one box several items, would be to use tracked delivery, but even this is depending WHICH items and FROM WHERE do they ship them; you might have the surprise (as I did once) to have just one item from many with tracking and the rest just regular mailings.

In short, Zavvi's "logistics" is crazy at best! And the worst thing is it seems that they are not going to change anything about this, which is, just MORE crazy.

What BluSteel2012 said is exactly my experience too, so far.

I still recall some years ago, when I received some orders for multiple items at the same time, in the same box, but that's probably more than three or four years ago (maybe even five).
Honestly I don't understand why Zavvi is choosing this kind of shipping, which is OBVIOUSLY MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE (for Zavvi, when we order multiple items at once), and at the same time less protected and much easier to be lost and/or damaged on the way (especially if you live in a far away from UK country, like me, for example). The only way to have something faster and MAYBE in one box several items, would be to use tracked delivery, but even this is depending WHICH items and FROM WHERE do they ship them; you might have the surprise (as I did once) to have just one item from many with tracking and the rest just regular mailings.

In short, Zavvi's "logistics" is crazy at best! And the worst thing is it seems that they are not going to change anything about this, which is, just MORE crazy.

The 2 things I like about individual shipping from Zavvi is that 1) steelbooks are much better protected in those white boxes and 2) since the package states the price of the item it's better for clearing customs without having to pay any duty on them in Canada if there is only 1 item in the package. Even thought the limit for importing in Canada is $20 Canadian, a single steelbook still clears even though the converted cost is around $45-$50 Canadian.

What I don't like about individual shipping is what you mentioned, that some items fail to arrive.