The Disney Collection (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusives) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
This thread is for the titles that have been released to date.

For a poll to share your thoughts on future releases (2015 and on) , please click here

Limited edition are limited to 4K-5K (except for The Jungle Book/Little Mermaid).

The Disney Collection link

Listing:
#35: Treasure Planet (February 8, 2016) - Buy
#??: The Princess and the Frog (October 12, 2015) - Buy
#34: Brother Bear (June 22nd, 2015) - Buy
#33: The Sword in the Stone (June 15th, 2015) - Buy
#32: The Emperor's New Groove (June 15th, 2015) - Buy
#31: Big Hero 6 (May 25th, 2015) - Buy
#30: Beauty and the Beast 3D+2D (December 15th, 2014) - Buy
#29: Tarzan (December 20th, 2014) - Buy
#28: Tangled 3D+2D (November 10th, 2014) - Buy
#27: Sleeping Beauty (December 8th, 2014) - Buy
#26: The Lion King (December 8th, 2014) - Buy
#25: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (December 15th, 2014) - Buy
#24: The Fox and The Hound (October 06th, 2014) - Buy
#23: Pocahontas (September 15th, 2014) - Buy
#22: The Rescuers (September 15th, 2014) - Buy
#21: The Aristocats (August 11th, 2014) - Buy
#20: The Hunchback of Notre Dame (August 11th, 2014) - Buy
#19: Mulan (July 21st, 2014) - Buy
#18: Hercules (July 7th, 2014) - Buy
#17: Pinocchio (July 7th, 2014) - Buy
#16: Robin Hood (June 4th, 2014) - Buy
#15: Mary Poppins (March 3rd, 2014) - Buy
#14: Cinderella (April 7th, 2014) - Buy
#13: Bambi (April 7th, 2014) - Buy
#12: Frozen (March 31st, 2014) - Buy
#11: Alice in Wonderland (May 30, 2014) - Buy
#10: 101 Dalmatians (March 10, 2014) - Buy
#09: Dumbo (February 17, 2014) - Buy
#08: Lady & the Tramp (February 17, 2014) - Buy
#07: Peter Pan (February 10, 2014) - Buy
#06: Fantasia (January 20, 2014) - Buy
#05: Planes (December 2, 2013) - Buy
#04: Wreck it Ralph (January 19th, 2014) - Buy
#03: The Little Mermaid (September 23rd, 2013) - Buy
#02: The Jungle Book (August 12, 2013) - Buy
#01: Aladdin (July 8th, 2013) - Buy

Not part of the official Zavvi's Disney Collection:

- Alice in Wonderland 3D+2D (February 22nd, 2016) - Buy
- Oz the Great and Poweful 3D+2D (May 4th, 2015) - Buy
- Frankenweenie 3D+2D (April 05th, 2015) - Buy
- Zootropolis 3D+2D (July 25th, 2016) - Buy
- Moana 3D+2D (April 3rd, 2017) - Buy

Disney Lenticular Steelbooks:

- The Rocketeer 3D+2D Lenticular (November 28th, 2016) - Buy
- Snow White Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Brave 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Toy Story 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Frozen 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Monsters, Inc 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- The Lion King 3D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Finding Nemo 3D+2D Lenticular (February 27th 2017) - Buy
- Wreck It Ralph 3D+2D Lenticular (March 6th, 2017) - Buy
- Tangled 3D+2D Lenticular (March 6th, 2017) - Buy
- Beauty and The Beast 3D+2D Lenticular (March 13th, 2017) - Buy
- Tron Legacy 2D Lenticular (March 20th, 2017) - Buy
- The Lone Ranger 2D Lenticular (March 27th, 2017) - Buy
- Fantasia Lenticular (April 10th, 2017) - Buy
- Big Hero 6 3D+2D Lenticular (April 17th, 2017) - Buy
- Lilo & Stitch Lenticular (April 17th, 2017) - Buy

- Avengers Assemble 3D+2D Lenticular (April 23rd, 2015) - Buy
- Captain America: The First Avenger 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Guardians of the Galaxy 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 2 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 3 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Thor 3D+2D Lenticular (December 14th, 2015) - Buy
- Thor: The Dark World 3D+2D Lenticular (December 14th, 2015) - Buy
- Hulk 2D Lenticular (October 10th, 2016) - Buy
- The Incredible Hulk 2D Lenticular (October 10th, 2016) - Buy
- Ant-Man 3D+2D Lenticular (October 24th, 2016) - Buy
- Avengers: Age of Ultron 3D+2D Lenticular (October 31st, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 2D Lenticular (November 7th, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 2 2D Lenticular (November 14th, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 3 2D Lenticular (November 21st, 2016) - Buy
- Captain America: Civil War 3D+2D Lenticular (October 16th, 2017) - Buy
- Doctor Stranger 3D+2D Lenticular (October 16th, 2017) - Buy

thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really think they should of came out and said "We are putting the Disney Collection on hold for the moment, we will continue in the future when we get permission to do more titles"

I expected it to go on hold at some point as they caught up with the UK releases and frankly I didn't several titles stood a chance of being released at all so never expected all 52. However stopping now misses out several big titles and that naff £2 Amaray horrors can get releases yet key Disney films may never come makes no sense without a bigger issue with Disney being behind it. Even as limited 2,000 runs like some other films they'd sell out so it makes little sense with the info we have.

