Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 556
Last edited by a moderator:
For international customers, who I would think is a sizable portion for Zavvi, there is no free shipping right now even with these flimsy mailers. It is GBP 3 for each order, and we suffer the most if we get damaged steelbooks as returns are more difficult and take time to reach back to Zavvi.

I was referring to the delivery charge for the UK. However there is often free shipping for Canada. Sometimes they give you a discount equal to the amount of shipping. Happens quite often actually. And that's even before a 10% discount on your items with the welcome346 code.

I hope they return to the cardboard box soon as I was lucky this time with the meet the Robinson’s Steelbook that it was not damaged but Atlantis or bolt may not be so lucky

Well, it happened....got damaged Meet The Robinsons....still waiting for my second copy. Dent is on the front cover, and since it is not completely mangled, this will first lead to Zavvi offering 10% refund :facepalm:

Any news if they have listened to feedback and will change to boxes again?

I'm really scared now. I haven't bought Steelbooks off Zavvi in a while, but I noticed their stuff finally starting to go OOS a lot quicker than they used to so I put in a pretty big order. I've never had problems with the mailers, but if they're back to using the cardboard envelopes as well I'm royally screwed.

Hey guys, i just saw this on twitter:

So hopefully we are going to be getting the recently despatched/new releases tsent out in this packaging. Out of curiousity when was the last time you got steelbooks in the small box with the foam insert?

I have a few pre-orders with Zavvi and I've just been issued a new credit card so the details Zavvi are holding relating to the orders are no longer valid. Will I have to email them to make sure they charge the new card? Don't want to lose the pre-orders as some have sold out already! If anyone has dealt with this I'd appreciate some info!

Zavvi is charging me sales tax to the US now! WTF I've never been charged sales tax by a European retailer!

Zavvi now have standard shipping as €4.49 for Ireland when you get to checkout

Zavvi website delivery international delivery has £1.99 = (€2.49) for Ireland
https://www.zavvi.com/articles/international-delivery.list

Steelbooks
You have qualified for: Free Delivery - Steelbooks
This is still not been applied correctly for International customers
You only get £0.99p (€1.49) discount the UK cost of shipping

I have contacted Zavvi using Twitter by DM message and they have said they will get it raised this with the relevant team to look into to see if this is an error on site that we can fix.

It don't say anywhere on Zavvi website free shipping for steelbooks is UK only so it should be applied correctly for all international customers

Yep same here, standard delivery for non-steelbook was £1.99, now £6.99!! Hoping this is a mistake @zavvi? Anyone heard of this, if they were raised it should’ve been announced somewhere? Needless to say won’t be very much shopping from Zavvi if these shipping charges are now implemented..

So just contacted Zavvi CS to ask if the raise in international shipping costs are correct and permanent, which they did indeed confirm it is. So that’s sad, can basically now only use Zavvi when it’s absolutely necessary or their total price are cheaper when ordering several items.

So just contacted Zavvi CS to ask if the raise in international shipping costs are correct and permanent, which they did indeed confirm it is. So that’s sad, can basically now only use Zavvi when it’s absolutely necessary or their total price are cheaper when ordering several items.
Steelbook orders contact Zavvi again after your order has been dispatched to refund shipping cost
I have pointed out to Zavvi nowhere on Zavvi website in regards the following
You have qualified for: Free Delivery - Steelbooks does this say it's UK only

I mentioned to Zavvi the following
Advertising Standards Authority rules apply in regards to the following

As there is no mention of any restrictions with free delivery steelbooks in an order or anywhere in terms and conditions
Free delivery means exactly that for all customers worldwide
I told Zavvi to comply with Advertising Standards Authority rules any restrictions must be clearly listed
As it's not listed with any restrictions free delivery must mean as it's described in your order

I got this reply in a twitter DM

Hello, If you place the order and the delivery charges are still on there, contact us when it has been dispatched and we can refund the difference

Steelbook orders contact Zavvi again after your order has been dispatched to refund shipping cost
I have pointed out to Zavvi nowhere on Zavvi website in regards the following
You have qualified for: Free Delivery - Steelbooks does this say it's UK only

I mentioned to Zavvi the following
Advertising Standards Authority rules apply in regards to the following

As there is no mention of any restrictions with free delivery steelbooks in an order or anywhere in terms and conditions
Free delivery means exactly that for all customers worldwide
I told Zavvi to comply with Advertising Standards Authority rules any restrictions must be clearly listed and as it's not free delivery must mean as it's described

I got this reply in a twitter DM

Hello, If you place the order and the delivery charges are still on there, contact us when it has been dispatched and we can refund the difference
I will ask them the same, see what answer I get. I wouldn’t be surprised if I got a different answer.. But it would be nice if that’s so, even though it really is a big hassle having to go through CS to get a shipping refund every time you order a steelbook. It’s amazing they can’t sort it out if it’s actually supposed to be free shipping worldwide.

Reactions: paulboland
And their reply:
"I can confirm that fully free shipping is only in the UK. Delivery in the UK is 99p so this discount covers this. This is why only 99p does get discounted."

I’m sure you could still try on the basis of this not mentioned anywhere, but yeah..Zavvi is becoming more difficult to order from now!

Reactions: paulboland
And their reply:
"I can confirm that fully free shipping is only in the UK. Delivery in the UK is 99p so this discount covers this. This is why only 99p does get discounted."

I’m sure you could still try on the basis of this not mentioned anywhere, but yeah..Zavvi is becoming more difficult to order from now!
It don't say anywhere at checkout or in zavvi terms and conditions free shipping for steelbooks is UK only

Advertising Standards Authority have strict rules when it comes to this

To be UK only or have any restrictions it must clearly list this when placing an order and be listed in terms and conditions

All you see at checkout is You have qualified for: Free Delivery - Steelbooks
So your order must apply this in full as advertised

Last edited:
Reactions: Hewitt89
Post a message on Zavvi Twitter CS

Make it a public post that can been seen

It clearly says when adding steelbook to basket

Free Delivery should be applied in full as advertised on items in your basket

If enough do this Zavvi can't ignore it

When I was been charged €1.00 for shipping I was not to happy about free shipping not been applied correctly and the hassle you have to contact them about it so I avoided doing this but it's a different matter when it comes to asking to pay shipping charge of €3.00/€6.99/€7.99/€9.99 etc when your order has listed You have qualified for: Free Delivery - Steelbooks

Your order has listed twice in your basket
Free Delivery Steelbooks

That is what you should be getting and until Zavvi list clearly any restrictions that may apply when ordering you are entitled to get full free shipping as listed in your order.

Apart from the delivery charges confusion, which has been there for some time now for international customers, what about this SALES TAX being charged to US customers? This makes no sense....I am using the Zavvi UK site in GBP!!

There've been some rumblings that Zavvi is no longer shipping Region B steelbooks to the US. Is this true?