Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 556
Last edited by a moderator:
Do the support people @zavvi even read the tickets before responding?

Me:
I've received items that were dispatched well after this one including Atlantis and Rescuers Down Under, but I haven't received this one yet. I have checked with neighbours and they have not received anything either and someone has always been home one way or another to receive packages. This was dispatched September 30th which is well before the strikes started (and subsequently ended) at Canada Post if I was to factor that as a reason for there to be a delay.

Zavvi:
Thank you for getting in touch to let us know you have not received order. I am really sorry to hear that you have not received this. I would have expected it to have arrived by now. I will investigate this with our courier provider but in the meantime I am more than happy to arrange a refund or replacement, if you could let me know which is best for you?

Me:
As this was to be a Christmas present, I'd prefer a refund at this time since it would not arrive in time for me to give it at this point.

Zavvi:
Thank you for getting in touch with us about cancelling order. I have not been able to cancel this as it has already entered the dispatch process. I am sorry and I understand how disappointing this must be. You will shortly receive another email which contains instructions on how to return your goods once they have been received.

Ummm ... not the first time inquiring about items that I get a response that is non-sensical :banghead:

So I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't always receive their Zavvi Steelbooks. Now I know it's a widespread problem.
I don't understand it. I keep thinking at some point I'm going to be blocked from ordering with all of the refunds they process for me.

For a long time now I order multiple copies of steelbooks from Zavvi because if I didn't I would never get a copy of most steelbooks.
So if I order 2 or 3 copies quite often I don't receive every copy but at least I do get 1 copy of each title.

Canada? Does that mean you've been getting my Zavvi steelbooks?

I'm still waiting on Evil Dead 2 from Nov. 5th. and a copy of Ant-man and the Wasp.
Haha. Nah. But it’s slightly impressive they managed to get mine to me in the end, going Zavvi-Canada-Norway and probably a bunch of hubs on the way, while you’re not even receiving what seems like half of your orders. :p

Speaking of Zavvi, got an order in today and ... they sent me the wrong item. :facepalm: How is it even possible. It will be expensive for them to fix, because it’s a pricey item, and if I’m going to return it to them the postage alone for such a big one from my country will cost them alot.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Over 4 months now has passed with Zavvi not fixing website in regards to free shipping with steelbooks been provided as listed in an order.

They keep saying it's intended to be UK only

It does not mention UK only anywhere on zavvi website or when placing an order that free shipping is UK only

Under ASA rules if a exclusion or restriction applies in regards to free shipping this must be clearly listed when customers are ordering on-line with a retailer

When you have a order saying includes free delivery that is what you are to be provided with
Applying a delivery charge when it clearly say free delivery is a breach of ASA rules.

Zavvi have not updated their website since I made this clear to them that if it's UK only it must clearly mention this when customer is ordering

One last chance @zavvi to fix this or an official complaint will be given to ASA with evidence provided that free delivery as listed in an order is not been provided or that website does not list if any restriction applies.

Over 4 months now has passed with Zavvi not fixing website in regards to free shipping with steelbooks been provided as listed in an order.

They keep saying it's intended to be UK only

It does not mention UK only anywhere on zavvi website or when placing an order that free shipping is UK only

Under ASA rules if a exclusion or restriction applies in regards to free shipping this must be clearly listed when customers are ordering on-line with a retailer

When you have a order saying includes free delivery that is what you are to be provided with
Applying a delivery charge when it clearly say free delivery is a breach of ASA rules.

Zavvi have not updated their website since I made this clear to them that if it's UK only it must clearly mention this when customer is ordering

One last chance @zavvi to fix this or an official complaint will be given to ASA with evidence provided that free delivery as listed in an order is not been provided or that website does not list if any restriction applies.
What if you use this?
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/honey/bmnlcjabgnpnenekpadlanbbkooimhnj

That's not relevant to Zavvi breaking avertisting rules

ASA rules
Delivery offers that are subject to exclusions or restrictions on availability should avoid absolute claims and instead make clear the limitations from the outset.