Also, re Pixar Collection, as that's been on hold for ages now with no news I can't see it continuing if this isn't. Probably just looking at new releases for both here on out.

So even if they stop with this 'collection', if they just release a disney steelbook which is exclusive to zavvi nobody can tell if it is part of the collection or not as there is no numbering or even a statement that it is part of 'the disney collection'.

In the tarzan thread it says

Per info received from Zavvi this will be the last title in this collection. There may be other Disney titles released in the future, but this is the last in this series.

Oh poo. Just seen it myself.

I don't get it. Why would they let on thats its the end of the collection? Surely a few individuals will not purchase the rest? I guess we all knew not all would be released but this is a bit like not releasing the 3rd Hobbit film!!

I did expect a few more titles to be released. It has to be a cash cow. Even if they released 2000 instead of 4000?

I'll obviously purchase the latest announced titles in the hope that Zavvi or someone attempts to finish it off.

Just out of interest, are there any other Disney titles in Steelbook form that Zavvi didnt release?

Also wishing Planes and Mary Poppins were The Sword In The Stone and, well, any of the other unreleased "Classics" What a waste eh!

Last edited:
I thought they would have done a few more before they called it a day. I'm surprised they aren't doing The Princess and the Frog and Sword in the Stone in particular as they are getting new releases next month along with a dozen or so titles which already have Steelbooks.

I wouldn't mind a few more live action Disney or titles from some of their other brands.

Reactions: rodobastos
Phat, there's quite a few Disney steelbooks in the UK (either specifically Disney or Touchstone) including Tron, Dick Tracy, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Cars 2 and The Rocketeer among others.

Yeah, i'm aware of these releases but was after specifically Disney Classiscs. Cheers though.

Nice of them to miss Sword in the Stone :(

Would've loved that over The Aristocats and even Sleeping Beauty. Oh well, there's still The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast!

where is the info that they are actually stopping the collection? the collection was only just starting to shape up and become something special after the confusing mess it started up as. it is probably the most exciting thing to happen to steelbooks.. so to throw in the towel is bizarre.

maybe things are worse at zavvi than one might think if they are losing (what is in my opinion) its greatest asset with this collection.

where is the info that they are actually stopping the collection? the collection was only just starting to shape up and become something special after the confusing mess it started up as. it is probably the most exciting thing to happen to steelbooks.. so to throw in the towel is bizarre.

maybe things are worse at zavvi than one might think if they are losing (what is in my opinion) its greatest asset with this collection.

It's not as if they all sell out though.

Those that are still in stock have been offered time and again in multi-buy deals and discounts. Every time a new title is announced, half the existing ones get a '20% off when purchased with...' tag. The Jungle Book and The Little Mermaid were £9.99 with any other Disney title at some point. The same goes with the Pixar titles, they're constantly being offered in some kind of deal.

While they do make for a nice (but not perfect) looking collection, most people who want Disney Blu-rays have bought them already (especially with the whole numbered spine thing going on), and are reluctant to part with their money again for a new case. Especially as many of the discs in the steelbooks are inferior to existing packages but twice the price.

I thought they would have done a few more before they called it a day. I'm surprised they aren't doing The Princess and the Frog and Sword in the Stone in particular as they are getting new releases next month along with a dozen or so titles which already have Steelbooks.

I wouldn't mind a few more live action Disney or titles from some of their other brands.

.... and "Lilo & Stitch".

Tis the end of an era for me. Unless Zavvi start a Harry Potter collection I think I'll have to call it a day with them...this Disney collection was the only thing that kept me coming back.

Reactions: Thelite13 and levi
Tis the end of an era for me. Unless Zavvi start a Harry Potter collection I think I'll have to call it a day with them...this Disney collection was the only thing that kept me coming back.

I think the Pixar one is still going.
If it is then hopefully
The Incredibles
Ratatouille
A Bug's Life
WALL-E (although been done to death now)

You consider Wall-E done to death because blufans and BB/FS had one? Granted, I don't want to see that one till the other's you listed are done but that doesn't mean I don't want Zavvi to do it.

Reactions: mkdfan
Tis the end of an era for me. this Disney collection was the only thing that kept me coming back.

same for me really. this series of releases was the most exciting, and although clearly not planned well, at least made steelbooks collectible.

definitely thinking of throwing the towel in at the end of the year

Reactions: Skog