Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 556
Last edited by a moderator:
So, what titles were they then?
Thor was the only one I noticed that had not already been for sale over the last few months and it sold out straight away, the others were Elephant man, Batman, Angel Heart, Shield Season 2, Three Billboards, Endgame, Universal Soldier, Endgame 4K & 3D collectors, Hancock, Angels & Demons, Rocketman, Retribution, Lion King, Batman Collection & Bumblebee.
Same rubbish steelbooks they have been trying to shift all year.

Thor was the only one I noticed that had not already been for sale over the last few months and it sold out straight away, the others were Elephant man, Batman, Angel Heart, Shield Season 2, Three Billboards, Endgame, Universal Soldier, Endgame 4K & 3D collectors, Hancock, Angels & Demons, Rocketman, Retribution, Lion King, Batman Collection & Bumblebee.
Same rubbish steelbooks they have been trying to shift all year.
Thanks for that :)

Anybody got a link? Although I'm an RC member, I never receive the emails. :sour:

EDIT - Never mind... sounds like there's nothing of interest anyway.

Reactions: jasong
Are deliveries to Canada and/or the USA taking a little longer to arrive,at the moment ?

Most definitely.

Normally it's 2 weeks to Canada.

it's not just delays from Zavvi and the UK postal services. The delays are mostly from Canada Post.
I'm just finally getting the last item or 2 from Zavvi that was shipped April 16th.
So over 2 months for those.

Items that were shipped on June 1st still haven't arrived. So that's 22 days and counting.
Yet I have some items from June 8th that arrived this week.

I sent a package about 3 weeks ago to another HDN member from near Toronto to Mississauga, which is only a 1 hour car ride away, with Expedited Tracked shipping. It took 2 full weeks to get there!!!

Canada Post says to continue to expect delays due to "Christmas-level volumes they're experiencing and important safety measures they've taken to protect their employees."

It's probably going to be bad for a long time to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: britmotley
Are deliveries to Canada and/or the USA taking a little longer to arrive,at the moment ?
Some Deliveries from the US to UK have been quicker than some deliveries within the UK at the moment for me :confused:

Some Deliveries from the US to UK have been quicker than some deliveries within the UK at the moment for me :confused:

I have sent a couple things this month to the UK from Canada and they only took a week to get there yet it's taking up to 3 weeks just to send something a lot closer within Canada.

I have sent a couple things this month to the UK from Canada and they only took a week to get there yet it's taking up to 3 weeks just to send something a lot closer within Canada.
Yeah mate, I’ve just had something from Canada and it took 3-4 days and others things are taking weeks within the uk.

The whole postal and couriers seem to be pretty strange at the moment.

one of the big couriers over here have recently been reported to have lost 30,000 parcels due to some error reading the post codes.

Reactions: Stygian
Just received this from zavvi, maybe someone can post on main steelbook page

COMING SOON: EXCLUSIVE 4K STEELBOOK VARIANT

ONLY FOR RED CARPET! This week, we're launching some exclusive Steelbook variants to Red Carpet customers only! If you're not already a member, sign up now to get access when it comes.
And now it starts.

Keeping things exclusive to those who pay for it.

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
Anyone know how you go about turning off auto-renew for Red Carpet subs? I emailed them about it and just received the following generic/unhelpful response as if I'm trying to cancel or return a physical item...

Thank you for getting in touch with us about cancelling order.

We are sorry that we have not been able to fulfil your request as it has already been posted out to you or has already entered the dispatch process.

Should you wish to return your order once its arrived, then please contact our customer service and a member of our team will provide you with all the information needed.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

zavvi

Anyone know how you go about turning off auto-renew for Red Carpet subs? I emailed them about it and just received the following generic/unhelpful response as if I'm trying to cancel or return a physical item...
Is red carpet not listed in your account under subscriptions

I would assume that is where you look to cancel

Is red carpet not listed in your account under subscriptions

I would assume that is where you look to cancel
I already checked there, but there's no cancel button... just the option to contact them, which is what I did.

Will try my luck trying to reach out to them through Twitter... at least there I'm more likely to actually speak to a human.

Reactions: paulboland
I already checked there, but there's no cancel button... just the option to contact them, which is what I did.

Will try my luck trying to reach out to them through Twitter... at least there I'm more likely to actually speak to a human.
I not got red carpet as I'm based in Rep of Ireland
Zavvi website has in regards to red carpet they will send a email reminder closer to renewal date might be option in that email to cancel but that just a guess on my part

Reactions: Noodles