Zavvi don't list on website or at checkout if free delivery has a restriction and considering some customers in other countries based outside the UK are getting free delivery without any shipping charge been applied it's not UK only.
It's a website error that needs to be fixed so all customers that have free delivery listed in their order don't pay any shipping charge.

When a customer orders from a retailer and it has in their order free delivery that is what they are to be provided with
When listing free delivery it must not be misleading and if there is a restriction that applies then their order at checkout must not say free delivery unless free delivery is been provided.

Steelbook orders that list free delivery means that is what the customer be provided with.

ASA rules
Where exclusions or restrictions are based on location claims like “Free Delivery to Selected Locations” or “Free Delivery on Some Orders”, that are clearly and prominently qualified with clarifications about which locations are (or are not) included, are likely to be considered acceptable.

Zavvi website does not list at checkout or on their website any clarifications about which locations are (or are not) included

Zavvi have listed Free Delivery for steelbooks when item added to basket and when order is completed it has listed includes free delivery and at no stage during this process does it mention any restrictions that may or not apply.

Listing free delivery in a customers order and at same time charging for delivery is misleading and contradictory to what free delivery means

Last edited:
That's not relevant to Zavvi breaking avertisting rules

ASA rules
Delivery offers that are subject to exclusions or restrictions on availability should avoid absolute claims and instead make clear the limitations from the outset.

Zavvi don't list on website or at checkout if free delivery has a restriction and considering some customers in other countries based outside the UK are getting free delivery without any shipping charge been applied it's not UK only.
It's a website error that needs to be fixed so all customers that have free delivery listed in their order don't pay any shipping charge.

When a customer orders from a retailer and it has in their order free delivery that is what they are to be provided with
When listing free delivery it must not be misleading and if there is a restriction that applies then their order at checkout must not say free delivery unless free delivery is been provided.

Steelbook orders that list free delivery means that is what the customer be provided with.

ASA rules
Where exclusions or restrictions are based on location claims like “Free Delivery to Selected Locations” or “Free Delivery on Some Orders”, that are clearly and prominently qualified with clarifications about which locations are (or are not) included, are likely to be considered acceptable.

Zavvi website does not list at checkout or on their website any clarifications about which locations are (or are not) included

Zavvi have listed Free Delivery for steelbooks when item added to basket and when order is completed it has listed includes free delivery and at no stage during this process does it mention any restrictions that may or not apply.

Listing free delivery in a customers order and at same time charging for delivery is misleading and contradictory to what free delivery means
I get that, but it's often helping me with such an issue. Hence why I suggested it.
I haven't got the issue with free delivery. The one thing from Zavvi that works for me :p

Very dissapointed with Zavvi. Any one got the same experience?

I just complainted the issue that some items were missing during the delivery and requested refund, and they just CLOSED MY ACCOUNT!!!???
What the F**k really??!! Can`t believe they have got this genius operation even when I still have some open orders to be fulfilled.
and I can not log in my account since this morning.

Now I can not see the query status and I can not see other orders status via my account.
Nice JOB Zavvi, so you just took away the right of complaint from your customers by CLOSING THEIR ACCOUNT! SO I can not complaint anymore, right?

Does anyone know how am I supposed to complaint about this while I can not log in my account?

I just complainted the issue that some items were missing during the delivery and requested refund, and they just CLOSED MY ACCOUNT!!!???
What the F**k really??!! Can`t believe they have got this genius operation even when I still have some open orders to be fulfilled.

Now I can not see the query status and I can not see other orders status via my account.
Nice JOB Zavvi, so you just took away the right of complaint from your customers by CLOSING THEIR ACCOUNT! SO I can not complaint anymore, right?

Does anyone know how am I supposed to complaint about this while I can not log in my account?
That's disgraceful.

Try emailing :

[email protected]

And explain what's happened.

You talking about 1 order with multi items in an order or separate individual orders
What items was missing from a parcel you received
Was the missing item listed in the dispatch email you got

You do know that Zavvi ship each items ordered separately even if you order multi items in a same order and delivery can be different days/weeks even if they was shipped around the same time.

If your still waiting on delivery of an order it can take 2-5 weeks for China

Example if you ordered for example 4 items in one order each are shipped separate as in they are not all sent same time in 1 parcel

Zavvi will expect you to wait 40 days if your have items sent to china before they will consider them lost in the post

Sometimes zavvi website can have tech glitches and look as if the account has closed but works ok later that day or in a few days

You can contact zavvi on twitter to see if they can get your account fixed if it's still not working
https://twitter.com/Zavvi_CS

What message do you get when you try to log in to your account

Last edited:
You talking about 1 order with multi items in an order or separate individual orders
What items was missing from a parcel you received
Was the missing item listed in the dispatch email you got

You do know that Zavvi ship each items ordered separately even if you order multi items in a same order and delivery can be different days/weeks even if they was shipped around the same time.

If your still waiting on delivery of an order it can take 2-5 weeks for China

Example if you ordered for example 4 items in one order each are shipped separate as in they are not all sent same time in 1 parcel

Zavvi will expect you to wait 40 days if your have items sent to china before they will consider them lost in the post

Sometimes zavvi website can have tech glitches and look as if the account has closed but works ok later that day or in a few days

You can contact zavvi on twitter to see if they can get your account fixed if it's still not working
https://twitter.com/Zavvi_CS

What message do you get when you try to log in to your account

I know how it works for Zavvi`s shipment, actually I have been a long-time buyer on Zavvi and the address is in Germany, not China.
I have received the dispatch E-mail for each item, unfortunately some items just did not show up even after two months waiting, including Thor 1-3 collection steelbook and Lion King 4K steelbook and many more exclusives....

Missing order issue was not happening often, but increased during Nov. to Dec. near the Christmas, I am not sure if it has anything to do with the holidays. But I am quite sure that I paid a lot of money and got nothing! The only thing I could do is to complaint and request refund because the exclusive items had already long gone and sold out!

I did everything that adorable Zavvi customer service asked me to do and uploaded the Non-receipt notice whatever, I think the only fault I made is that the refund I requested related to too many orders, that maybe they think I am too greedy or something, like I am the one who already got the items and ask for money again! Oh come on please, I am not that type of guy looking for troubles.

Despite of the money I lost (Lost items over £500 in past two months) , the most annoying thing that Zavvi did is that I feel my character had been assulted, they doubted my personality and they just can not face this bad situation here and CLOSED my account directly! It makes me really angry.

I know how it works for Zavvi`s shipment, actually I have been a long-time buyer on Zavvi and the address is in Germany, not China.
I have received the dispatch E-mail for each item, unfortunately some items just did not show up even after two months waiting, including Thor 1-3 collection steelbook and Lion King 4K steelbook and many more exclusives....

Missing order issue was not happening often, but increased during Nov. to Dec. near the Christmas, I am not sure if it has anything to do with the holidays. But I am quite sure that I paid a lot of money and got nothing! The only thing I could do is to complaint and request refund because the exclusive items had already long gone and sold out!

I did everything that adorable Zavvi customer service asked me to do and uploaded the Non-receipt notice whatever, I think the only fault I made is that the refund I requested related to too many orders, that maybe they think I am too greedy or something, like I am the one who already got the items and ask for money again! Oh come on please, I am not that type of guy looking for troubles.

Despite of the money I lost (Lost items over £500 in past two months) , the most annoying thing that Zavvi did is that I feel my character had been assulted, they doubted my personality and they just can not face this bad situation here and CLOSED my account directly! It makes me really angry.
If you paid by credit card do a chargeback with your credit card provider to get your money back if Zavvi won't refund you.

Post sent during December is known for increase in postal delays and parcels going missing due to errors in postal system and human errors as in postman delivering to wrong address
Customs also can be the reason

Most eventually turn up but some don't
I had parcels from various retailers with some eventually arrived 3-4 months later most was due to parcels going to wrong country and then been 're directed.

£500 is a lot how many orders are you missing

How did you pay for your orders

If you paid by credit card do a chargeback with your credit card provider to get your money back if Zavvi won't refund you.

Post sent during December is known for increase in postal delays and parcels going missing due to errors in postal system and human errors as in postman delivering to wrong address
Customs also can be the reason

Most eventually turn up but some don't
I had parcels from various retailers with some eventually arrived 3-4 months later most was due to parcels going to wrong country and then been 're directed.

£500 is a lot how many orders are you missing

How did you pay for your orders

Yes, paid by credit card, and nearly 5~6 orders involved.
The most expensive order is around £400 and the whole order is missing, other orders just one or two items missing.
Base on former experience, I don`t think the lost items will turn up eventually, because missing issues did happen sometimes long ago, I just did not make complaint at that time thinking that only a few loss, so no need to bother too much. But this time the loss is too big for me to afford, so I made several complaints on Zavvi, and you know, I can not log in my account now.....I tried to use forgotten password function, but the E-mail said my account doesn`t exist and suggest me to open a new one...I guess they just erased everything.

SO right now, I am not sure if Zavvi will finish my open orders or not, I can not know the status of the open orders and previous preorders.

Thanks for your suggestions, I will give it a try anyway.

The most expensive order is around £400 and the whole order is missing, other orders just one or two items missing.
Base on former experience, I don`t think the lost items will turn up eventually, because missing issues did happen sometimes long ago, I just did not make complaint at that time thinking that only a few loss, so no need to bother too much. But this time the loss is too big for me to afford, so I made several complaints on Zavvi, and you know, I can not log in my account now.....I tried to use forgotten password function, but the E-mail said my account doesn`t exist and suggest me to open a new one...I guess they just erased everything.

SO right now, I am not sure if Zavvi will finish my open orders or not, I can not know the status of the open orders and previous preorders.

The item that cost £400 your credit card provider will refund you.
Any individual item where it's value is over £100 credit card provider is legally liable to cover you if you don't receive goods you paid and the retailer not given you the refund or replacement

The items that cost less than £100 you can try chargeback but it's not 100% if you get it but most times they will.

Note it can take a while as they will attempt first to try get zavvi refund you or provide a replacement.

Did you email them at the address I provided a few posts above?

So it seems Zavvi are following the Yanks and dropping Steelbook 3D releases, and in turn shoving 4K down the customers throats. Not happy. Sign of the times I guess. Luckily the Asian market still embraces the format.

So it seems Zavvi are following the Yanks and dropping Steelbook 3D releases, and in turn shoving 4K down the customers throats. Not happy. Sign of the times I guess. Luckily the Asian market still embraces the format.
Lack of 3D in countries is the distributors decision not the retailers
Some countries will have 3D and some won't and it's all decided by the distributor in that country

Retailers have nothing to do with what discs are included

They are offered products to sell from the distributors be it as a trade wide release or as an exclusive

Zavvi are a retailer they are not a distributor so lack of 3D disc in a release be it amaray or steelbook has nothing to do with them

Amazon/HMV/Zavvi as examples are only retailers

Distributors
Examples Disney/Sony/Universal/Arrow Films/Fox/Warner etc

Yes, thanks for your remind, I have sent the E-mail and waiting for reply.

Don't hold your breath, their customer service is so crap :BS: it makes you laugh, I purchased a box set just before Xmas and they gave me a tracking number, I had no joy with a tracking number over Xmas saying it wasn't even collected from Zavvi, I contacted them on the 14 January to find out what was going on. They confirmed the item wasn't even collected from them and they would get back to in two days. A week later no joy, contacted them again told to wait for two more days while they carried out their investigation. Waited and still no joy, so I just contacted the bank and they just gave me a chargeback.
They are just interested in your money, as soon as anything goes wrong they don't care.